LMAO - "It's Official gender is abolished in Australia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This just goes to show why The Daily Mail should change their name to "The Daily Fail"

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...g-vote/ar-BBPUFyU?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

It's official - gender is abolished in Australia as state votes to make it optional to put a baby's sex on the birth certificate - and turncoat Liberal speaker made the casting vote.

So let me get this straight, Tasmania, our smallest state which houses 2% of our population, passes a vote, and suddenly, the remaining 98% of our population is genderless? LMFAO. All they have done is passed a vote to see if a M or F is written on the birth certificate FFS :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Oh but that's not enough fairly bread. Take a look at all the marriage equality photos in that pathetic excuse for an article.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People voted yes.

This is just one of the implications.

Schools is the worst impact

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People voted yes.

This is just one of the implications.

Schools is the worst impact
Save some of that tin foil for the rest of us. Some of us have sandwiches to wrap.

Not having gender indicated on a birth certificate has an impact on you in what way?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Save some of that tin foil for the rest of us. Some of us have sandwiches to wrap.

Not having gender indicated on a birth certificate has an impact on you in what way?
Whether you like it or not, whether society likes it or not, EVERY LIVING BEING has a gender. Simply pretending it's not there or not acknowledging it is not going to take it away.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This just goes to show why The Daily Mail should change their name to "The Daily Fail"

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...g-vote/ar-BBPUFyU?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

It's official - gender is abolished in Australia as state votes to make it optional to put a baby's sex on the birth certificate - and turncoat Liberal speaker made the casting vote.

So let me get this straight, Tasmania, our smallest state which houses 2% of our population, passes a vote, and suddenly, the remaining 98% of our population is genderless? LMFAO. All they have done is passed a vote to see if a M or F is written on the birth certificate FFS :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Oh but that's not enough fairly bread. Take a look at all the marriage equality photos in that pathetic excuse for an article.
I don't think you understand what "Optional" means...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, whether society likes it or not, EVERY LIVING BEING has a gender. Simply pretending it's not there or not acknowledging it is not going to take it away.
Why are you bringing me into this? I'm comfortable identifying as a male, I just don't see the point in going full snowflake over a birth certificate, or because someone wants to identify as something other than their gender of birth. What I really don't like are the feeble and tenuous links to the ssm debate, the histrionics and sky is falling bullshit.

If someone wants to identify as gender non specific, how does this negatively impact you? If gender is not indicated on a birth certificate because the baby's parents take that option, how does this negatively impact on YOU? That's all I want to know.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, Daily Mail is a meme of a news source. They're more tabloid than anything.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why are you bringing me into this? I'm comfortable identifying as a male, I just don't see the point in going full snowflake over a birth certificate, or because someone wants to identify as something other than their gender of birth. What I really don't like are the feeble and tenuous links to the ssm debate, the histrionics and sky is falling bullshit.

If someone wants to identify as gender non specific, how does this negatively impact you? If gender is not indicated on a birth certificate because the baby's parents take that option, how does this negatively impact on YOU? That's all I want to know.
How hoes it impact me? Well it pisses me off that people are trying to remove gender from everything - even things that do not impact on them like electronics/tools that have MALE/FEMALE component NAMES.

^ Guess which one is male, which is female? Guess who's taking offense to this reference?

Now as I mentioned, the article itself and the option to list M/F on a birth certificate is not really that big a deal, what pisses me off is how The Daily Fail glorifies this as a big issue and make it sound as if the world has tipped on it's axis.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Umm... its not official. It still has to pass the upper house, and assent from the Governor.

Put the pipe down and start doing some work for a change.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How hoes it impact me? Well it pisses me off that people are trying to remove gender from everything - even things that do not impact on them like electronics/tools that have MALE/FEMALE component NAMES.

^ Guess which one is male, which is female? Guess who's taking offense to this reference?

Now as I mentioned, the article itself and the option to list M/F on a birth certificate is not really that big a deal, what pisses me off is how The Daily Fail glorifies this as a big issue and make it sound as if the world has tipped on it's axis.
Lol.... how will the world continue to turn if inanimate objects are no longer ascribed male and female body parts? I'm confused. You say you're annoyed the Daily Mail is acting like the world has tipped on its axis.....that seems to be exactly what you are doing, dude.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Umm... its not official. It still has to pass the upper house, and assent from the Governor.

Put the pipe down and start doing some work for a change.
Yeah, but just watch all the leftists in the upper house and the lefty governor jump on the bandwagon! ;)

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will they now have 3 boxes to tick for the Olympics, Male, Female & Fkd if I know Mum and Dad didnt specify?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My boy is a boy and my girl is a girl. That's all I give a fuck about.

Left ***** will call this a victory,
Right ***** will whinge,
Us normal people still won't give a fuck.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I would not class this as threadworthy at all. Seems more at place in Realist90s Safe Space Thread.

All threads on this topic seem to end the same way... a shitfight... so stopping this one early.

Status
Not open for further replies.