Loss of Smith, Montoya & Holland

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Over the last 12 months the kennel members by majority have been wanting the 3 players gone.

You can see it all over the kennel.
Now they are finally confirmed gone, we have some saying we are "short in the back line" - Baz better have a plan in place" etc... etc...

My point is we got rid if the garbage.
We have Cotric coming in. I am sure the club has agreed for the release of Smith because they have a replacement in the works.

SMITH had a contract for 2021 so we are not obligated to release.

Just like we released Smith other clubs will also release players. So we could be getting anyone even if contracted.

I just believe we need to be patient over next 2 weeks.
We could be getting state of origin player. They don't want to announce it js not a distraction for the game next week.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the last 12 months the kennel members by majority have been wanting the 3 players gone.

Now they are finally confirmed gone, we have some saying we are "short in the back line" - Baz better have a plan in place" etc... etc...

We have Cotric coming in. I am sure the club has agreed for the release of Smith because they have a replacement in the works.

Just like we released Smith other clubs will also release players. So we could be getting anyone even if contracted.

We could be getting state of origin player. They don't want to announce it js not a distraction for the game next week.
Let’s hope that SOO player is not Philip Sami.... the bloke reminded me of Montoya the other night

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What origin player?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think everyone was calling for Reimis to be released, many just wanted him played in his correct position of wing.

Even the press release from the club today said "winger" yet coaching staff persisted with him at centre.

Malla

Reaction score
I would not use the term Loss in this thread at all

You should change the title of the thread to 'Addition by subtraction of Smith, Montoya and Holland'

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The more dead weight moved on, the better. I have more confidence in the club with Barrett at the helm then I have in four or five seasons so everyone should be optimistic and patient to see how things unfold.

Every offseason there is a tonne of player movement and I'm sure more signings will be announced post Origin.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Must be either Gagai or Tupou...
Gagai isn't going anywhere. He has one year left on a massive deal at Souths where he's on over 600k. So no club would be crazy enough to take him at that price unless Souths paid half that, which they wouldn't...