News Lewis optimistic after going to 'dark place'

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is optimistic, what about TK, how do we feel hearing that it sounds like Barrett is planning to work with him? We've pretty much written him off, but is he improving, can he be a real first grader one day?
I actually think he has pretty good these past weeks. He has still made some errors, but he is mixing it up a lot more and has had a few nice try assists
If Lewis can become a decent attacking half then we will be much better for because he is such a good defender. If after an off season with Baz he comes back a well polished attacking half, then it will be fantastic!

Reactions: J_B

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love to see how he goes next year when Barrett takes over I think it that will indicate either he would be good or shit .

Reactions: DT

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is not a ball player

Lewis does not have any explosive power

Lewis does not possess any leg drive

Lewis is not light on his feet. He runs like he is running through quicksand.

Lewis does not have an offload.

Lewis does not have any attributes whatsoever to play at lock, or anywhere on the field for that matter.

Hopefully Barrett advises Lewie that his future is at Mal Meninga's fruit shop as a fruit shop assistant
He does an awesomely accurate kicking game .. he gets the ball within a metre of the opposing fullback or winger every time he kicks ..saves them having move at all

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry boys, Been out of action, was rushed to A&E at 2am with most excruciating pain I’ve ever experienced, Turns out I have kidney stones. Strongest pain killers don’t help. Don’t wish this apron my worst enemy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis has been pretty good last few weeks and I’m not a fan of his (obviously)

His game on the weekend by his standards was prob his best in a year

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lewis loves to talk hiself up, shame his actions on the field cant match his inflated ego, lewis is a dud, even the kids playing park footy wouldn't give lewis a go, hes only getting this many chances due to his name

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry boys, Been out of action, was rushed to A&E at 2am with most excruciating pain I’ve ever experienced, Turns out I have kidney stones. Strongest pain killers don’t help. Don’t wish this apron my worst enemy.
Almost as painful as watching Lewis lol

All jokes aside, I wish you nothing but the best and a speedy recovery my brother.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some Goss from a person who is VERY close to DWZ.

Of course if needed I'll inform admin who the source is.
Thanks for the goss Assassin. Everything you said makes perfect sense
Do you know why the muppets on the board would be dictating the team to the coach.. And more importantly, why Lewis? Is he blackmailing them? Or is it because they panic re-signed them so they need him playing FG so they don't look like morons.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously just Wow , wow.
way to throw pay under the bus “first time coach”
reminds me of the crap he said at start of the season when wakeham was to partner him round 1

article reminds me of lichaa commentary on the last 3 years of des reign , we saw how they turned out the following year

he did not play well , he just did some woto straight after Foran tore parra to shreds and even a turd will get a pass on the mark every so often .

anyway , they are playing just like last year and year before , can’t make the 8 coming last and teams taking it easy and they taking advantage of situation .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you know why the muppets on the board would be dictating the team to the coach.. And more importantly, why Lewis? Is he blackmailing them? Or is it because they panic re-signed them so they need him playing FG so they don't look like morons.
Well the source is from DWZ's side and I doubt he would know about the board.

I'm guessing they want him playing to save themselves looking like bigger morons than they are.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to laugh when it said he lacked self belief. He certainly doesn't have a large skill set so he must have self belief to keep pushing on in the game, living off his uncle's name.

Overall looks like SG will persist with him and he's in Barrett's plans which isn't great. Everything crossed we can get Burton or someone else decent.
Goodness you have no idea and obviously no memory. Lewis was dynamic when he first hit the FG squad back end of 2018. He had so much time, he kicks well, can pass both sides, his defence is strong and he tries his guts out. In other words he has the requisite skill set.
Of course more passes finding the player and the support being in the right place at the right time ....which is the coaches role not Lewis's....and getting him to take the line on more himself... are things Barrett will work on.
I'm excited for the Prince of Belmore continued development next year under our new coach.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
You seriously need a couple nights in nut house with some others ... bunch of myth busters here aye