Opinion Lewis to play lock

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t been on here much lately so apologies if this has been discussed but it is looking like Cogger will start at half, Foran rightfully back at five eighth which mean Lewis may be lock, which i think will be a great move. He hits as hard as anyone and can cop the knocks of a forward but also allows us to have a triple threat type approach around the halves area. This may also explain why Rhyse Martin may be moved around a bit to fit in.
I would be very happy if this does happen.
Not sure what others think

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What makes you think Cogger is starting...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan of the idea. Unfortunately Cogger will have to sit in ISP until/if needed.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will support the Eels if this is true.

Don’t make me support the Eels Dean. Please.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn't that Marley's genius idea?

Anyway, Lewis is our best half and shouldn't play any other position. Foran will likely break down while Cogger seems average. Lewis looks like our best long term half since Sherwin so we shouldn't be even discussing another position for him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Horrendous idea lol

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t been on here much lately so apologies if this has been discussed but it is looking like Cogger will start at half, Foran rightfully back at five eighth which mean Lewis may be lock, which i think will be a great move. He hits as hard as anyone and can cop the knocks of a forward but also allows us to have a triple threat type approach around the halves area. This may also explain why Rhyse Martin may be moved around a bit to fit in.
Good thinking, however cogger is no more than a link man that catches and passes,doesn't put the body on the line and doesn't threaten the defence....sounds like we will be spreading the ball more and I bet if they go with this that more times that not we will be getting bundled into the touchline

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would anybody move lewis from where he was last year he was the difference to that team. Not a fan in moving him at all

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep lets make our best young prospect go head on with j taumalolo and the likes of. Lets see if we can get him killed, great idea.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We need new ideas no doubt about it but moving our only form half seems a bit radical. That being said I have no idea on the talent of these new blokes so it's Pay's decision and his neck on the line.

P.S His Uncle was a very handy Lock.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Cogger was an up coming super star that needed to be accommodated then maybe but right now he's still ISP standard and it would be crazy to move our most creative player to lock to tackle all day.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously you’ve not been following the pre-season at all, either. This is not happening.

Reactions: DT

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope