Lewis to Fullback

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hear me out,

Most of you are calling for a player who has zero line running ability, post contact metres, leg strength and work rate to play lock because he tackles well 1on1 when a prop runs straight at him????????? or is it that he has great and silky hands that is required as a modern day lock????????? or maybe its the long kicking game all locks have, or maybe its the fact he weighs the same as all locks who have trained there for 10 years in a professional weights system.

Anyway I am calling for him to move fullback as he has all the attributes to succeed:
Quick off the mark
Great backline play ability
Silky and quickfire passing
Ability to beat the first man

AND if that fails

HE is perfect in the centres where defensively he can rush out, cause a horrendous lack of communication and let the blame land on a Polynesian winger that no one likes.

NOW if that fails I mean we could drop him and just not play a player who is clearly so far out of his depth he makes any left wing politician look qualified.

ANYWAY just a thought.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad thought Berries. Not sure he has the cover defence tackling skills a la Les Johns to make a go at fullback, but the dogs basically did the same with Mbye until they finally realised he didn’t fit anywhere (the Magpies now seem to have come to the same inclusion). Personally Meaney is the fullback option of choice. It’s been obvious for years that Hopoate is definitely not a fullback and DWZ was a wasted wing recruitment. But if they keep moving Meaney out of the fullback role then why not chance the arm with Lewis. Bennie Barba wasn’t a fullback until a certain coach decided on the move and what a revelationary master stroke that turned out to be. Well let’s face it. This year is gonsky anyway, so why not.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hear me out,

Most of you are calling for a player who has zero line running ability, post contact metres, leg strength and work rate to play lock because he tackles well 1on1 when a prop runs straight at him????????? or is it that he has great and silky hands that is required as a modern day lock????????? or maybe its the long kicking game all locks have, or maybe its the fact he weighs the same as all locks who have trained there for 10 years in a professional weights system.

Anyway I am calling for him to move fullback as he has all the attributes to succeed:
Quick off the mark

AND if that fails

HE is perfect in the centres where defensively he can rush out, cause a horrendous lack of communication and let the blame land on a Polynesian winger that no one likes.

NOW if that fails I mean we could drop him and just not play a player who is clearly so far out of his depth he makes any left wing politician look qualified.

ANYWAY just a thought.
You had me there for a second but then I smelt the sacasim:tearsofjoy:

Love it, very funny post Berries.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a bad thought Berries. Not sure he has the cover defence tackling skills a la Les Johns to make a go at fullback, but the dogs basically did the same with Mbye until they finally realised he didn’t fit anywhere (the Magpies now seem to have come to the same inclusion). Personally Meaney is the fullback option of choice. It’s been obvious for years that Hopoate is definitely not a fullback and DWZ was a wasted wing recruitment. But if they keep moving Meaney out of the fullback role then why not chance the arm with Lewis. Bennie Barba wasn’t a fullback until a certain coach decided on the move and what a revelationary master stroke that turned out to be. Well let’s face it. This year is gonsky anyway, so why not.
I truly imagine Lewis running the vall back from a deep Reynolds kick and using his spatial awareness and football IQ to draw in the opposing pack and then rip a ball across the face of three players to our booming wingers ( ado Carr not playing pending) and we go on to score a 90m try
Being a mod is nothing to do with it ,lewis to fb is something nasheed would say
but with all your moderator abilities you would realize I am not nasheed as I only moderately like Holland not not adore him like nasheed

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I truly imagine Lewis running the vall back from a deep Reynolds kick and using his spatial awareness and football IQ to draw in the opposing pack and then rip a ball across the face of three players to our booming wingers ( ado Carr not playing pending) and we go on to score a 90m try

but with all your moderator abilities you would realize I am not nasheed as I only moderately like Holland not not adore him like nasheed
Its a joke champ

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think any coach so fare has got the best from him (apart from his defence)
It will be interesting to see what Barret will do with him.
Barrett will do the right thing and do what Pay and SG should have done long time ago...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear me out,

Quick off the mark

AND if that fails

ANYWAY just a thought.
Keep it up Berries, I only troll for entertainment, I live alone and don't go out much due to the pandemic

Malla

Reaction score
Barrett will do the right thing and do what Pay and SG should have done long time ago...
This

Will take half a training session for Baz to realize Lachlan Lewis is a dead shit lol.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is way and I mean WAY too slow to be playing at fullback!!!!!!
Quick off the mark my ass!!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when the roosters put Braith Anasta at Fullback.... that was a nightmare for him and it would be worse for Lewis!