Linkedin

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I log in about once a fortnight/month and scroll along for an hour or so, hitting the like button and dropping the occasional comment. As a professional i'm supposed to be on it, but it all just seems like a massive wank TBH. I have never obtained a client through it, and I doubt many people ever do.

Does anyone else use it? Do they find it useful?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kennel this is it,since rose McGowan got me banned from Twitter

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I log in about once a fortnight/month and scroll along for an hour or so, hitting the like button and dropping the occasional comment. As a professional i'm supposed to be on it, but it all just seems like a massive wank TBH. I have never obtained a client through it, and I doubt many people ever do.

Heaps of business relationships are built via LinkedIn. It’s a portal from person to person, business to business.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

You have to go poaching for your clients on it, not have them find you.

I used it for about 3 months last year while looking for work. I applied for the odd job here and there but the main things is I was head-hunted by recruiters which is what I wanted - build a rapport with them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to go poaching for your clients on it, not have them find you.

I used it for about 3 months last year while looking for work. I applied for the odd job here and there but the main things is I was head-hunted by recruiters which is what I wanted - build a rapport with them.
one of the problems for me, is that you get so many requests from bloody recruiters.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heaps of business relationships are built via LinkedIn. It’s a portal from person to person, business to business.
I know what it's supposed to be - but i'm seriously questioning whether any REAL work comes from it, or whether we actually learn or grow professionally from it. Only benefit I can see is that its useful to keep up to date contact details, which makes all the other reposting of articles, self congratulatory videos etc, of little or no use at all.

One thing I am noting is that people are less likely to swap business cards in meetings, and are more likely to "connect" with you after the meeting on Linkedin.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know what it's supposed to be - but i'm seriously questioning whether any REAL work comes from it, or whether we actually learn or grow professionally from it. Only benefit I can see is that its useful to keep up to date contact details, which makes all the other reposting of articles, self congratulatory videos etc, of little or no use at all.

One thing I am noting is that people are less likely to swap business cards in meetings, and are more likely to "connect" with you after the meeting on Linkedin.
Welcome to the digital age my friend. There's some learning modules which are tests that you can do and also videos to watch the really onto come into play for office workers.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I’ve seen start ups link with backers on LinkedIn so yeah work does occur that begins on LinkedIn.

lots of blowarsery as well

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you've got a decent qualifications LinkedIn is very effective.. my sister has employers contacting her all the time on there

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always thought she was the type to get people banned from Twitter.. think it's the hair
She asked people to pay for her " art"show even if they are not going I responded I like going thru the drive thru and pay for a big Mac and not collecting it. Then I may of mentioned Harvey must of fucked the brains out her

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
She asked people to pay for her " art"show even if they are not going I responded I like going thru the drive thru and pay for a big Mac and not collecting it. Then I may of mentioned Harvey must of fucked the brains out her

"may of".... Classic Southy :laughing:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It definitely has its place, even if it's just the fact of showing yourself off to peers and randoms. You should be proud of the time, work, skills and responsibilities you've gained and noted along the years.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The recruiters on LinkedIn are scavengers

lol fair enough.. she (sister) has landed some of the best roles she has had on there so beats hustling if they come to you

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel she would fuck anything that moves, I mean she was getting her back knocked outta her by Marilyn Manson for a few years.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have it, but have read some profiles of people I know and OMFG what a crock of shite. I don't know how anyone could take it seriously.

Changed the backup tape each day = Implemented global data integrity and business continuation operations.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t use it too much, but I get contacted all the time through it by recruiters or pain in the ass vendors trying to organise meetings to flog off their services.

cant complain too much though as my lay 2 roles have been from people hitting me up through LinkedIn

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've found it to be mainly miss. Have the occasional contact on LinkedIn but that's purely from messaging people on LinkedIn and name dropping. The feed itself is just full of self promotional crap