LIVE BLOG WITH NRL360’S PAUL KENT BELOW FROM 1PM AEDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Didn't we just pay a fine for being over the cap ?
Now we're looking to purchase $3m worth of talent ?
That was from a minor issue for 2016s team.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos have just re-signed Milford for 3 years on 900k a year.

Moses is on crack demanding 800k a year

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tigers are like the warriors, its a club where the players have to much control and just do what they want.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we just pay a fine for being over the cap ?
Now we're looking to purchase $3m worth of talent ?
No, we didn't pay a fine.
We were over the cap due to a technicality but that sorted itself out.
Lloyd Perrett had a handshake deal to go to Titans and we bought another player thinking he was going.
When the time came for Lloyd to go, he got cold feet and decided to stay and therefore putting us over the cap.
Luckily, a couple of weeks later, Lloyd signed a deal with Manly and we dodged a bullet (the fine).

We are at the max of our cap THIS YEAR because of all the upgrades. In saying that, we released a number of players to upgrade the Mbye's, Kasiano's, Jackson's...etc.
The new TV deal will up the cap from $6.7 million to around $10 million STARTING 2018.
A lot of clubs like Panthers are spending this extra $3 million on keeping their team in tact. Broncos have also announced a number of re-signings.
I still think we haven't even touched our $3 million and we are playing it safe and waiting for confirmation from the NRL before we go shopping.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos have just re-signed Milford for 3 years on 900k a year.

Moses is on crack demanding 800k a year
$900K for the MILF or $800K for our beloved Josh.....I know which I would take.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its basically how statistics and performances are measured ... there's no pretending the numbers are there to prove my point .
They don't mean anything when your pool of data consists of 3 games and you are comparing it to another pool of 24 games you clown.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be rude but you legit have no idea. We would have offered them all contracts or at the very least sounded out their managers
Manager. They all share the same 1!

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We would have to have some money, no big signings last couple years.

Moses and Tedesco would be excellent, don't want the other 2..

Big 4 fuck me what a laugh

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The art, it seems to me, in building a awesome team that can win everything is being able to identify guys on their way up, and pair them with a handful of established team leaders. Given we are paying pretty decent amounts to a few players, we need to be more looking at guys on the way up than guys already commanding a premium (and in the case of the Tigers halves, are probably worth that money in the same way Mbye is worth his money right now, i.e. not).

Of the 4, I wouldn't really want Woods at all regardless of price, he is another prop who hits the line softly, and submits in a tackle as soon as someone grabs his jersey.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They don't mean anything when your pool of data consists of 3 games and you are comparing it to another pool of 24 games you clown.
LOLLL ... you've given "stupid" a new low

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't having a personal dig at you and apologies if it came across that way, I think a lot would change with the different personalities and players abilities then the current crop we have. Between Reynolds and Mbye I don't see them being able to do much more then they have shown. Between the two of them they have a zero kicking game be it long or short and there ball paying abilities are very poor too. Maybe its not as much Des's fault as we blame him for but the actual inability of the decision makers leading our team around the park.
Yes Hasler an Co are responsible for signings and player retention but when we discuss actual ability neither Reynolds or Mbye have actually shown us they are world class halves. There's a lot of hype but very little to show for it on their parts.
It's all good mate , no offence taken . Ive just lost confidence after 6 years of Hasler and his game plan which nullifies and stifles our players strengths.
I just don't think he brings out the best in a player anymore and his philosophy of how he wants us to play is part of the problem .
And the thing is we can all see that we have been crying out for a decent halfback and fullback but his recruitment in 6 seasons has failed to strengthen our team in those positions. He's had 6 years to fix the problem but instead just wants to improvise with a innivative style of play that eliminates the shortcomings we have in the halves.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knowing us we will sign the one player out their 'big four" that we need the least Aaron Woods, who is a spastic mind you but we will find a way to pay overs for a shit forward

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Knowing us we will sign the one player out their 'big four" that we need the least Aaron Woods, who is a spastic mind you but we will find a way to pay overs for a shit forward
haha either that or Idris LOL
big 4 my ass
only 1 is worth getting.. and thats Teddy... the rest can FO

foran and teddy please

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, we didn't pay a fine.
We were over the cap due to a technicality but that sorted itself out.
Lloyd Perrett had a handshake deal to go to Titans and we bought another player thinking he was going.
When the time came for Lloyd to go, he got cold feet and decided to stay and therefore putting us over the cap.
Luckily, a couple of weeks later, Lloyd signed a deal with Manly and we dodged a bullet (the fine).

We are at the max of our cap THIS YEAR because of all the upgrades. In saying that, we released a number of players to upgrade the Mbye's, Kasiano's, Jackson's...etc.
The new TV deal will up the cap from $6.7 million to around $10 million STARTING 2018.
A lot of clubs like Panthers are spending this extra $3 million on keeping their team in tact. Broncos have also announced a number of re-signings.
I still think we haven't even touched our $3 million and we are playing it safe and waiting for confirmation from the NRL before we go shopping.
It was discussed on NRL 360 they are setting new contract as a percentage and giving estimate.

Also mention was some clubs aren't and are working off a cap of 11 million. So if the cap get settled at 10 million they going to have to get rid of 1 million dollars in the cap to be compliant.

So next off season expect a couple of fire sales if the cap isn't 11 million.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
big 4 my ass

foran and teddy please
With you here mate be very very happy

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
big 4 my ass

foran and teddy please
I haven't been on here in the off season but still the same old shit about Foran!!!

It's become an obsession on the kennel with people saying it now without even thinking about it.
I never once wanted Foran near our club and still don't and I think id rather stick pins in my eyes then see his fucken name on here again.

LET IT GO

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't been on here in the off season but still the same old shit about Foran!!!

It's become an obsession on the kennel with people saying it now without even thinking about it.
I never once wanted Foran near our club and still don't and I think id rather stick pins in my eyes then see his fucken name on here again.

LET IT GO
If he is able to get over his personal issue he is what our team needs ... like it or not

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matt Scott looks like he is staying in North Queensland after the Knights withdrew their $2.7 million offer, while star players Michael Morgan, Lachlan Coote and Jake Granville all come off contract at the end of 2018 and will be asking for more. Coote may be a little too but Morgan and Granville are in their primes.

Status
Not open for further replies.