Luke Thompson consolidated thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate that you were right LOL....or look to be right.
I'm going to fucken lose my rag more if this shit comes true hahahaha

Can't believe this shit, Gunna have a prop rotation of Vaughan, Asiata, Ava and Featherington at this rate FFS LOL
If Thompson is moved on then I'm sure Gus will sign another prop to replace him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Someone told me 13 is the same as prop a while back, so we'll be fine just play Jacko and Elliot at prop. That will work nicely lol
Locks are props and second rowers. Jackson is a second row lock. Thompson is a prop lock. I honestly can't see Jackson playing prop.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If theres any chance we move him on, its to accommodate another massive signing. But given we need prop forwards, I can't see the reason behind this.
Others suggest moving this player or that, but they have to be someone that another club wants!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Thompson is moved on then I'm sure Gus will sign another prop to replace him.
Probably, I'm just salty lol.

Hes fucken good, and here we are keeping Elliot and the like who are also on big coin and pushing Luke out.

I know ita easier to make space when you have a good player to let go rather than trying to get rid of trash, but still.

I'd rather us pay a bit to rid ourselves of Elliot, Jackson RFM, Waddle then let this guy go.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The article is full of shit. Thompson is not allowed to meet with other clubs or recieve offers unless we give permission
No, he can't be enticed to break his contract, but his manager is free to have dialogue with other clubs. Wrong I know but it is in the details.

He can say " Well as you know Luke has a contract with Canterbury for the next two years until end 2023 but I am just touching base with you to see if you would be interested in signing him at the end of that time. He is currently earning $xxx and would like to be paid a bit more..."

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why isn't Hetherington and Elliot moved on for cap space SERIOUSLY!?!

Even if Hetherington in another universe was as good as Thompson he should still be on the chopping block first considering with his record he will be suspended more often than not anyway

It'll be an absolute joke if we pay freight to move him on as well. Barrett's panic buys in Waddell, Hetherington and Flannagan are looking to get more costly by the day.

This is on top of paying over the top coin for a dud in Elliot

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I'd like him to stay, if we're moving him on and making space for something bigger and better, then I'll be content.
I just don't trust the recruitment and retention of the past years enough to believe that's possible.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Be klemmer or some other prop that's worse... Thought this kinda bullshit was over, like honestly how do you go from letting Klemmer, Graham, Woods go to get Napa... Finally get someone like Thompson, then fuck him off when Napa's contract expires lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If theres any chance we move him on, its to accommodate another massive signing. But given we need prop forwards, I can't see the reason behind this.
Others suggest moving this player or that, but they have to be someone that another club wants!
AND let's be realistic what would other clubs see in some of the players that we currently have and would entertain releasing..and would they be willing to pay the right amount to be a difference in our cap.?

If we are looking to the future and using young blokes coming through we will be extremely sorry because from what I have seen of ones of any worth coming through they are a fair way off first grade.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can only think of Brandon as being a massive signing.

And imo the reason why he would be good with us, is how him and THOMMO could work off each other. Smith to get on the back of Thommos leg speed and shit.

Smith doesn't look that appealing working behind a pack of forwards that don't go forward because we get rid of the only bloke who goes forward.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The ONLY way I'm okay with this is freeing up cash to guarantee signing Cheese, otherwise WTF are we doing??? Why fucking sign TPJ on big bucks then?
even if that's the case to me that means TPJ was a mistake.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get all his money back in the cap and have a match winner lined up to come in i get it, otherwise we look ordinary