Loan players

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We could have put Elliott up front with Ava and started Topine for instance. Like you said, this helps Canberra by keeping these players outside the 17 match fit. I'd rather see Topine play then give 50 plus minutes to two Canberra players.
C'mon bro.. that's one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've read on here.. I expect better from you..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could have put Elliott up front with Ava and started Topine for instance. Like you said, this helps Canberra by keeping these players outside the 17 match fit. I'd rather see Topine play then give 50 plus minutes to two Canberra players.
please are you serious ? Elliott a prop lol, one of your worst there mate, We have no middles so we had to do this.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James to score a barge-over and Horsburgh to get binned.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
C'mon bro.. that's one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've read on here.. I expect better from you..
Haha. I'm saying from the NRL's point of view. I'm surprised they allowed it considering we could have still fielded a line-up.

Reactions: GDR

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
please are you serious ? Elliott a prop lol, one of your worst there mate, We have no middles so we had to do this.
I'm not saying I want Elliott at prop, I'm saying we could have fielded a line-up so I'm surprised they allowed it when earlier in the season they wouldn't let us call up development players when we were similarly decimated.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can frame it another way, a guy like Ryan James can give our younger forwards some great insights into professionalism on how the game should be played and offers some much needed experience/direction on game day. I like the approach taken.

I also feel like these guys may be genuinely on our radar as depth or Bench options and it could be a trial of sorts.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can frame it another way, a guy like Ryan James can give our younger forwards some great insights into professionalism on how the game should be played and offers some much needed experience/direction on game day. I like the approach taken.

I also feel like these guys may be genuinely on our radar as depth or Bench options and it could be a trial of sorts.
It's going to be hard to impart that knowledge in two weeks.

That's where I think the loan system could have merit. If it's for a longer period (3 months minimum) and the club has an option to take the players full time after the loan period.

Last edited:

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
If were goin down, which we are this year, let em go down with a fight despite who we switch around and elevate. Tough shit let em taste the spoon.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not saying I want Elliott at prop, I'm saying we could have fielded a line-up so I'm surprised they allowed it when earlier in the season they wouldn't let us call up development players when we were similarly decimated.
understand your point and yes we want to use our players, but we want to win also. if it is like for like ie backrowers then id play topine etc but we need some big bodies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
understand your point and yes we want to use our players, but we want to win also. if it is like for like ie backrowers then id play topine etc but we need some big bodies.
Broooo.
At this point of our season winning is not a necessity.
There is players as fkd up as it sounds that can somehow put up a half assed fight.

Remember players are on notice.. every game counts.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broooo.
At this point of our season winning is not a necessity.
There is players as fkd up as it sounds that can somehow put up a half assed fight.

Remember players are on notice.. every game counts.
winning is everything. You cant have back rowers playing front row and then have the halves getting belted because of it.
We need to take some positive wins to round out the year.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is what its come down to.
The NRL rules changes this year have left us short of players.
Hetho is useless to any team in the NRL now, he is a marked man.
Why Thomo copped 3 weeks has got me buggared.
Now we borrowing players form the enemy?
Beyond a joke the NRL.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least NRL Tonight (Matt Russell & Mark Carroll) are on the ball. They said that because the WARRIORS lost players to suspension, Horsburgh & James are playing for them. They are going to be busy this weekend. LOL

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to stick for making it possible, ryan james is off contract also, can he avoid suspension ?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horsburgh actually looks like he would be the love child of a Hetherington and Napa dalliance Dylan Hetherington or Jack Napa
Hahahahaha almost threw up reading this but you might be on to something lol

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In terms of like for like replacements we've improved the team with this loan.
Considering we could have had Stimson as a starting front rower with a bench of Katoa, Britt, Roumanos and Patalo we've done bloody good.