Loss of the Bulldogs spirit

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess for any Dogs supporter we don't have much to smile about. We feel annoyed and frustrated with the way the team is going, but what is really pissing me off is when players just don't put in for the team. F*^k me even Kieran Foran has played 6 matches in a row this season, must have been a good offseason in rehab.

What I have seen over last 6 years is that the players aren't putting there heart and soul into wearing the Blue and White.

Watching Montoya and Reimis play last year was like they didn't want to run, nor chase .

I hate losing, but don't mind if the team are putting their heart in and trying. This is a dumb team we have and most of them are taking the piss.

** I am not blaming Kieran for our performances, nor saying he was not injured when playing for us **

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Yes, it's the culture in the building over the last 3 years. It's like losing is acceptable, players were not held accountable nor were they given the right coaching and training.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Watching Montoya and Reimis play last year was like they didn't want to run, nor chase ."

This year its Hoppa and Nappa as standouts for looking slack.

Yeah something very wrong with the loser attitude for the past 6 years.

Just haven't been a functioning first grade team of 17 co-ordinated players for at least the last 2 years of Desball, the 3 years of Payball and 6 games of Bazball.

Pretty sad really.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes weve gone backwards alright long rd back very long

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Watching Montoya and Reimis play last year was like they didn't want to run, nor chase ."

This year its Hoppa and Nappa as standouts for looking slack.

Yeah something very wrong with the loser attitude for the past 6 years.

Just haven't been a functioning first grade team of 17 co-ordinated players for at least the last 2 years of Desball, the 3 years of Payball and 6 games of Bazball.

Pretty sad really.

100%. I have had two Achilles tendon surgeries and I reckon I can still turn and run faster that Floppa. That was just an embarrassing performance yesterday.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100%. I have had two Achilles tendon surgeries and I reckon I can still turn and run faster that Floppa. That was just an embarrassing performance yesterday.
Been saying it for a while...but Hoppa and Napa must get publicly dropped to Mounties to set some sort of discipline and standards with Baz' coaching expectations.

Only a week to judge but Walters made a statement with Milf.

If Baz doesnt drop them and replace with "anyone at all" left in the Top 30 (there are some who haven't got a go yet even in the mess we've seen this season) then I'm on the "Baz deserves all the rubbishing he's gettting" bandwagon.

He looks no better than the ineffective, clueless players he is sending out there, so Baz do something positive to help yourself and the team.

Drop underperforming, disinterested players before the petition starts up to get you fired mate :(

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree with wendog. Barrett for all the bullshit hasn’t built this squad. Sadly it’s still filled with pay flops. Though next year won’t be thank fuck. Though regardless he needs to stand and show this shit is done. Napa and hoppa both are putrid. Need to be dropped and made examples of. I don’t care if the guys coming in are shit or inexperienced. We lose nothing... it might install some Fucking pride and force some attitude adjustments.

If he keeps sticking with underperforming disinterested flops that aren’t going to be he next year anyway and are just in the squad because the flop before him paid them big $ then he is digging his own grave.

Again he might have burton and addo carr coming for next season but he needs to start moving forward now. Not make this season a complete and utter nothing... install some ethics.
Demand effort. Passion. No one expects us to make
The 8. Avoid the fucking spoon and we will accepting like we did for years with pay ffs. Though use it to get the culture we need started.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand the point of this thread.. Foran was a thief who played when he felt like it.. Montoya always played hard with us but was just trash and still is.. Reimis took the piss with us and was useless and is still doing nothing at Melbourne so is no great loss..

For sure our club has lacked pride and effort for years. Dropping passengers like Napa and Hoppa needs to happen to send a message to the squad and fans that these types of performances and lack of effort are unacceptable.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand the point of this thread.. Foran was a thief who played when he felt like it.. Montoya always played hard with us but was just trash and still is.. Reimis took the piss with us and was useless and is still doing nothing at Melbourne so is no great loss..

For sure our club has lacked pride and effort for years. Dropping passengers like Napa and Hoppa needs to happen to send a message to the squad and fans that these types of performances and lack of effort are unacceptable.
The point is that many players don't commit or show passion to play for the Dogs as they do when they go to other teams.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The point is that many players don't commit or show passion to play for the Dogs as they do when they go to other teams.
Yeah but Reimis is still lazy with Melbourne, Foran was always taking the piss with us and Montoya always tried hard with us, he was just shit.

I agree our squad lacks pride and effort and has for years, I'm just saying anyone that doesn't put in effort here will also likely have problems at another club as effort isn't something you switch on and off. Either you're competitive and have pride or you don't.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sad thing is I could see Renouf becoming a top class running, offloading 2nd rower at Melbourne, Rorters or Souths.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with wendog. Barrett for all the bullshit hasn’t built this squad. Sadly it’s still filled with pay flops. Though next year won’t be thank fuck. Though regardless he needs to stand and show this shit is done. Napa and hoppa both are putrid. Need to be dropped and made examples of. I don’t care if the guys coming in are shit or inexperienced. We lose nothing... it might install some Fucking pride and force some attitude adjustments.

If he keeps sticking with underperforming disinterested flops that aren’t going to be he next year anyway and are just in the squad because the flop before him paid them big $ then he is digging his own grave.

Again he might have burton and addo carr coming for next season but he needs to start moving forward now. Not make this season a complete and utter nothing... install some ethics.
Demand effort. Passion. No one expects us to make
The 8. Avoid the fucking spoon and we will accepting like we did for years with pay ffs. Though use it to get the culture we need started.
And I agree with you and wendog,go figure lol.. saved me a lot of typing also.. thanks guys.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but Reimis is still lazy with Melbourne, Foran was always taking the piss with us and Montoya always tried hard with us, he was just shit.

I agree our squad lacks pride and effort and has for years, I'm just saying anyone that doesn't put in effort here will also likely have problems at another club as effort isn't something you switch on and off. Either you're competitive and have pride or you don't.
Morris boys?

They got comfortable here and no one was too worried when they left.

Most on here said 1 year extn at the most.

I guess it happens at other clubs and we notice more with our club but the signs arent good and, even more worrying, our new recruitments we were so happy with...well there's more problems with them than just finding their feet in a new team.

We have repeated systemic problems that havent been addressed for years (remember Dib in the sheds dressing down the players?) and it must be addressed by the current coach.

Take it back to basics.

Get rid of the slackers...that presser by Hoppa depressed us fans, how would the players react.

There's more but Baz needs to be proactive.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And I agree with you and wendog,go figure lol.. saved me a lot of typing also.. thanks guys.!!
I know I couldn't believe that one lol

We are just about to the stage where we all agree.

There's only a few stragglers left. Who think back to the future with Pay and it will magically get fixed.