Lionel Messi's move from Barcelona to PSG both proof and a result of European football's broken system

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guy is making a million bucks a week and it's not as if he's a fan of paying tax.

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's okay...wouldn't be upset if we drew them compared to other top sides. I personally don't see them handling the loss of Messi well, fans will turn on them very quickly if they're off too a bad start.
no, Barca won't handle the loss of Messi well, partly because he has been so incredible for them but also, they have not prepared as well as they could and should have for life post-Messi... in fact, they became more and more reliant on him as they lost the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez etc.

even so, I think Ter Stegen is an excellent keeper, Dest and Garcia are good young additions to the backline, Pedri and De Jong can be the centrepiece of one of the best midfields in Europe, Fati can be great, and I might be one of the few fans that believes that Ousmane Dembele could be almost Mbappe like good IF injury free and disciplined

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
no, Barca won't handle the loss of Messi well, partly because he has been so incredible for them but also, they have not prepared as well as they could and should have for life post-Messi... in fact, they became more and more reliant on him as they lost the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez etc.

even so, I think Ter Stegen is an excellent keeper, Dest and Garcia are good young additions to the backline, Pedri and De Jong can be the centrepiece of one of the best midfields in Europe, Fati can be great, and I might be one of the few fans that believes that Ousmane Dembele could be almost Mbappe like good IF injury free and disciplined
Yh they're okay, I just don't see it working out all that well until the next Messi turns up for them. Their fans are going to turn and the players won't handle it imo.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh they're okay, I just don't see it working out all that well until the next Messi turns up for them. Their fans are going to turn and the players won't handle it imo.
in truth, I think they are waiting for their next Pep... they have not really had the leadership at managerial level since perhaps Villanova or Luis Enrique... the managers since, Koeman included, lack the ability and philosophy to galvanise the club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
in truth, I think they are waiting for their next Pep... they have not really had the leadership at managerial level since perhaps Villanova or Luis Enrique... the managers since, Koeman included, lack the ability and philosophy to galvanise the club
You know I couldn't even remember who their manager was until you mentioned it and that's just where they are ATM. Anyway I'll sit back and enjoy for the time being while I wait for Liverpool to announce our next 16 year old kid we've signed :tearsofjoy:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is earmarked that Xavi Hernandez will come back to the club to manage in 1-2 years time and we can judge then

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ter Stegen, Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Umtiti, Garcia, Alba, De Jong, Busquets, Pedri, Coutinho, Fati, Griezmann, Dembele, Depay, Aguero etc. --> Barca still have a very good squad IF they can sort out their finances
Shame their coach is average

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it is earmarked that Xavi Hernandez will come back to the club to manage in 1-2 years time and we can judge then
Isn't he living it up in Doha "winning" lotteries lol. As if you'd leave that haha.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Have a fucking cry. Sucked shit to barca they have been mismanaged for years and this is the result bad luck.

also teams spending 100m on players don’t they under stand they spread these costs out over the contract period.