Lichaa's injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just on Cook ... he's played 4 NRL matches (2 with us and 2 with Dragons), and only lost one of those games (with Bulldogs).

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is gone. Hate to say it but yeah hopefully josh is back next week !

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Scans on Monday confirmed the Bulldogs rake will require season-ending surgery on his right leg and ankle after being injured in Sunday's win over Gold Coast.

Lichaa, in his first season with the club, limped from the field in just the fourth minute and failed to return.

"Scans revealed a fracture, and with surgery now required, Lichaa will not be able to recover in time before season's end," the club said in a statement.

Second-rower Josh Jackson filled in at dummy-half against the Titans, however back-up rake Damien Cook is expected to be called into the side for the remainder of the year.

With three rounds to go, last year's grand finalists are in seventh place on the NRL ladder on 26 points, but are fighting with the Dragons (24) and a surging Manly (24) to stay there.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're ****ed, huge hurdle to overcome.

Story of the season.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Who knows Cook might kill it. Is there any positivity anywhere in this place. FMD. Everyone bitches we don't blood enough juniors/lower grade players. Let's give the guy one more chance at least. We've got nothing to lose. He might go really well this time around.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have seen of Cook in first grade, he would not be my first pick replacement.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you would think d cook would step up and think to himself this my chance ... but unfortunately if you don't have the goods then all the optimism and positive thinking will not change
anything ,,, we so desperately need a hooker in the segearyo , luke, style .of play... then I think you would see a different bulldogs outfit we have never really gone after a top line hooker
usually has come within the ranks

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have seen of Cook in first grade, he would not be my first pick replacement.
Yep i agree, i honestly won't be able to have him take the position. If he was good, then des would of had him play when we needed a backup hooker.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we will lose too much in attack as Des only likes good service and the occasional run from dummy half from his hooker but where we will struggle is missing out on Lichha's 60 tackles a game (even more with Tolman injured too). Damien Cook would be the best choice we need crisp service and as we saw yesterday Jackson cant provide that. I think we all might be pleasantly surprised with what Cook comes up with if he's giving the chance and his pace from dummy half could be a good shock weapon.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't miss alot of the offseason
A very important point. With his huge involvment in defence plus giving us go forward from dummy half Lichaa's pre season will determine how he goes in 2016.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Well at least that solves our 3 doesn't go into 2 problem.

Likely that our defence in the middle of the ruck will be weaker though.

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is a great dummy half runner, very fit and very tough. The only concern is the speed of the NRL and his defence in the middle for long periods against the really big boppers.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone in the Kennel must be continuously walking under ladders and stepping on cracks because our luck this year is absolutely ****ed.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cook for me. Why have a back up hooker if you aint going to play him ...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook is very good out of dummy half and is quick however he has two main probs;
1. He can't tackle and
2. He won't last 80 mins in fg at all

des will play Jacko there I bet u and leave 4 plodders on bench

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whoever we pick will do the job, personally Id rather see Cook given first shot though. As I said though from here on in it doesnt matter who plays we've got this.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook will be named there and Jackson will play there
cant see cook making 50 plus tackles let alone making one on the burgess freaks

Status
Not open for further replies.