Luke Brooks

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To anyone that actually wants to give Flanagan a shot again I suggest you watch all the games up until he was dropped and then watch then ones where Averillo was HB.

Our attack despite being absolute shit was still far better when Flanagan was playing. I have never seen a HB that can’t kick and can’t pass, he literally has one nice and it’s an inside ball to a forward

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Madge releases brooks , tigers sack Madge, flanges reunited at tigers. Brooks to us for 1.5 seasons until rajab takes over. Lol so many moving parts.
mid prefer rajab just comes in now and builds combos with burton and dufty then next year it’s only Mahoney fit in and we hit the ground running

Reactions: 88

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way!!! He is a running half at best with the heart of a Tiger, not a Lion. We need a ball playing half. I will froth at the mouth when I see our number seven go to the line and put a player through a gap.

I honestly think the lack of ball playing #7's going around is a massive concern, and I think coaches of the modern era have coached these types of players out of the game. They are told to stick to too much structure rather than playing heads up footy. It's so frustrating as we are only a ball playing #7 away from being a top four side. I honestly believe that with what the Dog's showed yesterday.

I didn't watch Flanno yesterday but i am hearing some good things.
Can someone enlighten me that did watch him, did he play like a 7, and do you think on that game alone comparing to Avo he deserves a call up?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a smart 7... not a loose 6.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was in a team that scored 4 points yesterday. Imagine the sigh of relief Newcastle would have had yesterday realising they didn’t sign him.

Can you risk a gamble then he doesn’t work out and you have Flanno, Wakeham, Averillo then Brooks taking up 4 spots in the top 30.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was in a team that scored 4 points yesterday. Imagine the sigh of relief Newcastle would have had yesterday realising they didn’t sign him.

Can you risk a gamble then he doesn’t work out and you have Flanno, Wakeham, Averillo then Brooks taking up 4 spots in the top 30.
The other side of that coin is the gamble the Knights took in signing Clifford and Clune - who previously have looked like fringe first graders but now look serviceable in a new environment.

Brooks has all the tools to help us as a secondary creator. IMO he just needs a change of scenery from the sewer that is the Tigers.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's worth trying something different at Halfback now.

Averillo is a footballer, but it's glaringly obvious he's not a Halfback. His link play and kicking game just isn't smart enough. He's there now because we can't seem to figure out where else to put him.

Flanagan was God awful last year. It was unbearable to watch how passive he was. In saying that, we had no forward pack, no halves partner and no strike out on the edges. What was he supposed to do?

Throw him in there and see how he goes with Burton. Burton then can pick his moments better and Flanagan can have one more crack at proving he's a Halfback. I have my issues with Flanagan, but 5min game time in 2 trials was a joke.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im certain I heard that he was going to extend, is there any truth to him wanting to leave?

50/50 on him, he has potential to be better than anyone we have, If its a straight up swap for Flanno than I would do it at zero cost to us.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
No way!!! He is a running half at best with the heart of a Tiger, not a Lion. We need a ball playing half. I will froth at the mouth when I see our number seven go to the line and put a player through a gap.

I honestly think the lack of ball playing #7's going around is a massive concern, and I think coaches of the modern era have coached these types of players out of the game. They are told to stick to too much structure rather than playing heads up footy. It's so frustrating as we are only a ball playing #7 away from being a top four side. I honestly believe that with what the Dog's showed yesterday.

I didn't watch Flanno yesterday but i am hearing some good things.
Can someone enlighten me that did watch him, did he play like a 7, and do you think on that game alone comparing to Avo he deserves a call up?
Also didn't watch and hadn't heard anything about how we went, but saw these highlights and did notice Flanno engaging the line before passing:

NSW cup is the best place for him right now imo - hopefully he keeps improving

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would take him. Averillo is not a halfback, and we don’t have a halfback. If we could do a swap with Flanagan and a bit of cash I think it would be a great move. He was dallly m halfback of the year a few years ago. The tigers don’t have a forward pack and we finally have a pack that is giving us go forward. I think him and burton would form a great pairing.