Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problem moving him on but NOT for $450K FFS and ONLY after we get rid of the plodders.....too many to list but we all know who they are

IF this is true then as someone said earlier we must be making cap space for Smith/and or Pearce. If we're going to move on one of our best players we need to be replacing him with someone who will have a bigger impact on the team.

Since Gus is behind this I'm not as worried as I would have otherwise been but it does annoy me that we're talking about moving Thompson with no talk about moving on the other fucking plodders

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem moving him on but NOT for $450K FFS and ONLY after we get rid of the plodders.....too many to list but we all know who they are

IF this is true then as someone said earlier we must be making cap space for Smith/and or Pearce. If we're going to move on one of our best players we need to be replacing him with someone who will have a bigger impact on the team.

Since Gus is behind this I'm not as worried as I would have otherwise been but it does annoy me that we're talking about moving Thompson with no talk about moving on the other fucking plodders
They would definitely be spoken about mate. But what do you do? Elliot has been underwhelming this year so it would be hard pressed to find a suitor that doesn’t want us to throw in most of his salary. Or Waddell who is on a modest contract anyway which wouldn’t save us much. Thommo is our best forward no doubt but sounds like he’s on a small fortune and has missed 30% of the season through suspension.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
thompson was an impulse buy by the club, paying big dollars on someone for the sake of having a big name player at the club, while still having expensive duds like napa and hoppa there
now gus is here hes putting his stamp on whats happening, if its thompson having to be shopped around then so be it, but before thompson is shopped around, a thorough cleanout of dud players has to be the priority, i also hope gus takes the same approach with barrett, if he doesnt get some results early next season move him on as well

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What if it’s 450k over two years. 225k per year. If on 725k that’s a additional 500k per yer for next two years
Yes but you have to get another front rower. Leaves us $500k to secure someone who is half as good. It kinda doesnt make sense bc we only have JJ, Vaughan for a year (maybe longer) and TPJ...the rest left are not up to scratch and dont look like they ever will be as our forward pack.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he is a bargain at $600k and $700k is fair. If he was in any top 8 team he would be very dominant.
I'd be definitely keeping him IF he was on 725k.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You still don't get a quality player for 500k or a player of his calibre. If this is true, its really bad business from Gus and the club if they are ok with it. He's our best middle forward and has the mongrel we need. He will only get better. Fark me !
What if it’s 450k over two years. 225k per year. If on 725k that’s a additional 500k per yer for next two years

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bigger question is, If Thompson is not worth $500k per year then who is & more importantly who can we buy for $500k that is worth more than $500k???

It just don't make sense to me...... Unless Thompson is an absolute punish within the playing group.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa and Atoni off the books next year also, so how are we replacing them? With 3 middles going assuming the Thommo rumour is true, who is available to buy and who do we have in the club that can fill that 3 player void in the middle?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be somewhat down with this article if it was Hetherington being shopped as it’s clear he can’t stay on the field enough. As fans we were sold the story that we were clearing out cap space and not doing business like this anymore as it hindered out ability to compete on the field. Was it all a lie?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s no way we would pay anything for a quality player that already has clubs interested. Unless we signed someone else for next year already. Nonsense.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa and Atoni off the books next year also, so how are we replacing them? With 3 middles going assuming the Thommo rumour is true, who is available to buy and who do we have in the club that can fill that 3 player void in the middle?
We are bringing back Klemmer, woods and tolman