Losing passion for sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well, i was being partly serious. MKR has become a soap opera, but Mrs CD watches it, so I more just going along for the ride, and watch enough to be able to pretend to be interested. :grinning:
It's spicy in more ways than one lol. Who doesn't love controversy , everyone on TV is usually gutless ,PC or scripted but finally this is real I can't believe channel 7 have not cut this offensive shit out!! It's refreshing to watch reality TV again.
That maffs show was full of actors so I couldn't watch it

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well I think it's natural. The game of Rugby League which I grew up watching is nothing like the atrocious shit that's being played today. That's why I love soccer. 1 game. The world game. Rules never change. Of course they'll utilise technology a lot better which I'm fine with, but the rules of the game never change. What pisses me off about it though... DIVING!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Tough one mate, could be an age thing, different interests, your team(Bulldogs I assume) going shit, something you love like the biff is gone, fav player retired or not as good as he once was etc etc etc. For me I feel the first 5 rounds have been odd and I think I have seen better starts in previous years but everyone is different. I think the reffs have made a fucked start to the year. The one thing about Rugby League I hate is grass roots is shit, local teams and A grade comps are dead and dying cause top dogs only give a fuck about the top grade or developing teams. Unless you are playing in a comp where boys get $$ its ok but if you play for love its horrible and makes you loose interest in the game. Union even though its a low game has great comps and excellent participation with volunteers and players. I will always watch Rugby League and support the dogs till the casket drops.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure which category to put this...rugby league general or other sports.

I’m just not getting into sport like I used to... we’ve turned members of our cricket team into pariahs .... and I just can’t seem to ignore what I see as blatant corruption in the footy and other sports... referees and results dictated by betting agencies and other agendas... at least that is my perception. It doesn’t matter if you play bad when the refs are so corrupt...even if you play better those same pricks will still find a way to get you when it counts.

For the most part of the day, I thought our resolve and intent in d was really good...especially on our line...

I’ll always watch some form of sport... but I just don’t feel the same way about it as I used to .... I’m a much more cynical fan these days...

End rant.
I feel ya!

I have been off sports for a while and it seems to be betting and TV right that are the triggers. Sports selling out and agreeing to ridiculous times to show games etc so they can receive more dollars and betting agencies that ultimately create corruption which in turn effects results.

No going back now unfortunately so don't see a real way out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too. I just can't be bothered any more. I have the Bulldogs in the NRL, Western Sydney in the A-League, Carlton in the AFL. None of them have been doing anything good and I just can't find the effort to sit down and watch a game any more. The only ones I bother with are the occasional Wanderers game and the Bulldogs game. But the Bulldogs game I only watch because I like to torture myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.