1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Best Posts in Thread: Lewis or Cogger ? Lichaa no longer required

1. bradtalo

bradtalo Kennel Regular

Felt a bit sorry for Cogger sitting on the bench for the whole game after he's played so well the last few games. I was really surprised Pay picked Lewis ahead of him actually. In attack we'd definitely be better with Cogger and Foran in the halves but we also really need Lewis' defence. He makes a big difference in that area and can save tries. I hope in future we can try him at hooker, or lock. He needs a roving role to be able to cover both sides of the field. At lease JMK showed tonight there's no need to play Lichaa for any part of a game so that saves one bench spot. I don't know why it too so long for Pay to realise.
    Foran adds so much when he plays. I can understand those who want him gone but unless we can sign Munster or Keary there's not really any better replacements. If we make the semis next year I'd rather have Foran in our side in a big game than any one else in his position (other than Munster or Keary)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The_Chimpster

The_Chimpster Kennel Addict

JMK stays at 9, Lichaa stays well away from the side.

Foran 6 cogger 7, put Lewis to lock and rotate with either elliot or Smith from off the bench.

Seems like the best solution imo

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Doomsdaydog

Doomsdaydog Kennel Regular

No contest here

Cogger all the way.....

Lewis has the worst kicking game i have seen along with a non-existent attacking game

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Kennel Immortal

Without Lewis I highly doubt we wouldve kept souffs tryless. You have to recognise his value in a team like ours where the attack is poor

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

I don't necessarily agree in one or the other, I say both. Without Lewis tonight they score but he saved the try. He does that every game he plays. Yes he's a half but he is rock solid and just needs more coaching in the weaker areas. I'm surprised he doesn't aim for more 40/20's with his long kicking game. I think Lewis is destined to be a ball playing lock.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS

Lewis should be on the bench while cogger starts.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN The Bearded Crusader Gilded Premium Member The Kennel's Top Poster

If we don't land Api, what does everyone think of Cogger at 9? Or even Lewis? Future wise I think Wakeham has to be in our spine.

As much as I admire Forans skill, he isn't in our future. Wakeham is. Would like to see a Cogger/Wakeham combo have a run.

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JUNKYARD DOGS

JUNKYARD DOGS Kennel Immortal

Our forwards going forward may help

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

Cogger way better than lewis ,lewis is an amazing defender but awful with the ball in hand

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. hackenbush

hackenbush Kennel Participant

Cogger & Foran basically play the same game. With both on the field, one would have to play a more traditional half role & both would not be as effective. How I see it for this year & next, Foran or Cogger & Lewis or Wakeham. Excluding Foran, all three have great potential but how do you manage all three? Exciting times ahead

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bowleggedwog

bowleggedwog wogdog

Pre season is going to be massive next year. Player /skill development is going to be the make or break for Pay. Can't keep waiting until round 18 before the team hits its stride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

Cogger far better, Lewis is way overhyped of the back of his strong defence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Doomsdaydog

Doomsdaydog Kennel Regular

atta boy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1