Lino signs with the Bulldogs

Clever Trevor

Waterboy
Reaction score
Western Clydesdales’ centre and enforcer Melino ‘Lino’ Fineanganofo, 24 has been signed with the affiliate NRL club the Canterbury Bulldogs.

In the fast-paced world of professional sports, few tales captivate the imagination quite like that of an underdog rising against all odds.

In a stunning turn of events, Lino, the humble and hard-hitting centre signed with the Bulldogs after a self-imposed hiatus from the game.

“It is always an aspiration and dream for any of us playing rugby league and it was definitely a goal to be noticed but I didn’t think anything would come out of playing for the Clydesdales until later in the season,” Lino said.

“So it has happened quicker than I thought and I know it would never have been possible with the support, guidance and belief from Jason (Jason Alchin – head coach at Clydesdales) and his wife Sheree and family.

“Jason really believed in me which is how I have ended up back playing and playing with the Clydesdales.

“I fell in love the with game again and really am enjoying playing up here with the Clydesdales.”

Lino has been named in the Queensland Rugby Leagues’ Hostplus Cup Team of the Week four times in a row this until a broken finger put him out of last two clashes. He will return this weekend when the Clydesdales play Souths Magpies at Clive Berghofer Stadium on Sunday 28 May at 2pm.

Just a few years ago, this talented player found himself at a crossroads in his life. Wrestling with personal challenges, he made the difficult decision to step away from the game he loved to focus on his well-being and address the hurdles that stood in his path.

While some may have seen this as the end of his football career, little did they know that it was merely the beginning of an extraordinary comeback.

In times of adversity, true champions rise to the occasion. For Lino, he never lost sight of his dreams and worked relentlessly during the off-season determined to regain his form and fitness, he poured his heart and soul into rigorous training sessions, both physical and mental.

Lino met the news of the signing with the Bulldogs with a quiet sense of gratitude and humility. Aware that nothing is guaranteed until he steps onto the field, he remains grounded and focused, determined to prove his worth through his actions rather than empty words.

“The real work starts now. I will move to Sydney to start the Bulldogs pre-season in November in the top 30 squad and will see what happens from there,” he said.

As he laces up his boots once again, this player's story encourages us to never give up on our dreams.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think it probably means burns, Casey are gone. Okonbor no longer viewed a back thank fuck.

People forget we let go schoup too? Few depth backs isn’t the world.

We don’t need depth forwards we need starters and even bench

I’m ok with no name backs. With critta, Jac, kiraz and 2 of xerri, averilo and alomiti we are comfortable with some decent depth hopefully in these 2 recent signings. Much rather than Casey and oks.

Outside of kikau Preston tpj and king there isn’t a quality forward.

There’s some good kids with promise in edwards Morrin topine pele etc. though we need some elite and even below elite level additions.

I’d say thompsons gone. Waddle is shit. Oks is depth for me. Rfm is not what he was. Not even close.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going by his qcup stats he has issues with his defence.. missed almost as many tackles as he makes

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

our top 30 centre stocks this year and next are:
Averillo
Alamoti (asshole)
Skelton
Xerri
Ethan Q
Burns
Next year, outside the top 30 joined by this kid?

its very bizarre considering we don’t have a real back up rake if Mahoney gets injured.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Despite how it might feel, we do NOT have a surplus of NRL level outside backs ("NRL level" being the operative phrase). We have Kiraz, Avo, Fox, Chrichton, Wilson and a bunch of Gus' typical low-cost dice roll type signings or players who haven't done enough in NSW Cup to warrant a callup (and Perham, who probably misses out next year).

This also probably means that Alamoti really is on his way out the door. Rumours were he met with the Cowboys. He's young and needs development. Our squad is too young as it is and we probably don't want to wait while half our squad grow into themselves.

From 7 games this year in QLD Cup, Lino has:

4 Tries
6 Try Assists
7 Line Breaks
46 Tackle Breaks

His defence needs work but I'd wager CC reckons he can fix that.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is becoming a joke. Club refuses to recruit forwards