News Lewis optimistic after going to 'dark place'

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Goodness you have no idea and obviously no memory. Lewis was dynamic when he first hit the FG squad back end of 2018. He had so much time, he kicks well, can pass both sides, his defence is strong and he tries his guts out. In other words he has the requisite skill set.
Of course more passes finding the player and the support being in the right place at the right time ....which is the coaches role not Lewis's....and getting him to take the line on more himself... are things Barrett will work on.
I'm excited for the Prince of Belmore continued development next year under our new coach.
Can pass both sides but not very well

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Articles like this are solely designed to keep us down or the person who thought it was a good idea has zero footballing IQ at all

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to overplay and his passing is what let’s him down, he gets this right I think he’ll be ok. Vision is fine, solid kicking game if we contest the bombs that land 1 metre from goal line 9 times out of 10 we’d have a few more chances.

As for kicking it straight to fullback not much he can do when we’re kicking from within our 40 most times. Hopefully Barrett can work on his passing game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a drop kick analysis. Kid can play footy and has the attitude for it. His no superstar ball player or a hard running forward but his got enough to play first be it many positions on a footy field.. where that is still remains questionable.
The kennel experts have it in for him, and they know more then all of the real experts. Personally I agree with you. He needs a lot of work, but he does have some good fundamentals. With any luck Baz can turn him into a half decent attacking half. Combine with his first rate defense and we have the makings of a good half.
He is signed for next year anyway, so we can only hope.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the only person barret hasn't reached out to is foz, I wonder if he is part of his plans next year

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kennel experts have it in for him, and they know more then all of the real experts. Personally I agree with you. He needs a lot of work, but he does have some good fundamentals. With any luck Baz can turn him into a half decent attacking half. Combine with his first rate defense and we have the makings of a good half.
He is signed for next year anyway, so we can only hope.
Which real experts rate Lewis? Seriously who?
According to Assassin's goss, he was only picked in the team because the board forced him to and even his teammates don't rate him
The number of times the Fox commentary team give it to him over his stupid play is embarrassing.
Ennis (an expert) also said Lewis cant win us a comp playing at 7.
You don't need to be an expert to identify talent - everyone knows Avo and Burton are guns and that Tolman, Montoya and Lewis are crap
I dont understand why some fans are so willing to tolerate mediocrity in our players...we have a half who cant accurately pass the ball to someone who is 2M away. How is that acceptable at FG level? He wouldn't be playing halfback in any other FG side yet he's good enough to play for the Bulldogs

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only gaycunt here is you
Firstly, I wish I was gay. Getting laid would be 1000 times easier. Unfortunately I'm straight :rage:
Secondly Mrs Lewis, being on this forum is not good for your mental health because 99% of fans on here despise your husband (as a player). I know it can be hurtful reading negative things about your lover so it's probably best to occupy your time on Tiktok or some other shit because until your husband is replaced by Burton, most fans will be mean to little Lachlan which I know will upset you so run along Mrs Lewis....go back to slaying some donkeys

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many more attacking raids does Lewis have to kill by throwing a simple pass ten metres behind a player before people realise he isn't any good?

I don't know why we should persist with a half who three seasons into his career still can't execute a basic pass and who has zero attacking ability whatsoever.

If you rush up on Lewis, the play is dead. He doesn't have the footwork, vision or skill to make someone pay for rushing up on him. So since he's so one dimensional and so easy to defend, what does he offer to the team moving forward?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which real experts rate Lewis? Seriously who?
According to Assassin's goss, he was only picked in the team because the board forced him to and even his teammates don't rate him
The number of times the Fox commentary team give it to him over his stupid play is embarrassing.
Ennis (an expert) also said Lewis cant win us a comp playing at 7.
You don't need to be an expert to identify talent - everyone knows Avo and Burton are guns and that Tolman, Montoya and Lewis are crap
I dont understand why some fans are so willing to tolerate mediocrity in our players...we have a half who cant accurately pass the ball to someone who is 2M away. How is that acceptable at FG level? He wouldn't be playing halfback in any other FG side yet he's good enough to play for the Bulldogs
I didnt say any experts said he was an incredible talent. But they do mention the qualities in his game along with his flaws, which is something the kennel experts can't do. They are impartial and express their opinions as such.
I dont think he is a star either, but he is a great defender and has a good long boot on him. People will argue he never finds grass on these long kicks, but that is factually incorrect. In any case, there is no one else in our halves who can kick as far as he does, and given how many mistakes we make, and how often we are locked in our own half, this is an asset to the team, hence his selection.
What am suggesting though, is thT like it or not, lewis is on our books next year, so if by some incredible coaching breakthrough lewis can be trained to be a good attacking half we will benefit massively, because not only will we have a solid attacking half, he will also be the best defensive half in the game.
If you can't grasp my point or just want to keep arguing it, then that's on you. I have shared my views and don't feel the need to have to explain it further. Your also entitled to your opinion.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get your point - I just disagree with it

The only praise I have heard from the experts relates to his 1-on-1 defense. Maybe I'm wrong but I cant ever remember anyone praising any aspect of his attack. They do mention he has "time" when he kicks, but his attacking kicks are ineffective so having time in that regard is useless.

