Loss of license help

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the 4th October i was done doing 71 in a 60 zone, via mobile speed camera.

I am on my red P's and have recieved the penalty notice. I have till the 13th November to pay.

I can go for my green P's on the 14th November and just lose points, but no suspension. But if not i lose my license for 3 months.

With this work?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
On the 4th October i was done doing 71 in a 60 zone, via mobile speed camera.

I am on my red P's and have recieved the penalty notice. I have till the 13th November to pay.

I can go for my green P's on the 14th November and just lose points, but no suspension. But if not i lose my license for 3 months.

With this work?
Mandatory 3 months nohing will help you

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But the RTA arent notified of the fine till after i pay it. If i dont pay it by the 13th i get another notice for 28 days. I will have my greens by then?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I lost my licence for 3 months for doing 139 in a 90 zone on my P's. 6 points (P platers only have 4 to begin with). $1811 fine.

I was gonna try and do my P Off course (ACT doesn't have green P's) to bypass losing all points as it would have raised me to 8.

It was a loophole that worked once upon a time but not anymore.

The suspension will start from the date the fine is fully paid. However, the infringement date (day you got caught) means you won't be able to try the green P thing.

(Could be wrong though. You were only doing 11 over but you must have previous losses of points?)

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rta will find out, they just havent been notified yet

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I havent ever had an infringement, it only 2 points but on reds any fine is instant loss.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Really?? That's madness. I do 49 over and get the same length suspension as you if you do 11.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can put it on my dads license, or will i get caught out?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can nominate someone else as the driver. Your old man will lose the 2. You pay fine. All G.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Had a mate (red Ps) that got caught by a red light camera, he listed his Mum down as the driver and she took the fine/points

No questions asked, but I'm not sure if they produce a photo of the driver if you get caught by a mobile speed camera

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont wanna find out the hard way.
Nah dont worry I did this not long ago on a red light camera no questions asked mum took the blame, man I love my mum

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were you giving or receiving anal while you were driving? That's probably why you were speeding.

When I was on 1 point I got my dad to cop 2 points for me, and I just paid the fine.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were you giving or receiving anal while you were driving? That's probably why you were speeding.

When I was on 1 point I got my dad to cop 2 points for me, and I just paid the fine.
Giving.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Note:

I'm talking about vehicles like this:
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1994389/utes-now-mobile-speed-cameras/

The residents of Wagga f'n hate the operator (wouldn't suprise me if he is run out of town in the future):
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2004141/motorists-driven-mad-by-mobile-speed-camera/

Which brings me to a point.. you *could* argue he was parked illegally and thus the fine is null and void, but you'd need a good solicitor (find the guy who got Fergo off!)

And this shows up to date areas where they can hang out:
http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/downloads/current_speed_camera_locations.pdf

I once "broke down" right behind one and popped the bonnet blocking the camera. He was not a happy chappy as they get paid a standard wage, plus part commission of fines accrued (via the company they work for).

So Office of State Revenue issue the fine for say $200. The Operating Company might get anywhere from 10-30% of that in commission, and from that the driver gets a cut of that.

Thus incentive is to sit on high traffic areas and just fine away.

Status
Not open for further replies.