Luke Thompson consolidated thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he’s got an option for 23 just stay for 22 and see how the team goes at least

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pull your head in. It’s potentially a very frustrating outcome but if your method of dealing with adversity is to give up on your Club then you should go and support Parra.
Your lecturing me about that lol

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be honest, i dont mind either way. even though hes my favourite player if you put that aside no prop on earth beside payne hass is worth more than 800k. we could put that money to extend burton or other stuff. if hes dumb enough to leave right before we get our new players next year then go

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Put it this way, would you guys care if we had to get rid of him for Cheese?

I'm not saying that's the case but I'd be the first to fuck off my favourite current Dog to get Cheese.
I'd give anyone for the Cheese but I don't understand signing TPJ and Vaughan if that's the case.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trent Barrett
On tv just he won’t be released he is our best and will be a dog till the end of his contract
And beyond, make sure he gets the red carpet,

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trent Barrett
On tv just he won’t be released he is our best and will be a dog till the end of his contract
Hopefully that's true but he's also said that DWZ wasn't going anywhere and that Flanagan was a key part of the team so I wouldn't put too much stock into those comments..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully that's true but he's also said that DWZ wasn't going anywhere and that Flanagan was a key part of the team so I wouldn't put too much stock into those comments..
Well if there is any truth to Gus wanting him gone and what Barrett wants, the line in the sand has been drawn.lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Trent Barrett
Thank fuck.

As I said before this cap bullshit is the media.

We spent a lot. Yep we got a lot to spend.

We now have probably tapped out (like Gus said) and we compliment but tapped out for 22!

The only reason I think we have any chance of Brandon if he was released is storm will demand either rfm, elliott, cotric etc someone that is on the best part of 500-600k. It’s the only way we could.

Regardless of if cheese signs for 23 or not we have a shitload of cap for 23. Off the top of my head we have rfm, Stimson, wakeham, Vaughan, dufty maybe hetho? all off contract.

Role through to 24. Jackson, Elliott, Waddell, cotric, Allen, Flanagan….

Plus Thompson if he takes the option or not fits in those years.

Burton and anyone else will be fine to extend. Let’s also not act like burton is on 150k. Kids on the best part of 400-500k. He will get his pay upgrades if he warrants it week in week out for us and he can easily be extended with these names moving on above (outside of cotric and Thompson not one of them would hurt seeing leave. Jackson would be retirement so no disrespect there.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know straight away that these guys have got no clue when they write two contradictory sentences in the one article. The first one is where they claim Thompson has met with Macguire and the other one is where they state that he hasn't pushed for a release and that Canterbury haven't tried to squeeze him out.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Hes worth no more than 650k.

If hes happy to sign on for another 4yrs at that price tag then id be stoked.

If he leaves id be upset but cant see it happening after reading the story.