Opinion Lewis to play lock

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay would be digging his own grave by doing that... essentially it would push Lewis away to Brisbane

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis will never play lock. However, I believe that Cogger is a better player than he is given credit for.
He would be an ideal replacement for Lichaa if he doesnt shape up.

Reactions: DT

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need new ideas no doubt about it but moving our only form half seems a bit radical. That being said I have no idea on the talent of these new blokes so it's Pay's decision and his neck on the line.

P.S His Uncle was a very handy Lock.
Yeh and Wally was also about 20kg heavier.

Like others have said moving last years best half out of the halves wouldnt make sense

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis biggest strength is his attitude and effort levels and it seems to bring out better performances from those around him - he needs to be in the team. I thought Cogger went ok in the trial but he would be behind lewis in the pecking order. Lewis, despite being a very good defender he is not a lock.The other encouraging thing about Lewis is he has continually improved the higher the level of grade.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven’t been on here much lately so apologies if this has been discussed but it is looking like Cogger will start at half, Foran rightfully back at five eighth which mean Lewis may be lock, which i think will be a great move. He hits as hard as anyone and can cop the knocks of a forward but also allows us to have a triple threat type approach around the halves area. This may also explain why Rhyse Martin may be moved around a bit to fit in.
I would be very happy if this does happen.
Not sure what others think
Thanks for the suggestion DES........... now go back and destroy Manly again.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh and Wally was also about 20kg heavier.

Like others have said moving last years best half out of the halves wouldnt make sense
Wally was stockier but no where near 20kg heavier. Lachlan is far taller and will put weight on with age. I don't see him playing lock however.
  • Lachlan Lewis - Height: 1.91 m Weight: 90 kg
  • Wally Lewis - Height: 1.82m Weight: 95kg

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No chance if that was the case deano would of trialed Lewis there

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lewis and Foz are absolutely the first choice halves for our team.
Cogger will bide time in ISP until he is needed to cover half or hooker due to injuries, suspensions or poor form.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wally was stockier but no where near 20kg heavier. Lachlan is far taller and will put weight on with age. I don't see him playing lock however.
  • Lachlan Lewis - Height: 1.91 m Weight: 90 kg
  • Wally Lewis - Height: 1.82m Weight: 95kg
Lol. I guess Wally just looks 20kg heavier.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger just got a run in the trial so Pay could check him out, sounds like he went ok but he wont replace Lewis.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. I guess Wally just looks 20kg heavier.
Wally would be a big five eighth even by today's standard and he would still kill it. Man I just wish Lachlan could replicate a little of Wally's brutish running game.

Last edited:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think Coggar is ahead of Lewis in Pay's mind.

With the ball in hand Coggar is better.
But Lewis's kicking game and D is superior.

The fact Coggar defended on the wing in the trial isn't a good look. Was he carrying an injury?

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Des was current coach - possible.
Never under Dean.

Besides - he would need to down a few more kebabs before he would be physically big enough to play lock.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been on here much lately so apologies if this has been discussed but it is looking like Cogger will start at half, Foran rightfully back at five eighth which mean Lewis may be lock, which i think will be a great move. He hits as hard as anyone and can cop the knocks of a forward but also allows us to have a triple threat type approach around the halves area. This may also explain why Rhyse Martin may be moved around a bit to fit in.
I would be very happy if this does happen.
Not sure what others think
LEWIS TO LOCK??????????? - FFS even Brad Arthur isn't that stoopid.
Oops, sorry, yes Arthur would be THAT stoopid.
Hope you're right - will bugger the young bloke completely and give us a chance to hand the spoon over to you lot.
How do some of these coaches get a gig in anything above a Kindergarten Sandpit?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe in a few years time but not in 2019.