Look who popped into Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seen them having an Oztag game along with all the other legends at Belmore on Wednesday afternoon. Some still looked in good shape too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seen them having an Oztag game along with all the other legends at Belmore on Wednesday afternoon. Some still looked in good shape too.
Isn't the tournament on this weekend?

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a feeling out of respect from both mason and bulldogs he might sign 1-2 year deal and play again for us and make his 300th game where he started it all and then have a job doing something in the club

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling out of respect from both mason and bulldogs he might sign 1-2 year deal and play again for us and make his 300th game where he started it all and then have a job doing something in the club
I appreciate some are misty eyed abut Willie, but surely you wouldn't suggest we sign up a man who will be 38 in April, and give him cap space and a spot in first grade? I guess he would be honouring the last two years of the last contract he broke with us...

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate some are misty eyed abut Willie, but surely you wouldn't suggest we sign up a man who will be 38 in April, and give him cap space and a spot in first grade? I guess he would be honouring the last two years of the last contract he broke with us...
I agree with you, But we did have Trex, and I would take Mason at 45 over Trex any day any time!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reni and Corey Hughes have been over in PNG recently going round schools promoting Rugby League over there, proudly under the Bulldogs club name :grinning:
Didnt Corey get the shits when he left? I remember an interview years ago and he said the highlight of his career was playing for the sharks.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate what Mason did for the club while playing here, but these days i don't take him very seriously. He's one of the many players that i think are going to pop their heads up at various stages in an attempt to stay relevant. Please remember tp pay your taxi driver when you arrive at the club Mason.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching an interview someone posted here on reni, I really do think his a really good guy! He knows he stuffed up with things but has a lot to offer young footy players I think! Best person to learn off is someone who's had to learn the hard way by themselve

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still dislike him for the way he carried on when he was wearing the roosters Jersey.
Couldn't agree more. Same goes for O'Meley. The club did alot for him and he couldn't wait to badmouth us at the first opportunity when at the rorters.

Funny how all these players go onto other clubs then want to latch onto the bulldogs when their careers are over.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Same goes for O'Meley. The club did alot for him and he couldn't wait to badmouth us at the first opportunity when at the rorters.

Funny how all these players go onto other clubs then want to latch onto the bulldogs when their careers are over.
Many have come here because our club was perceived as a milking cow, then went away grumbling when they found out it wasn't and put shit on our club.
When it dawned on them that our club was probably better but no worse than the club they went to, some wanted to come back like the prodigal son and have another go at milking.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Many have come here because our club was perceived as a milking cow, then went away grumbling when they found out it wasn't and put shit on our club.
When it dawned on them that our club was probably better but no worse than the club they went to, some wanted to come back like the prodigal son and have another go at milking.
Disagree, I think certain players realised how good the family club was after experiencing life elsewhere and it dawned on them the grass isn't always greener. Willie, Reni, Corey, Shrek can probably vouch for that but will always be known as Bulldogs, that's the club that helped them make their mark and helped them all reach the pinnacle of NRL.
typically, Clubs only keep on legends of their own post football.. the retired players realise that soon after they finish playing.
Take someone like Andrew Ryan who started off his career for the Eels for a few years and in the ensuing years that followed, became captain of the Bulldogs Winning a grand final with us. he wouldn't be chased by the Eels. But he knows he's got a job for life at Belmore..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt Corey gets the shits when he left? I remember an interview years ago and he said the highlight of his career was playing for the sharks.

FORMER Canterbury hooker Corey Hughes has rejected a life membership with the club he represented in 213 first grade games. ''It was my call and it really wasn't a hard one for me to make,'' he said. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...clan-and-famed-family-club-20100320-qn2f.html

It's true butt hurt wanker said the highlight of his career was being and playing with sharks.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FORMER Canterbury hooker Corey Hughes has rejected a life membership with the club he represented in 213 first grade games. ''It was my call and it really wasn't a hard one for me to make,'' he said. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...clan-and-famed-family-club-20100320-qn2f.html

It's true butt hurt wanker said the highlight of his career was being and playing with sharks.
Disappointing what he said in the article. If he is working with us again may have had a change of heart? it has been 7 years since it was written.

I know his Uncle hasn't, too much ego in that family.

Status
Not open for further replies.