Looks like we'll end up with Blayke Brailey

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I jumped the gun on this one sorry. It just seemed like all the pieces were finally aligning perfectly into place. Dragons getting McCullough, Sharks getting McInnes which would have to make us frontrunners to get Brailey (mates with Flanagan plus our need for a hooker) but from what I just read Brailey is going nowhere for now anyway.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I jumped the gun on this one sorry. It just seemed like all the pieces were finally aligning perfectly into place. Dragons getting McCullough, Sharks getting McInnes which would have to make us frontrunners to get Brailey (mates with Flanagan plus our need for a hooker) but from what I just read Brailey is going nowhere for now anyway.
You may eventually be right because the Sharks are going nowhere fast. They have a meh coach and a meh roster so if we start having some success, Brailey may want to leave and join Flanno.

Personally I'm not too fussed who we get at 9 as long as it's a young attacking hooker. I'm sure we'll sort it out in time for 22. Only 400 days to go

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see McIness working as a long term lock and think they'll have to blow the roster up sooner or later once they start the season struggling as anticipated. I still think Brailey might be on the move eventually. He was rumoured to be looking at other clubs before this happened so despite Cronulla and McInness saying he'll be at lock and they'll keep Brailey, things can change quickly.

Either way, I think Cronulla will implode soon enough so it will be interesting to see what the fallout will be. Surely Moylan, Dugan, Woods and Fifita will be on the move soon.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely Moylan, Dugan, Woods and Fifita will be on the move soon.
Unfortunately for Cronulla I don’t think any of them will move until their contracts expire

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Cronulla I don’t think any of them will move until their contracts expire
Oh for sure, they'll find it near impossible to move some of those guys. But it depends on how much freight they're willing to pay and how desperate another NRL/ESL club is. Point is, they have all of those guys plus Johnson on huge money and now McInness thrown in.

They have huge cap issues and keeping Brailey might end up being a luxury they can't afford if another club makes him a way better long term offer that they can't match. So right now they might be insistent that Brailey isn't going anywhere but things could change quickly.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brailey's old man is heavily involved in the Sharks recruitment so I doubt Blayke was blind sided by the McInness move.