Life Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wd 40 on scratched timber floors hides a multitude of sins
Speaking of which, any ideas on how to restore parquet flooring suffering from slight liquid damage eating through top coat of finish/polish?

~c.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
good way to get rid of bodies

Ahhh, bricktop.
Fuck, I love that movie.

“If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. And if you ever interrupt me whilst I'm walking, I'll cut your f***ing jacobs off.”

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok..this is more for people who have mobility problems..in particular arms and hands..who use iPad or iPhones.. I found it makes them much more easier to interact with..

You take a plastic knitting needle..entirely up to the person to how thick and long it is (behave!)..tape a stylist at the the bottom of the needle..attach a length of copper wire to the top end of the stylist..by wrapping it around the stylist..than tape it down.. The rest of the copper wire is wrapped around the rest of the needle..all the way to the top..this helps to conduct the ‘electricity’ from your skin (this case lips) down to the stylist..that’s how stylist..and when you touch the screen with your finger..work.. To protect your teeth you can use the ‘putty’ that dentist’s use to make moulds of your teeth..or what ever soft material you like.. I will say your teeth grind down overtime..no matter what you use..but the severity depends on how much you use it..

Now you put it in your mouth..and away you go.. (edit)

This marvellous invention which has enabled me to interact with you guys..the internet..text..and participate in courses online .. It has literally opened my world..was created by my wonderful..beautiful..amazing sister..

C2B82183-ED5E-404E-9E0F-50DD9043C532.jpeg

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok..this is more for people who have mobility problems..in particular arms and hands..who use iPad or iPhones.. I found it makes them much easy to interact with..

You take a plastic knitting needle..entirely up to the person to how thick and long it is (behave!)..tape a stylist at the the bottom of the needle..attach a length of copper wire to the top end of the stylist..by wrapping it around the stylist..than tape it down.. The rest of the copper wire is wrapped around the rest of the needle..all the way to the top..this helps to conduct the ‘electricity’ from your skin (this case lips) down to the stylist..that’s how stylist..and when you touch the screen with your finger..work.. To protect your teeth you can use the ‘putty’ that dentist’s use to make moulds of your teeth..or what ever soft material you like.. I will say your teeth grind down overtime..no matter what you use..but the severity depends on how much you use it..

This marvellous invention which has enabled me to interact with you guys..the internet..text..and participate in courses online .. It has literally opened my world..was created by my wonderful..beautiful..amazing sister..

View attachment 4220
Love it
very creative.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it
very creative.
Works a treat bro..really does..She picked up some ideas on the net and made it.. The good thing is we showed..and gave..my spinal doctor one..initially for a lady who held just the stylist in her mouth lying down turning her head (we thought how uncomfortable!)..Anyway it ended up in the hands of an Occupational Therapist..who than said he’d make one for a kid with a spinal injury down in Melbourne to see if it would make life easier for him at school..just brilliant!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, any ideas on how to restore parquet flooring suffering from slight liquid damage eating through top coat of finish/polish?

~c.
Hmmm not entirely sure, you could try lightly sanding that little area out and touching up what was previously used on there. That also could make it look worse lol.
Any idea what was used on them ?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm not entirely sure, you could try lightly sanding that little area out and touching up what was previously used on there. That also could make it look worse lol.
Any idea what was used on them ?
Thanks SoH!

It's some cheap-ass environmentally friendly parquet. The entire building is enviro-friendly, and deteriorating fast.
Have tried several grades of sand paper from ultra fine, to medium ... and like you guessed, I think it worsens the area.

I'll leave it to pros and/or end of my lease and they can take from my advance/bond.

~c.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks SoH!

It's some cheap-ass environmentally friendly parquet. The entire building is enviro-friendly, and deteriorating fast.
Have tried several grades of sand paper from ultra fine, to medium ... and like you guessed, I think it worsens the area.

I'll leave it to pros and/or end of my lease and they can take from my advance/bond.

~c.
Of before you leave then just buy some cheap floor polish thing and cover the floor in that. Should last long enough to get your bond back

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

~c.
Yep... it's called a rug :D

You'd have to sand the entire area and repolish it (assuming it's genuine wood and not laminate).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Works a treat bro..really does..She picked up some ideas on the net and made it.. The good thing is we showed..and gave..my spinal doctor one..initially for a lady who held just the stylist in her mouth lying down turning her head (we thought how uncomfortable!)..Anyway it ended up in the hands of an Occupational Therapist..who than said he’d make one for a kid with a spinal injury down in Melbourne to see if it would make life easier for him at school..just brilliant!!
She should sell them. $10 each or something. Get a few if the disability organisations onto it and she could be a millionaire.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She should sell them. $10 each or something. Get a few if the disability organisations onto it and she could be a millionaire.
Well..I know exactly what you mean..but we didn’t want to profit off people’s pain..just didn’t feel right..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

~c.
May be a good idea to use a buffer then put a fresh coat down. Similar to waxing your car. When you wax your car and you use a buffer you're actually stripping off a layer of paint or other coating to get rid of scratches. If you don't have a buffer you can get an angle grinder for fairly cheap and get a buff disc for it. Or just hire a standup buffer for a day. That way you can buff the whole floor then re-coat it. Not overly expensive but a little time consuming.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well..I know exactly what you mean..but we didn’t want to profit off people’s pain..just didn’t feel right..
Why couldn't of I ended up with your heart? Heart of a champion!

PS I wouldn't deserve your heart in the first place.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why couldn't of I ended up with your heart? Heart of a champion!

PS I wouldn't deserve your heart in the first place.
Thanks bro..but my sister has more heart than me..

Status
Not open for further replies.