Life Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Here's one for all you coffee drinking-kennelers ;)

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Since i became a father, i use Baby wipes for every damn thing, i even use them to wipe my butt when i'm too lazy to get a new roll - I have to say it's NICE!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
When you park your car, turn the steering wheel around so it's upside down, so then when you come back to your car the heat is on the bottom instead of the top

That's pretty good. I generally don't have that problem with my car though. I try to park it in the shade as much as possible. When impossible I cover it with a towel.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Covering with a towel requires pre-planning, i always forget.
My misses clicks it at me every morning cause i normally leave my lunch on the kitchen bench, then she gets up and puts it back in the fridge

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you get home and ahve no beers/wine in the fridge.

Wet a paper towel and wrap it around the bottle/can and chuck it in the freezer, in 15 minutes it will be ice cold

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When you park your car, turn the steering wheel around so it's upside down, so then when you come back to your car the heat is on the bottom instead of the top

Most modern cars the steering wheel locks when you get out, so can't do that :grinning:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you get home and ahve no beers/wine in the fridge.

Wet a paper towel and wrap it around the bottle/can and chuck it in the freezer, in 15 minutes it will be ice cold
Does it work for plastic bottles as well?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably but it would depend on how much liquid is in the bottle compared to the surface area. You can also make ice a lot quicker by putting water into a steel mixing bowl and leaving it on the bottom of the freezer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you are at supermarket and have issues separating bags for groceries, simply touch one of your frozen/chilled items and then use fingers to separate the bag.

Works a treat!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It'll work on anything, glass is better but plastic will work too.

The best is when the paper towel you wrap around it gets really cold and stiffens up.

then you know you have a really cold drink

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
good way to get rid of bodies

Thanks for that. My old method was that my neighbour goes away for 2 months every year about this time & has 2 vicious dogs who no-one but the owner can feed, so he normally leaves enough food & water for that time for them. My theory was to cut off the head & dump the naked body into the yard & they would take care of the rest. Unfortunately they both died recently of cancer, so this clip will be helpful.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since i became a father, i use Baby wipes for every damn thing, i even use them to wipe my butt when i'm too lazy to get a new roll - I have to say it's NICE!
Just don't flush them down the toilet though. We had a campaign in Canberra because it was blocking pipes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for that. My old method was that my neighbour goes away for 2 months every year about this time & has 2 vicious dogs who no-one but the owner can feed, so he normally leaves enough food & water for that time for them. My theory was to cut off the head & dump the naked body into the yard & they would take care of the rest. Unfortunately they both died recently of cancer, so this clip will be helpful.
I just drop them off at the George's River, the bullsharks do all the work lol

PS Sopranos taught me to cut their hands and their Heads, harder to identify lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just don't flush them down the toilet though. We had a campaign in Canberra because it was blocking pipes.
My next door neighbour did that. Ended up flooding his yard with sewerage.

Status
Not open for further replies.