No Source Luke Brooks

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly Madge is fucking Brooks around and he's on the outer at the Tigers. I assumed poor defence was McGuire's issue but Brooks has only missed an average of 2 tackles a game this season..

He would be a good option for next year at a decent price. He has a good kicking game and is a dangerous ball runner. I could see Barrett getting the most out of a player like Brooks...

Hopefully Burton is the main target but we need two halves and we could do a lot worse than signing Brooks.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not many true halves running around these days and although not the best ever he is a genuine half so I wouldn't be hugely upset.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clearly Madge is fucking Brooks around and he's on the outer at the Tigers. I assumed poor defence was McGuire's issue but Brooks has only missed an average of 2 tackles a game this season..

He would be a good option for next year at a decent price. He has a good kicking game and is a dangerous ball runner. I could see Barrett getting the most out of a player like Brooks...

Hopefully Burton is the main target but we need two halves and we could do a lot worse than signing Brooks.
Brooks is on huge money at tigers. he knocked back a change to play at melbourne and learn of cronk before signing his last contract. Balmain boy through and through, cant see him leaving.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brooks is on huge money at tigers. he knocked back a change to play at melbourne and learn of cronk before signing his last contract. Balmain boy through and through, cant see him leaving.
I can see him leaving as Madge doesn't want him and most players leave the Tigers eventually.

But you're right in that he might not come cheap. It depends on if the Tigers pay a fraction of his salary or not.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really hope that J.Hughes ends up at another club to play fullback and Melbourne take a offer to Brooks again or sign Cogger off us if we don't keep him as I reckon there is alot of untapped potential that we have wasted by putting so much wasted time into Lewis

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just want to point out - missing tackles is not the only metric they look at for defence.

Some elements are not statistically tracked. IE - speed of line, man-on-man marking when an opposition breaks the line etc). Then you also have ineffective tackles (tackles where an offload is made), and who is at fault for major defensive lapses outside of the above (who's man was he etc).

Sorry for being a stickler - but I know how easy it is to get bogged down with stats.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just want to point out - missing tackles is not the only metric they look at for defence.

Some elements are not statistically tracked. IE - speed of line, man-on-man marking when an opposition breaks the line etc). Then you also have ineffective tackles (tackles where an offload is made), and who is at fault for major defensive lapses outside of the above (who's man was he etc).

Sorry for being a stickler - but I know how easy it is to get bogged down with stats.
Yeah of course reads in defence are a huge part of it but I think Brooks has improved his defence a lot in the last year or so.

Even Lewis who is supposed to be great in defence is responsible for conceding many tries this season with bad reads and poor missed tackles on our line.

Brooks isn't a complete player by any stretch but he's a natural footballer with plenty of skill who's being wasted at the Tigers.

Malla

Reaction score
Most overrated half back in the country.

However, he is better than any half we have at the moment lol