Lirpa to be a Bulldog in 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A few of you may be aware (it has been a fairly well kept secret) that there has been the occasional rumour that former South African Springbok Loof Lirpa will soon be defecting to rugby league (and will be signing with the Bulldogs for 2006).

Afrikaner Loof Lirpa, who played 3 tests for the Springboks in 2000 has been playing club Rugby Union in Europe for the last few years (and has been well paid for it - which is why I suspect decided to curtail his promising international career and play Europen club rugby instead!).

An announcement is expected shortly in an exclusive article in one of South Africa's Afrikaans language major newspapers (I forget which one it is, but it is likely to be one of Die Burger, Rapport, Die Beeld or Volksblad). I used to be able to understand a bit of Afrikaans (I spent a few weeks in South Africa in 1987), but I have since forgotten most of the Afrikaans I once knew, so if one of you knows a bit of Afrikaans, you can have a look at the relevant website and translate when they next update their website in a few hours time (South Africa is 8 hours behind Australia).

Loof Lirpa's defection from Union to League will be big news over there, and apparently Lirpa has been paid big money for an exclusive interview (hence the secrecy to date).

I am not so sure that the purchase of Loof Lirpa for the Bulldogs in 2006 will be good value (from my memory of watching him play I thought he would be found wanting in the faster paced 13 a side code). He has good utility value (can play centre, wing or fullback), but I can't see him dislodging the present incumbents (viz Patten, Utai, el Masri, Lolesi and Tonga), although he would be useful to have as a reserve. Well, lets see what happens in 2006!

If/when I get some more information, I will post it here. Anyway, must go to bed now - I have to get up at 6am to go to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
the Bulldogs have a tendancy for signing ppl with the weirdest oddest non english names!!! these days its like if they dont have a normal convict name like Bill O'Donahugh than they aint worth being part of the Bulldogs side!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ april fool's joke. Habib has a knack for writing and reading words backwards :grinning:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Habib said:
lol @ april fool's joke. Habib has a knack for writing and reading words backwards :grinning:

oh yeah false prediction from Prodigal son

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Habib said:
Habib - no no no!!! You should have kept your fingertips SHUT for a few more hours!!!

Anyway, well spotted! Yes, Loof Lirpa spelt backwards is indeed April Fool!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Prodigal Son said:
Habib - no no no!!! You should have kept your fingertips SHUT for a few more hours!!!

Anyway, well spotted! Yes, Loof Lirpa spelt backwards is indeed April Fool!

you bastard :p you had me going for a sec that the Doggies were gonna sign some south african with a weird name!!
Oh well too bad habib is good for picking out backwards writing

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i might as well post something like this at LU and see what their reaction is hehe...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Premier Ozzy said:
i might as well post something like this at LU and see what their reaction is hehe...
you might get banned

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
well thats unless they know its april fools

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Damn! Thats a good one. Nice work mate :grinning: I didnt even realise lol.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Its a shame that this is an April fools joke.

Loof would have been a great signing. He has a mean sidestep, is rock solid in defence and pace to burn !. :grinning:

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I watched Loof a few times but he seems to go missing in action quite a lot. LOL

Evelyn2020

Previously sykoticjem
Reaction score
Damn, I was full believing that too. I wanted to try and read it cos I know a bit of Affrikaans, now I feel gullible!!

Christabella

Reaction score
LOL this type of thing would go down better over on the Wall. Loof sounds like the type of player that would fit into the Roosters backline better than our own ... and well you spell his name backwards that just confirms it!

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christabella said:
LOL this type of thing would go down better over on the Wall. Loof sounds like the type of player that would fit into the Roosters backline better than our own ... and well you spell his name backwards that just confirms it!
The Roosters are even bigger fools in October though, they should sign his brother Rebotco!!!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When will he sign with us?

I hope it's soon! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.