Opinion Luke Brooks

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i know people are critical of luke brooks in big games etc

Could he be an option to partner burton for a fresh start and maybe because he wouldn't be expected to do so much with burton, dufty and co being here.

All he would have to do is just manage the game and get the ball to burton, dufty, pangai for strike to create something so it might not have to be all on brooks to step up.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ash Taylor maybe for a year? If we can get him for a reasonable price. Definitely not brooks he has had the likes of Tedesco and Moses around him yet his done nothing. We need a half though BBO ain’t ready can’t just chuck him in the deep end like we alwyas do.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NO Brooks is crapola and no to fucking Taylor as well lol we had a very similar thread like this only last week!!
Maybe we do have to chuck BBO in the deep end, wtf really knows as it stands now what is ideal...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a guy who looked like taking the NRL by Storm having a cracking debut at only 17 or 18, I think he’s still got what it takes to be a very good half, for whatever reason, always manages to fly under the radar in terms of achieving and ends up a scapegoat. He’s got invaluable experience and just outside the top 5 for try assists this year on 16…I wouldn’t say no because Burton will undoubtedly be our go to guy and you only need your halves to compliment eachother like Reynolds/Walker for example..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brooks is similar to Milford, better when he just runs... Only way he was ever going to be decent is if he had someone like Adam Reynolds or Cleary steering the ship

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pearce/Burton or Burton and musical chairs with Avo/Flanno/BBO/Wakeham.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's scary how average the current crop of halves are.

These players are being overcoached structure from a young age and its killing their natural instincts and their ability to play what's in front of them

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a guy who looked like taking the NRL by Storm having a cracking debut at only 17 or 18, I think he’s still got what it takes to be a very good half, for whatever reason, always manages to fly under the radar in terms of achieving and ends up a scapegoat. He’s got invaluable experience and just outside the top 5 for try assists this year on 16…I wouldn’t say no because Burton will undoubtedly be our go to guy and you only need your halves to compliment eachother like Reynolds/Walker for example..
yes and reynolds has less then 10 try assists this year which is why i think brooks would be good for game management cause thats all he has to do realisticly

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's scary how average the current crop of halves are.

These players are being overcoached structure from a young age and its killing their natural instincts and their ability to play what's in front of them
Dragons and manly have a couple of good young halves in Amone / Sullivan and L.Fainu / Schuster... I have hope that the game will grow out of its lack of instinctive halves issue in time... But honestly the impact of covid with no lower grades wont see this get better any time soon

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd actually rather make a play for Mbye. That way if he fails there we can perhaps put him at hooker.

Either that or roll the dice and renew Lewis for 12 months.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd actually rather make a play for Mbye. That way if he fails there we can perhaps put him at hooker.

Either that or roll the dice and renew Lewis for 12 months.
issue with that is that mbye has already signed for the dragons next year