Logitech harmony ultimate one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anybody here ever had a Logitech harmony universal remote ?

I've never had a universal remote. I always thought they'd be a bit of a compromise and you'd need the old remote for some things.

But this thing ? WOW !! Blew my mind.
15mins to setup, and it controls EVERYTHING even my cheap shit foreign DVD player I use to play regional encoded DVDs.

The shortcuts are brilliant. Press "watch foxtel" and it turns on the tv the foxtel box and changes the input on the tv !? Then the control, controls both at once. So if I change channels it changes the box but if I change the volume, it changes the tv.

The touch screen has icons of all your favorite stations and incorporates gesture control, so you don't have to look at it, swipe up volume up, swipe down volume down, swipe right channel up and so on.

I have 4 devices (2 that record)(and ones a pretty rare VAST box) plus a tv and a receiver and I'm yet to find a function it doesn't support.

Get one in your life.
Brilliant.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The logitech universal remotes are great, especially the one series. The only issue I have with them is that you need to keep it pointed at the devices until they all turn on. Pretty straight forward for me but the Mrs keeps forgetting then ends up yelling at the TV 'cause something didn't turn on.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have looked into these, but since I have an HTC One M8 with the IR blaster, we just use our phones as remote controls for everything.

Between that and our HTPCs, that's all we need.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have looked into these, but since I have an HTC One M8 with the IR blaster, we just use our phones as remote controls for everything.

What app do you use for it?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Logitech has something like that. It's basically an IR extender that runs off your phone.
Effectively, your phone becomes the harmony ultimate one.
Cool, but then you need to keep your phone charged.

N

Natboy

Can you use it with the foxtel planner and external hard drives? I want one

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just the HTC Sense TV App.

Works really well as you can have multiple rooms and remotes setup.
That explains it. I have an IR blaster on my Note 3 but there's no good apps for it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you use it with the foxtel planner and external hard drives? I want one
Every function on my foxtel IQ2 HD works fine.
Same with the planner and TV guide on my VAST box.
If the hard drive has an IR reciever, im betting theyll have it in their database as well.
If they dont as a last resort it has a teach function, and you could teach it from the HDD's current remote.

Its fuc*ing brilliant. Get one !

N

Natboy

Every function on my foxtel IQ2 HD works fine.
Same with the planner and TV guide on my VAST box.
If the hard drive has an IR reciever, im betting theyll have it in their database as well.
If they dont as a last resort it has a teach function, and you could teach it from the HDD's current remote.

Its fuc*ing brilliant. Get one !
Yeah cheers mate I just put in a request for one as a bday present ;)
Looks like they are $250 at dick smith & good guys.
Sorry I meant I have a portable hard drive that connects to the TV via USB.
I run it using the tv remote so I guess that would work too ;)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah cheers mate I just put in a request for one as a bday present ;)
Looks like they are $250 at dick smith & good guys.
Sorry I meant I have a portable hard drive that connects to the TV via USB.
I run it using the tv remote so I guess that would work too ;)
You get em on eBay for $160.

N

Natboy

Billy I got the shits with the buttons on my foxtel remote last night so snapped it in half and bought your remote this morning at JB for $215. I'll set it up this afternoon. It's so annoying changing channels on foxtel manually now after my temper tantrum last night haha

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Billy I got the shits with the buttons on my foxtel remote last night so snapped it in half and bought your remote this morning at JB for $215. I'll set it up this afternoon. It's so annoying changing channels on foxtel manually now after my temper tantrum last night haha
Lol ! Temper temper !
It's ok. It'll be for the best when you set up the harmony.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxtel remotes are ****ing rubbish. I recently bought a samsung 4k led and the remote it came with is also a universal, i actually didn't even have to set it up it synchronised itself. I was blown away tbh, love it.

N

Natboy

Lol ! Temper temper !
It's ok. It'll be for the best when you set up the harmony.
It's really good mate. It will take me a little while to get used to it. It takes a fair bit longer to get my external hard drive to start but apart from that I am really happy with it!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's really good mate. It will take me a little while to get used to it. It takes a fair bit longer to get my external hard drive to start but apart from that I am really happy with it!
You can adjust the delay. Its set conservatively, because they dont know how long things take to switch on.
Also, customize. Make it easy for you. put things you use all the time on the front options screen, and definitely set you favourite channels with icons.

N

Natboy

Sweet man I will. The problem I've got is that the hard drive doesn't have a receiver or anything so I need to select USB as the source on the TV to get it working

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sweet man I will. The problem I've got is that the hard drive doesn't have a receiver or anything so I need to select USB as the source on the TV to get it working
You can set up a custom function. Call it "watch HDD" and have it turn the TV on and switch the input to USB.
should be sweet.

N

Natboy

You can set up a custom function. Call it "watch HDD" and have it turn the TV on and switch the input to USB.
should be sweet.
I tried that but it didn't work because the HDD couldn't be found but i'll try it another way.
Cheers Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.