Luke Brooks

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Brooks will stay at Tigers. He wont get $1.1m anywhere else. He only has to turn up to train and he's a winner.
It may just be worth it for them to move on, pay $800k and be done with the hassle. It's doing neither party a favour at this point. Both need to move on from each other. Brook gets a chance to reignite his career, while the tigers still have 3-400K to spend on a replacement, so even if they stick with Hastings and Doulehi as there halves. It means that money can go to a up and coming player who they think will be good in a few years.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights 2024, but they’re keen to get him their sooner.

Knights are shopping both Klemmer and Frizell around to make a play for Brookes.

What I found astounding was Brookes is on the last year of his back ended contract at the Tigers and reportedly that is worth a staggering 1.3M!

No wonder the Tigers want and need to move him on. That’s insane $$$$$ but well done to Brookes and his manager for signing such a deal, if true.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Knights are shopping both Klemmer and Frizell around to make a play for Brookes.

What I found astounding was Brookes is on the last year of his back ended contract at the Tigers and reportedly that is worth a staggering 1.3M!

No wonder the Tigers want and need to move him on. That’s insane $$$$$ but well done to Brookes and his manager for signing such a deal, if true.
I don't know what he's on and if those figures are correct but either way he's on big money and way more than he's worth. I don't understand Newcastle's constant hard on for Brooks. I don't understand how O'Brien still has a job.. You'd rather have one or both of Frizell and Klemmer than sign Brooks who is more often than not the Invisible Half..

At least the Tigers seem to finally be making good signings and are headed in the right direction since Sheens took over. The Knights remain a basketcase.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really hate how RL reporters talk about players salaries. Whatever he’s on should have been already accounted for and isn’t a cost pressure. If he’s moved on it’s because they just don’t rate him anymore

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knights have been in for brooks since the start of last year. They'll get him eventually.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair while I’d prefer we go for a much better 7 let’s not forget he won halfback of the year. He has some ability. Unlike flopagun.