Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just read it on bulldogs site he's out for the year

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
wow. Thats a burn job.

Could we play Josh Reynolds hooker and keep Moses and Trent in the halves??

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook must start at hooker.

either Mbye or Reynolds on the bench to rotate with Cook. (When Reynolds returns)

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop Loud Parrot and take 2 hookers into the finals?

I may be wrong but haven't all the recent Premiers carried 2 hookers?
Perret will be dropped once tolmans back i think we would have to drop browne if cook sets the world on fire

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we should move hodko to hooker once grub comes back he is the best defensively and he can pass and maybe even kick out of dummy half or we can go with the under 10s strategy of who ever is near the ball goes dummy half and not play with a hooker

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
at least we still have 3 games to sort our shiit before the finals.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why not? Its his natural position??? We arent going to put Damien Cook in for the remainder of the season.
Hooker is not Reynolds natural position ffs, he is terrible there, his service is absolutely rubbish. Cook is our only other genuine hooker, he has played there all season and he must be picked. Reynolds shouldn't even come back into the starting side.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, what a real blow that is. Our group was discussing this at the game yesterday and said that maybe Des should have not played Lichaa and used Cook instead, although this injury is a new one. What is it with hookers for us, last two years once into the semis and now attempting to play semi final footy. Let's see how we respond to this, we can only play the players we have fit and well ,so no use crying over spilt milk.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
whats the bet lichaa is still named this week LOL in typical des fashion ....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Massive loss to be without Lichaa for the remainder of the year. It feels like we are cursed, while other clubs go almost full seasons without any major injuries to speak of.

Nevertheless we have to deal with it and my thoughts are these:

1. Hodkinson is the best defender when it comes to making decisions and executing effective tackles. However I doubt his ability to play a full 80 minutes doing nothing but making 50 tackles and giving service out of dummy half.
2. Mbye hasn't performed well in the 9 previously and you lose his wide passing game if he goes into dummy half.
3. Reynolds is erratic.
4. Cook is largely untested.

I think the best outcome is to leave Hodkinson and Mbye in the #7 and #6. Test Cook against Souths and the following week. If he has the ability to play 80 mins and be solid, then stay with him for the finals.

There is still a decision to be made when Reynolds comes back, whether Des drops Mbye and puts Reynolds in 6, or sticks Josh back into 6, or goes with a hybrid and plays one off the bench.

I think this injury may force Des into playing three forwards and a utility (i.e Cook in 9 and Reynolds or Mbye on the bench).

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't miss alot of the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.