Life Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't even trust the flushable ones...
I used the flushable ones, but really they shouldn't go in the toilet, it takes like 100 years for them to break down.

If you a plumber though it's good as we will keep giving them money to unblock shit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just drop them off at the George's River, the bullsharks do all the work lol

PS Sopranos taught me to cut their hands and their Heads, harder to identify lol
Also would be good to pull the teeth. My sister-in-law is a dentist, so I am sure she would be happy to help me with that. LOL

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also would be good to pull the teeth. My sister-in-law is a dentist, so I am sure she would be happy to help me with that. LOL
Angle grinder to the teeth. If you pull them and they find them all then they can re-construct it. Hit it with an angle grinder and they have no chance. You can also grind off the finger prints and mess up the face. Personally I find that the number 3 grinding disc works best... I mean.. I've heard that it's good.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Angle grinder to the teeth. If you pull them and they find them all then they can re-construct it. Hit it with an angle grinder and they have no chance. You can also grind off the finger prints and mess up the face. Personally I find that the number 3 grinding disc works best... I mean.. I've heard that it's good.
Too much work, couple of swipes with my meat cleaver is quicker, more fun and Messer, but still quicker lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This website is great! It has ALL the tips!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The lady next door had an Air Con technician fixing her AC and she says he told her to hose down the fan box thing (lol) outside on really hot days.

Is this a thing, or is there electrics in the actual unit?

I'm leaning to believing him as they are external and get rained on.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The lady next door had an Air Con technician fixing her AC and she says he told her to hose down the fan box thing (lol) outside on really hot days.

What was his reasoning behind it? I mean I know they're external but they still have electrical components inside where the motor is, you wouldn't want any water on that (same as with a car).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What was his reasoning behind it? I mean I know they're external but they still have electrical components inside where the motor is, you wouldn't want any water on that (same as with a car).
He reckons it puts less stress on the motor as it deals with colder air or something, I guess like the water sprays you find on heavy duty intercoolers.

She is Zee's aunty and English is her second language.

I had a quick look on Dr Google lol and others are reccomending the same.

PS if this is a real thing, can't I just wrap the thing with al-foil? Lol

Sir @Hacky McAxe your assistance is required my good man.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He reckons it puts less stress on the motor as it deals with colder air or something, I guess like the water sprays you find on heavy duty intercoolers.

She is Zee's aunty and English is her second language.

I had a quick look on Dr Google lol and others are reccomending the same.

PS if this is a real thing, can't I just wrap the thing with al-foil? Lol

Sir @Hacky McAxe your assistance is required my good man.
Basically put, moist air condenses easily. That lowers the temperature. The other effect is that it'll flush out the dirt and dust that causes blockages and increases heat.

If you wrap it in foil you'll have the opposite effect. While it will reflect the sun, it'll keep the internal heat in and stop air flow.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have a look at evaporative coolers. They pass air over a body of water. The water acts like a heat sink sucking the heat out of the air so you get cold air coming out the other side.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It might help, but standing out in the heat hosing it down would defeat the purpose of having the aircon on in the first place :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Basically put, moist air condenses easily. That lowers the temperature. The other effect is that it'll flush out the dirt and dust that causes blockages and increases heat.

If you wrap it in foil you'll have the opposite effect. While it will reflect the sun, it'll keep the internal heat in and stop air flow.
I'll just stick to hosing it down every couple of hours lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It might help, but standing out in the heat hosing it down would defeat the purpose of having the aircon on in the first place :grinning:
Maybe it's like an aerial. You need someone to stand out there and hold it at the perfect angle so everyone else can watch TV.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it's like an aerial. You need someone to stand out there and hold it at the perfect angle so everyone else can watch TV.
Imagine that. You draw the short straw to stand there hosing the conditioner, whilst the everyone else is inside relaxing.

Most older units are on the roof, so it would be more of an effort.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have a look at evaporative coolers. They pass air over a body of water. The water acts like a heat sink sucking the heat out of the air so you get cold air coming out the other side.
Something like Homer getting Snowball II to wave a fan with its tail over a giant ice cube?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Thinking logically.. when you turn the AC on the fans on the outside box extract air (blow out) not in.

Based on that hosing it down would make no difference as its not sucking air into the house.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thinking logically.. when you turn the AC on the fans on the outside box extract air (blow out) not in.

Based on that hosing it down would make no difference as its not sucking air into the house.
I tried it and I can't tell you how it worked. I think Hacky hit the nail on the head saying the water cleans the filter.

Plus the box goes from cook top to freezer lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dindutown today...

9am - 32
10am - 35
11am - 1pm - 37
5pm - 31

Looks like today is out too....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So does it work?

Dindutown today...

9am - 32
10am - 35
11am - 1pm - 37
5pm - 31

Looks like today is out too....
Oh lovely ... seen the fore(skin)cast for Wednesday around our area?

MIN 25
MAX 41
70% chance of 5-10 mm of rain in afternoon/evening.

Awesome... another day to hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.