Losing passion for sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure which category to put this...rugby league general or other sports.

I’m just not getting into sport like I used to... we’ve turned members of our cricket team into pariahs .... and I just can’t seem to ignore what I see as blatant corruption in the footy and other sports... referees and results dictated by betting agencies and other agendas... at least that is my perception. It doesn’t matter if you play bad when the refs are so corrupt...even if you play better those same pricks will still find a way to get you when it counts.

For the most part of the day, I thought our resolve and intent in d was really good...especially on our line...

I’ll always watch some form of sport... but I just don’t feel the same way about it as I used to .... I’m a much more cynical fan these days...

End rant.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally i watch way less rugby league than i once did, the refs and the way the game is run has turned me off it. I used to pretty much watch every single game, these days i only watch dogs games and occasionally i will watch another game (for example i couldn't even name you the current top 8 lol). I find myself getting into cricket and motorsport heaps more than rugby league these days.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, I thought you would be the type of bloke who wouldn't get loosing and losing mixed up.

As for interest in sport, it's just part of growing up. Other things come into the frame.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
TBH, I thought you would be the type of bloke who wouldn't get loosing and losing mixed up.

As for interest in sport, it's just part of growing up. Other things come into the frame.
Oh you’re not going to go all narcy on spelling on me, are you CD? Spelling shouldn’t be the biggest bee in your bonnet right now if you just watched that shit fest from our proud whistleblowers. :p

Must have slipped and extra o in there as I angrily speed posted.... oh well, it’s the internet, not school :p

Seriously, thanks for the pick up though mate. Will edit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Personally i watch way less rugby league than i once did, the refs and the way the game is run has turned me off it. I used to pretty much watch every single game, these days i only watch dogs games and occasionally i will watch another game (for example i couldn't even name you the current top 8 lol). I find myself getting into cricket and motorsport heaps more than rugby league these days.
Yeah, I think a lot of people are the same these days. That’s why gambling is so important I guess... to keep people who aren’t fans of either team tuning in to a shithouse product.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why can’t I change the thread title? Am I just daft or do I need a mod? Could someone change it please before I “loose” my shit? :p

@MrInvisible

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why can’t I change the thread title? Am I just daft or do I need a mod? Could someone change it please before I “loose” my shit? :p

@MrInvisible
Click edit then when box or whatever opens, click the more options from there.

You will see that you can edit thread title.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wizard of oz was about the federal reserve not making children happy,i feel sorry for kids who love rugby league and get jerked around by adults lost in meaning

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Click edit then when box or whatever opens, click the more options from there.

You will see that you can edit thread title.
Ah, thanks mate!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I just see it, in part, of just growing up.

As a kid we would play footy or cricket in the yard for hours and hours trying to impersonate our (sporting) heroes. It might look a bit silly for my 40 year old self trying to emulate Moses mbye:grinning:

Once we enter adulthood other things begin to occupy that space, women, work, and eventually family. Sport, whilst something we still enjoy, becomes a bit less magical (like Christmas:grinning: ). There os lorerally just more shit on. We also do unfortunately see other things that kids don't, like the political side of the game (for want of a better term).

Whilst the move to "professionalism" has changed sports, I think it's more about us. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I don't think sport is any more "corrupt" than it was previously... Hope that makes sense...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just spare a thought for the poor Estonian kids growing up without the footy show
We are the lucky country

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just spare a thought for the poor Estonian kids growing up without the footy show
We are the lucky country
But we can’t piss “fuck you eels” into the snow, so Estonia has a few things going for it!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I just see it, in part, of just growing up.

As a kid we would play footy or cricket in the yard for hours and hours trying to impersonate our (sporting) heroes. It might look a bit silly for my 40 year old self trying to emulate Moses mbye:grinning:

Once we enter adulthood other things begin to occupy that space, women, work, and eventually family. Sport, whilst something we still enjoy, becomes a bit less magical (like Christmas:grinning: ). There os lorerally just more shit on. We also do unfortunately see other things that kids don't, like the political side of the game (for want of a better term).

Whilst the move to "professionalism" has changed sports, I think it's more about us. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I don't think sport is any more "corrupt" than it was previously... Hope that makes sense...
Yeah I don’t know man... I just don’t believe a 13- 4 accumulative penalty count is possible in a fair game. Souths were hardly choirboys all day.

Part of it is growing up, but I think there are definitely corrupt forces governing the game...

My tin foil hat DID just come back from the dry cleaners. Gotta get some wear out of it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm over nearly all sports which is one of the signs of the apocalypse lol

Still love NFL (watch nearly all the games every week) and just manage to watch the Dogs. After the first 10 mins I regret watching but can't change the channel. Love/hate.

I love league but I hate the NRL.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm over nearly all sports which is one of the signs of the apocalypse lol

Still love NFL (watch nearly all the games every week) and just manage to watch the Dogs. After the first 10 mins I regret watching but can't change the channel. Love/hate.

I love league but I hate the NRL.
Following the dogs at the moment is a bit like being married to someone who really can’t sing but insists on going to karaoke and belting a few times out every Saturday night.

We watch because we love.... not because it’s particularly entertaining...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't get into the Commonwealth games for some reason..
I actually feel annoyed because they took mkr off because of it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aside from looking corrupt. NRL has eliminated some of the hardness within the game by removing shoulder charges. You rarely see a big hit that you swear rattles tour teeth through the tv. And the players piss me off when they yet so hard to milk penalties. But the corruption seems pretty blatant, especially around origin games which I can't bring myself to watch anymore. The NRL are killing the goose that's providing them golden eggs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't get into the Commonwealth games for some reason..
I actually feel annoyed because they took mkr off because of it.
That is so sad...

... so do you think its the plastic chicks or the lebbos that get kicked out? Manu looks pretty fired up.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is so sad...

... so do you think its the plastic chicks or the lebbos that get kicked out? Manu looks pretty fired up.
Lol I thought you were being serious because it is kind of sad to be hooked on a TV show.

I'm OK now I've gone back to not watching anything at all (apart from nrl)

As to who gets kicked out its got to be the that big mouth Lebbo chick for pointing out the elephant in the room lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I thought you were being serious because it is kind of sad to be hooked on a TV show.

I'm OK now I've gone back to not watching anything at all (apart from nrl)

As to who gets kicked out its got to be the that big mouth Lebbo chick for pointing out the elephant in the room lol
Well, i was being partly serious. MKR has become a soap opera, but Mrs CD watches it, so I more just going along for the ride, and watch enough to be able to pretend to be interested. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.