Lichaa to meet with Canterbury officials this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They sent him off then supposedly asked him to wait before signing elsewhere, it has become murky and unnecessarily....
It certainly is interesting if all true

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They sent him off then supposedly asked him to wait before signing elsewhere, it has become murky and unnecessarily....
It certainly is interesting if all true
While I don't care that much if he stays or goes, I don't think it will make any difference what happened in the last few weeks when it comes to R1 2018 if he stays. A few of us might remember what happened but most won't. It will just be business as usual - although hopefully with a different approach when on the field.

Reactions: DT

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. BMoz (or Carr/Abbey)
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Klemmer

14. Brown
15. Eastwood
16. Taulau
17. Fualalo

SOLID!
I would move Tolman to lock and klemmer in the front row. Also Eastwood can go for Saunders.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So by your rationale, Cleeland is a better footballer than Lee. I can't agree with that at this point in time and Lee is 4 years younger than Cleeland. The problem for Cleeland is that he is a right side half, same as Reynolds (now gone) and same as Mbye. Moving Mbye to FB means either Hoppa or Lee drop out of team and both are twice the player that Cleeland is. Frawley already has lost his place for next year at this stage and currently he is ahead of Cleeland as well. It's the same problem we have had with our forwards. Too many like players in key roles and not enough in others. We need to get better balance not worse.
Sorry Oatley, I don't agree re Lee. I wanted him to be better but his defence is woeful and a problem for mine. His attack is good, but too costly in defence and any good attacking side will always exploit that.
I don't know how I feel about Hoppa.... he's a decent 1st grader and should be in the team but nowhere near dynamic enough for a modern day fullback on a consistent basis. I honestly think that. He's not fast enough, he can be great in defence but can also lapse or basically pull out also. He's ok, don't get me wrong, but we need an explosive player or great ball player there and he is t either.
Just my thoughts...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa will not stay here if Supercoach is still here. I suspect he may know something we all don't know. I hope he is right.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what will come first? Lichaa staying then Des sacked or the other way round?

If they announce that Lichaa re-signs first then surely Des is sacked?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

You'd think so given that Lichaa ignored Des for the last 3 games of the season and bad-mouthed him as well.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a big difference though between Des saying yes I want "this bloke" because he fits in with my plans, make it happen and him sitting down with the abacus and calculating how to structure the actual deal. That would be done by the CEO and her off sider whoever that is that has day to day management of the cap related issues. Des (or any other coach) couldn't give a flying fig about how much a player gets or when he gets it. He just wants him on the paddock doing what he needs him to do. All this rubbish about Des backending contracts is just that. I find it hilarious that people come on here saying that Des got knocked back in a request to the board for wrestling shoes that would've cost maybe $5k but he has complete control over the timing of a $7.2m salary cap!
I don't expect Hasler to know the nuts and bolts of every deal but I'm pretty sure he makes the call on how much players are worth (within a range) and what they should be paid, how it is structured is another thing and yes that would be someone behind the scenes. But I wouldn't like to think some nameless back office staff member was making calls on what to pay players and I don't believe that's the case at all.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
so we farewell him and he still wants to stay? wow
either theres no other offers on the table or Des is as good as gone (so it keeps being reported, within the week!)

when is our season review taking place? or are we just delaying because we haven't sorted out incoming coach as yet?

mind baffling decisions by the club

actually feel sorry for Lichaa
read the delay was because we have no ceo till december and they working how to do it without one

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
read the delay was because we have no ceo till december and they working how to do it without one

EASY!!!!

Here are 3 suggestions.....

Option 1.....
download (1).jpg

Option 2.....
download (2).jpg

Option 3......
images (56).jpg

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well? has Michael had his meeting with Club officials yet?? tomorrows Friday!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

That's how I see it. Only way to prove that wrong is if Lichaa signs with a other club before the cancer gets cut out.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So by your rationale, Cleeland is a better footballer than Lee. I can't agree with that at this point in time and Lee is 4 years younger than Cleeland. The problem for Cleeland is that he is a right side half, same as Reynolds (now gone) and same as Mbye. Moving Mbye to FB means either Hoppa or Lee drop out of team and both are twice the player that Cleeland is. Frawley already has lost his place for next year at this stage and currently he is ahead of Cleeland as well. It's the same problem we have had with our forwards. Too many like players in key roles and not enough in others. We need to get better balance not worse.
Based on watching a few games of Cleeland, the kid shits over Frawley and Mbye put together. He has speed, he has a footballers instinct, he can kick, pass, setup tries and not afraid to go himselt and csn score tries out of nothing. With Foran at half controlling the ruck, i personally would be excited to see how Cleeland goes.
Therefore would give Mbye a shot at FB and would put Lee in centre ahead of Hoppa. We wont win comp next year no matter who is coach. But i believe its perfect time to get these youngsters in and set up for the future. Combined with Lichaa continuing his running game next year and i honestly can sre light at the end of the tunnel..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Much like the chicken and the egg argument it seems.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a big difference though between Des saying yes I want "this bloke" because he fits in with my plans, make it happen and him sitting down with the abacus and calculating how to structure the actual deal. That would be done by the CEO and her off sider whoever that is that has day to day management of the cap related issues. Des (or any other coach) couldn't give a flying fig about how much a player gets or when he gets it. He just wants him on the paddock doing what he needs him to do. All this rubbish about Des backending contracts is just that. I find it hilarious that people come on here saying that Des got knocked back in a request to the board for wrestling shoes that would've cost maybe $5k but he has complete control over the timing of a $7.2m salary cap!
You don't think it's a coincidence that both Canterbury & Manly had problems with back ended contracts when Hasler was there?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You don't think it's a coincidence that both Canterbury & Manly had problems with back ended contracts when Hasler was there?
I doubt anyone thinks its a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.