Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly

For $750k and over you need to be influencing the result. Thommo stands out because the rest of the squad is shit. His manager is trying to cash in.

Gus knows you can’t have a prop on $850k but there is no way we would chip in $350k freight.

And fuck you previous management. $800k for a bloke who had never played in the NRL. The mind boggles
Couldn’t agree more with what you said. You’d want performances like that Sharks game weekly for that amount and even then it’s pushing it.

I have a feeling there’s going to be plenty of movement with contracted players in off season.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a backwards step if true he’s been shopped around , surely others should go before him .
Like Jacko a great bulldogs servant over the yrs and the grub Elliot if we need to free up some cap money. Thommo is a machine , with still 2 yrs to run on his contract . Would hate not seeing how he’d go in almost a new , completely different team next yr

I hope it’s a nothing article , just a bullshit story from Luke’s management.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh we should get rid of him hes too expensive but we need to focus on elliot jackson and waddel and hetheringron and allan and flangan but i can tell u a roster cleanout is coming thanks to gus and john khoury

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we release him and keep out and out duds like Elliott, JMK, Waddell, Stimson, Tui Katoa, that’ll do me I’ll walk away and give up

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whole story sounds suss and there's gotta be more to it... Still got another 2 years so he's at least 12 months off having to suss out another contract.... Either his manager or gus has influenced this... Personally I don't think he's looked settled since he's been here, obviously with the roster we've had it would of been hard for him.... I don't think he's worth any more than what he's getting

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is not worth 800k, can't see any other club paying that and would hope the doggies don't agree to paying 300k for him to play elsewhere.
Who would the club get to replace him.
Time will tell.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if they are chasing a new deal already with still a considerable amount of time to run on his current deal, then wish him all the best and let him go, hes not worth the coin they are asking long term

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Assuming there’s any truth to it I think the sticking point is he worth $850k? With his judiciary record and his position I would probably say no. Whatever happens I trust the process with the current admin in place.
Yeah that's big bikkies for a front rower who isn't all that effective in defence. I love his go forward but his defence isn't strong and for that money you want a middle forward who is an enforcer and is is dominant in both attack and defence

I trust Gus in rebuilding the team, god knows we desperately need rebuilding

I'm not fussed who he has to let go or move on from our current contracted players. They are all expendable in my eyes. He knows our salary cap is out of whack and needs to fix it so we have the right $$ spent on the right positions

Like Gus said ....5 wins in 40 games, not much to hang on to from that

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Being shopped by his manager not the club, is that even allowed. I would be sorry to see him go he’s actually a first grader and we have so many others that aren’t
It is if the club says they can look. I'm sure their are rumours that our salary cap isn't the best. And that's when other clubs come knocking if certain players are told to entertain offers with the club having final sign off.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This article is come solely from his agent. Dogs are pissed off at him and refusing to be bullied into extending him. Thompson doesn’t want to leave his manager thinks he should be upgraded (more commission for him) but dogs pretty much shut the phone in his face this is his agenda being pushed in the Media with some added spice
Exactly! He has 2 years to run on his contract, and wants to stay. We would have to grant him a release even if he wanted to leave. And there's no fucking chance in hell we are paying one of our best 350k to play for someone else. Fucking delusional **** manager!!! Its a disgrace the way managers behave. Fucking greedy bastards that basically do nothing for the duration of the contract, and then when the player is playing well, find them a new contract.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is if the club says they can look. I'm sure their are rumours that our salary cap isn't the best. And that's when other clubs come knocking if certain players are told to entertain offers with the club having final sign off.
Our cap might be spent, but any suggestion that its an issue is fucking bullshit. Look at who we have signed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine a few years under his belt with a top coach and top system, would be fair to say he’d be very likely be the best prop in the world. I think Baz is the worse coach the NRL has seen in a long time and we are literally at a record breaking low point so I’d be furious to see him go, even if we didn’t pay a cent. Under Bellamy (my opinion) he’d quite possibly surpass Haas and JFH who are marquee players.
If he was firing at Bellamy like levels I wouldn’t even care if we had him around the 850k mark.
Could certainly live with 750k on her books and 100k third party. He’s been very good in a team that look like they have no idea.
Gus and Hanson think otherwise mate. Id trust their opinions over any kennel members opinion.