Luke Thompson consolidated thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe a manager would dare to act without the player's consent.
I also believe for a prop to get 7 digit figures he would have to be extraordinary with 10/10 across his game, and leadership qualities.
The 7 digit figures should only apply to some spine players, eg Melbourne !
Well that would be extremely disappointing if it came from Thommo. Something still stinks to me. Almost sounds like his manager had a chat to someone in the UK and it’s leaked to the press there and then here. I think Thommo is a potential future captain. And yes, $1m+ is reserved for the Smith / Cronk / Teddy calibre.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont have any inside info. Just from what I have heard on podcasts :

- They certainly dont want to lose him but if he can get $850k elsewhere he is free to leave ;
- No freight will be paid

If thats the case then I am happy with that
I'm happy with that. Would love to keep him but hes not worth 850k unfortunately

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Luke Thompson’s on 850 a year. How much is our captain on?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke is on $725k fact !, next year €750k, it’s not his agent that has put him in the shop window and chasing more money or a longer deal, it’s your shithouse club that has done that, Luke wants to stay and honour his contract
There are 5 NRL clubs waiting that he can walk straight into, if I was Luke I’d f..k the dogs right off and leave us all too it !!
Hi Andy !!!........fuck off

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s an old saying that “Sometimes you have to shoot a monkey to scare the chickens..”

If Gus is willing to shop Thommo around then nobody is safe, no one. There is nothing wrong with our cap it’s just smart business to go from being a desperado willing to pay overs to being like we were when we ruled the roost.

I wouldn’t be surprised if even Jacko is one of the players asked to discuss money. The more we free up the more we have to attract the Smiths and Ponga’s to us.

Gould never does anything just for fun, there is always something behind it.
spot on Baz He's fired the first shot over the bow.