News Lewis optimistic after going to 'dark place'

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He zig zagged allover the place not knowing what he was gunna do, so neither did the Eels.
Which was good because he made meters.
Looked a bit more confident anyway, on the improve.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen you blokes, pull your heads in. TBaz is a Lachy fan and called him to discuss tactics and the future.

Trent seems to be a very forward thinking new age coach. You guys have convinced me to support Trents arrival, so I am.

#TrentLachy2021andbeyond!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen you blokes, pull your heads in. TBaz is a Lachy fan and called him to discuss tactics and the future.

Trent seems to be a very forward thinking new age coach. You guys have convinced me to support Trents arrival,

#TrentLachy2021andbeyond

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he lacks the fundamental natural skill and ability to be a half. All the Cronk-like extra training and coaching in the world won't get him where he needs to be.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be interested to see what Baz can do with lewis. Lewis has problems in his game i cant wait for Baz to arrive to be honest to see what he can do with the team.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its interesting that Barrett has rang Lewis,Elliot,CHN but not to Foran!
No, he Texted Foran and told him to "start packing"
And Foran replied " do you want me to pack Training Shirt or my track suit ?
and Trent replied " I don't care as long as your gone when I get There"

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After going to a "dark place" earlier this year, Lachlan Lewis is optimistic again and credits interim Bulldogs coach Steve Georgallis with unlocking his attack.

Lacking self-belief, the halfback struggled when Dean Pay dropped him for Brandon Wakeham in round six. With no reserve grade competition to fall back on, his "outlet" was taken away.

"I was lucky enough to have a few people around me give me some good advice to turn up each day to try and become better and an opportunity would come - and it did," Lewis told NRL.com.

The 23-year-old has show improvement since being reinstated in the No.7 jersey by Georgallis three weeks ago, producing try assists in the past two games amid a growing partnership with Kieran Foran.

Lewis believes a period in the second half of Sunday's 18-16 loss to heavyweights Parramatta, in which he and Foran combined nicely to set up a left-edge try, was "probably the best we've attacked".

He said working closely with Georgallis, who played most of his 206 premiership matches in the halves, has helped his development.

"Georgie's opened up our attack a bit. We can just look up, we get to play some footy and play what we see," Lewis said.

"He has a structure for us but you never get into trouble for playing footy and it not coming off if there's a chance there.

"Me being young, [I enjoy] that little bit of freedom that I can do a few things without the big pressure of if it doesn't work. But that's one game, let's see if we can do it against the Storm [this Saturday].

"Playing with Foz and us linking when we both came down the left side there and floating ... that's something we can take forward."

Lewis said his relationship with Pay, who was his first NRL coach, "wasn't too bad" but the lack of results began to hurt.

"We weren't doing well and pressure mounts. We're a whole bunch of young players and he was a first-time first-grade coach and we just took it really hard," Lewis said.

Incoming head coach Trent Barrett, who has already reached out to Lewis, will bring a wealth of experience having represented NSW and Australia as a playmaker.

"He gave me a phone call last week just to say, 'Enjoy your footy mate. There's a few things we can work on when I come there'," Lewis said.

"But apart from that it's just let's have a good old crack for this season. I've never had Trent as a coach myself but I've heard some really good things.

"I've heard he did some really good things for Daly [Cherry-Evans] over at Manly [from 2016-18]. That's exciting. I just want to learn. I've only played 30-odd games."

Speaking after the Eels match, Georgallis described Lewis as a "young half learning the game".

"The last three weeks I've been really working hard with him with his end-set options. He's still coming up with the wrong ones; he's learning though," Georgallis said.

"Some of his games, three out of 10 would be the right option. Now it's about seven out of 10 that's the right option. It needs to be 10 out of 10 for us to win games. He's getting better."

Source
My Concern with all this is that apart from Cotric And Thompson we are not hearing of anymore potential signings and now that Barret is ringing a lot of players from this current team, does this mean that we are not going to spend any money and persist with what we have under a new unproven coach ? if so what has happened to the "War Chest "? & where is the new spine we so desperately need ? are we going back to rebuilding again for another 5 years if it doesn't work with Barret ? Why are we hearing nothing from the board and are left to speculate amongst ourselves while we hear of positive player movement from every other team in the NRL.????

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"I was lucky enough to have a few people around me give me some good advice to turn up each day to try and become better and an opportunity would come - and it did," Lewis told NRL.com

Oh so he decided to show up this time

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was truly hoping for Brandon Wakeham to be the next big thing but how bad must our upcoming talent be to keep Lewis in FG? That intercept just setoff 3 tries on our right edge

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Cogger isn't 7 next week SG is fucking cooked

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis needs to get educated and do something else. He ain’t no footballer

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure he will be but only 'cause Lewis will cop 1-2 weeks for the double head high.
Cogger will have a chance to earn back what's rightfully his against the Tigers and Warriors. I hope he plays well enough to earn an extension... If not thats ok so long as he sees the season out and we never see Lewis again.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You guys really thing SG will pick Cogger? Can't see it happening