Seibold is commencing operation destroy from within like he did at Broncos

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Manly keep making the good moves lol. First they get Des after he destroyed us, then they sign Brooks. Today i see they extended Schuster at 800k a year. Hes flat out being worth half that. Ppl think we have it tough here, but at least we are trying to improve. Manly are trying to fail

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Josh Schuster signs monster contract extension as Manly's future takes shape
By Ben Glover and Alyssa Bone
24 minutes ago

Josh Schuster has signed a monster deal tying him to Manly until the end of the 2027 season, with the club doubling down on a new vision for the future after luring Luke Brooks to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles on Monday afternoon announced the maligned Wests Tigers halfback would be joining the club next season on a four-year deal and now the club has shown faith in Schuster despite clear question marks about his future.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the 22-year-old's three-year extension is worth $2.4 million, meaning the young gun is poised to earn about $3.2 million over the next four seasons at Manly.

With Brooks to take over at five-eighth next season, it appears that Schuster has accepted a change in role, with the polarising playmaker to be shifted back to the forwards, more than likely the left edge he occupied with mixed success when Kieran Foran was partnering Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves in 2021 and 2022.

Speaking on Nine's On 100% Footy on Monday night, Nine reporter Michael Chammas revealed Manly coach Anthony Seibold had met with Schuster and his family to outline his plan for the Sea Eagles star to return to the second row.

"Last year he hadn't played in the number six, now that they've seen him, the Sea Eagles aren't convinced he's a number six," Chammas said, before throwing to Paul Gallen.

"I don't think he is a great five-eighth, to be honest with you… but from what I understand he has said to Manly 'I won't stay at Manly if I don't play five-eighth'," Gallen replied.

While that was certainly the case when Schuster was stuck behind Foran in the playmaker pecking order, his decision to sign on until 2027 despite the arrival of Brooks appears to indicate a change in heart.

Speaking on SEN's Mornings with Matty White on Tuesday, Sydney Morning Herald chief sports writer Andrew Webster questioned Schuster's future as a half.

"I remember having this conversation with Phil Gould about Braith Anasta, he was adamant that Braith's best position was at lock, but Braith always thought it was six… same with Josh Schuster," Webster said.

"To me, he is a natural 13. I know he wants to play six, but he looks like a natural lock.

"He is a very gifted player, we have all seen that… It is a formidable combination with Cherry-Evans, Brooks, and Schuster on the field at the one time… that's a lot to like if I was a Manly supporter."

While Schuster may prefer to play in the halves, his hand may have been forced by the fact that the Sea Eagles were willing to offer him a handsome salary to play in the forwards.

According to Chammas, there was no other club willing to pay the same sort of money based on what they have so far seen from the young gun.

"I don't think he is going to get the money he has been offered (anywhere else)," Chammas said.

"He has been offered a three-year extension at Manly for about $800,000.... The West Tigers don't even think he's worth half of that.

"Is anyone willing to pay him $800,000?"

Meanwhile, Phil Gould told 100% Footy he expects Daly-Cherry Evans to retire in the next couple of years, making the Brooks signing an insurance policy for 2025 and beyond.

Cherry-Evans is 34 and will come off contract at the end of the 2025 season, but Gould speculated he might retire at the end of next season.

FMD $800k a season for a not 5/8.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Josh Schuster signs monster contract extension as Manly's future takes shape
By Ben Glover and Alyssa Bone
24 minutes ago

Josh Schuster has signed a monster deal tying him to Manly until the end of the 2027 season, with the club doubling down on a new vision for the future after luring Luke Brooks to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles on Monday afternoon announced the maligned Wests Tigers halfback would be joining the club next season on a four-year deal and now the club has shown faith in Schuster despite clear question marks about his future.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the 22-year-old's three-year extension is worth $2.4 million, meaning the young gun is poised to earn about $3.2 million over the next four seasons at Manly.

With Brooks to take over at five-eighth next season, it appears that Schuster has accepted a change in role, with the polarising playmaker to be shifted back to the forwards, more than likely the left edge he occupied with mixed success when Kieran Foran was partnering Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves in 2021 and 2022.

Speaking on Nine's On 100% Footy on Monday night, Nine reporter Michael Chammas revealed Manly coach Anthony Seibold had met with Schuster and his family to outline his plan for the Sea Eagles star to return to the second row.

"Last year he hadn't played in the number six, now that they've seen him, the Sea Eagles aren't convinced he's a number six," Chammas said, before throwing to Paul Gallen.

"I don't think he is a great five-eighth, to be honest with you… but from what I understand he has said to Manly 'I won't stay at Manly if I don't play five-eighth'," Gallen replied.

While that was certainly the case when Schuster was stuck behind Foran in the playmaker pecking order, his decision to sign on until 2027 despite the arrival of Brooks appears to indicate a change in heart.

Speaking on SEN's Mornings with Matty White on Tuesday, Sydney Morning Herald chief sports writer Andrew Webster questioned Schuster's future as a half.

"I remember having this conversation with Phil Gould about Braith Anasta, he was adamant that Braith's best position was at lock, but Braith always thought it was six… same with Josh Schuster," Webster said.

"To me, he is a natural 13. I know he wants to play six, but he looks like a natural lock.

"He is a very gifted player, we have all seen that… It is a formidable combination with Cherry-Evans, Brooks, and Schuster on the field at the one time… that's a lot to like if I was a Manly supporter."

While Schuster may prefer to play in the halves, his hand may have been forced by the fact that the Sea Eagles were willing to offer him a handsome salary to play in the forwards.

According to Chammas, there was no other club willing to pay the same sort of money based on what they have so far seen from the young gun.

"I don't think he is going to get the money he has been offered (anywhere else)," Chammas said.

"He has been offered a three-year extension at Manly for about $800,000.... The West Tigers don't even think he's worth half of that.

"Is anyone willing to pay him $800,000?"

Meanwhile, Phil Gould told 100% Footy he expects Daly-Cherry Evans to retire in the next couple of years, making the Brooks signing an insurance policy for 2025 and beyond.

Cherry-Evans is 34 and will come off contract at the end of the 2025 season, but Gould speculated he might retire at the end of next season.

FMD $800k a season for a not 5/8.

Always a Bulldog
Schuster has to be one of the best second rowers in the comp on that coin.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Schuster has to be one of the best second rowers in the comp on that coin.
Dont rate him at all. He has 1 good game a month and mia a lot otherwise

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Silvertails forum should be rioting right about now…

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Frees up a big chunk of change for WT.
They have our problem.
No decent half-backs available.
Have to grow your own which takes time.
Re: Brooks he is really a running 5/8. He should go OK playing 2nd fiddle to DCE.
Still $600k is about $200k too much me thinks.
But again, sellers market if you play 7 or 6.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t take long:

‘Forecast for the Insular Peninsula: it’ll be lukewarm at Brooksvale’ :tearsofjoy:.