Regarding the defense argument, his 1-on1 defense is fantastic, but in terms of decision making on the try line, he is actually a very bad defender. I cant remember who it was but somebody posted a stat a few weeks ago showing Lewis was ranked 3rd in try causes which completely defeats the whole "good defense" argument. More importantly, a half is not chosen for their defense, they're chosen for their attack. I'd rather have a gun attacking player who cant defend, like Lockyer, rather than the other way round.

As long as he's in a bulldogs jersey I want him to do well, for the team's sake, but unfortunately most of us just don't see what Lewis fans see. When he first debuted I was actually a fan, but as time wore on, it became apparent he's not FG material. Happy to be proven wrong but I'd bet my left nut that Barrett wont be able to do much with him. Hopefully we have Burton here next year otherwise we have to wait until 2022

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goodness you have no idea and obviously no memory. Lewis was dynamic when he first hit the FG squad back end of 2018. He had so much time, he kicks well, can pass both sides, his defence is strong and he tries his guts out. In other words he has the requisite skill set.
Of course more passes finding the player and the support being in the right place at the right time ....which is the coaches role not Lewis's....and getting him to take the line on more himself... are things Barrett will work on.
I'm excited for the Prince of Belmore continued development next year under our new coach.
Your opinions are ridiculous from your sick to the stomach comment, defending Brett Finch, defending Lewis and Pay amongst other things. Please do me a favour and ignore my posts.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can pass he just can't aim it.

He doesnt even look sometimes. At times he reminds me of watching under 6s when they would run with the ball and just fling it over their shoulders lol.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt say any experts said he was an incredible talent. But they do mention the qualities in his game along with his flaws, which is something the kennel experts can't do. They are impartial and express their opinions as such.
I dont think he is a star either, but he is a great defender and has a good long boot on him. People will argue he never finds grass on these long kicks, but that is factually incorrect. In any case, there is no one else in our halves who can kick as far as he does, and given how many mistakes we make, and how often we are locked in our own half, this is an asset to the team, hence his selection.
What am suggesting though, is thT like it or not, lewis is on our books next year, so if by some incredible coaching breakthrough lewis can be trained to be a good attacking half we will benefit massively, because not only will we have a solid attacking half, he will also be the best defensive half in the game.
If you can't grasp my point or just want to keep arguing it, then that's on you. I have shared my views and don't feel the need to have to explain it further. Your also entitled to your opinion.
This best defensive half in the comp stuff is absolute bullshit.
He cant tackle like the wightons, munsters dces etc. Hes too slow to put himself in the best position.
Stop beating this dopey ***** drum. Hes hopeless, fullstop.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This best defensive half in the comp stuff is absolute bullshit.
He cant tackle like the wightons, munsters dces etc. Hes too slow to put himself in the best position.
Stop beating this dopey c*** drum. Hes hopeless, fullstop.
But he made a 1-1 blind sided tackle on Sam Burgess

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trying to overplay and his passing is what let’s him down, he gets this right I think he’ll be ok. Vision is fine, solid kicking game if we contest the bombs that land 1 metre from goal line 9 times out of 10 we’d have a few more chances.

As for kicking it straight to fullback not much he can do when we’re kicking from within our 40 most times. Hopefully Barrett can work on his passing game.
It was noticeable in the Newcastle game that many of the kicks did find the ground, and that was because the ground was very wet, so Ponga and the wingers couldn't get the traction on the surface to get over quick and take the ball on the full.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lewis makes me "sick to my stomach"...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How many more attacking raids does Lewis have to kill by throwing a simple pass ten metres behind a player before people realise he isn't any good?

I don't know why we should persist with a half who three seasons into his career still can't execute a basic pass and who has zero attacking ability whatsoever.

If you rush up on Lewis, the play is dead. He doesn't have the footwork, vision or skill to make someone pay for rushing up on him. So since he's so one dimensional and so easy to defend, what does he offer to the team moving forward?
Disappointed that Georgie is perpetuating this death by a thousand cuts. But he did say he was working on him. Pity the same effort isnt put into Wakeham and Cogger (by the looks of it).