Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our best player that threw a shit forward pass to Flanno who spilt it with the line open, missed a clean tackle onthe Donks winger who scored off the short kick off, and and failed at a never-on miracle pass after he landed on the ground in a tackle that lead to another Donks try. Let alone the usual feet-for-hands moments.

Elliott might be one of our better forwards, doesn't mean he a good forward. He'd be lucky to be benching at any other side.
Mistakes are forgivable... especially late in the game when the result is all but sealed and risky miracle plays are the only thing that can possibly get a team back into the game.

Elliott is a quality first grade player who runs good lines, hits hard and would be a welcome addition to many sides in the comp if they had the cap space. Bellamy has taken on and gotten great results out of many lesser players over the years.
Some of you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

Last edited:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen someone who has as little skill
And ability as this player with the ball in the hand. He is yet to complete a single pass kick or play that would even be graded a 2 out of 10 in two years. Every single moment he holds the football in hand is pure purgatory. The longer we preserve with this muppet the longer this club sits in the bottom 8.
Wally Lewis?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey not gonna read all 50 pages to see if anyone has already commented but did you see this quote in the Terrorgraph

“I’ve been coached by front-rowers most of my life, so having a halfback coaching me I just sit there and listen,” said five-eighth Lachlan Lewis

NRL 2021: Bulldogs players rally behind coach Trent Barrett ahead of Good Friday clash with Souths
Recalled Bulldogs five-eighth Lachlan Lewis says his game has progressed under Trent Barrett’s coaching and he will be out to prove it against South Sydney.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../b188a1acd93f648c6428cbf4de9d2bfb#share-tools

Canterbury’s new-look spine, led by Lachlan Lewis, are out to pull off a Good Friday ambush and prove the club has made more progress under Trent Barrett than their sluggish start to the season may indicate.
Lewis has it all to play for given he’s one of 18 Bulldogs off-contract at season’s end and an ankle injury to Jake Averillo might be just what the Queenslander needs to prove his wares.
Despite the Bulldogs failing to fire a shot in attack over the past two weeks, Lewis believes his game has progressed under Barrett and he’ll be out to show exactly how he’s improved in his head-to-head battle with South Sydney superstar Cody Walker.

“I’ve been coached by front-rowers most of my life, so having a halfback coaching me I just sit there and listen,” said five-eighth Lachlan Lewis.
“I don’t think how the team is going is a reflection of his coaching ability. There’s little nuances in the game where having a halves expertise has really helped.”
Lachlan Lewis will start at five-eighth for the Bulldogs against South Sydney. Picture: Scott Davis/NRL Photos

Lachlan Lewis will start at five-eighth for the Bulldogs against South Sydney. Picture: Scott Davis/NRL Photos
The 24-year old was man-of-the-match for feeder club Mounties in their NSW Cup win over Canberra last week and believes the Bulldogs have what it takes to break down the high-flying Rabbitohs.
With Nick Meaney replacing Corey Allan at fullback and Sione Katoa slotting in at hooker for the injured Jeremy Marshall-King, halfback Kyle Flanagan will be the only member of the spine backing up from last week’s loss to Brisbane.
“I’ve had a few chats with Trent, he just wants me to play my natural game, to kick well and tackle well and bring some energy,” Lewis said.
“I don’t know what I’ll be able to do, but if Souths are presenting anything I’ll be taking it. “We’ve found a few spots we can attack and if we’re good enough we can certainly capitalise on it, so it’ll be up to Kyle and I to march this side around and really test them.”

Barrett is hopeful Lewis’ kicking game and organising skills will ease the pressure on Flanagan and help get the side’s attack moving given they have the fewest points in their first three games of any team since 1992.
Backrower Adam Elliott, one of the few Bulldogs players who has looked dangerous with ball so far this season, stressed the blue and whites were further along than many may believe.
“We just haven’t clicked yet,” Elliott said. “It’s a fairly new outfit for us. Blokes are still trying to work out combinations, not that that’s an excuse but that’s how it’s felt.
“It’s just going to take one real good game for us to click, get a bit of confidence and have that belief in our attack. Hopefully we can just keep building from that and geez it’d be great if it could be Friday’s game.”
Lachlan Lewis has played well for Mounties in the NSW Cup. Picture: Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos

Lachlan Lewis has played well for Mounties in the NSW Cup. Picture: Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos
The Bulldogs have scored the fewest points of any team in their first three games since the 1992 Sharks and have been kept scoreless each of the past two weeks.
Elliott is adamant Barrett had made great strides with the club’s attack, even though the form the side has shown at training is yet to be replicated on game day.
“That’s why Trent was disappointed in our attack because it’s not how we train,” Elliott said.
“He’s a really smart attacking coach and he’s got high standards and expectations as to how we attack. We’ve been training to a high standard and it’s disappointing when you don’t go out and execute that.”
The Good Friday clash is always one of the most anticipated matches of the season but it will take on special significance for Elliott this time around.
Coach Trent Barrett is chasing his first win with the Bulldogs. Picture: Bulldogs Digital

Coach Trent Barrett is chasing his first win with the Bulldogs. Picture: Bulldogs Digital

The 26-year old’s brother, James, will lead the side onto Stadium Australia to raise awareness for World Autism Day.
“It’s pretty special, I’ve been speaking with my family the last couple of days and everyone is so excited,” Elliott said. “The club teed it up with my brother and parents without telling me, they wanted it to be a surprise.
“I know the big fella is pumped. It’ll be great for him to lead us out, it’s something both of us will ever forget.

“He watches our games very closely and it’s been disappointing we haven’t had a win this year because usually when we do he sends through a video for the boys and we watch it in the review.
“He takes the wins and the losses with us, he’s just as much a part of the team as I am.”

NRL 2021: Bulldogs players rally behind coach Trent Barrett ahead of Good Friday clash with Souths | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot is also a very good con man. I watched his presser today about the souths game and he actually convinced me that it's only a matter of time before the team clicks together on the field. I actually think we'll beat souths now because of what Elliot said. I'm getting into false thinking aren't I?
Don't do it to yourself

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think he'd pursue an ESL career after this season. One of the lower clubs would sign him.
Imagine the meltdowns on here if he went to a club over there with a decent forward pack and killed it

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kennel Immortal is given when you have a certain amount of posts you absolute dud
Haha get a grip champ, I mean how is the guy going to waste so much of his time on here if he’s only here for the good times

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when Lewis called Dean Pay "a visionary"?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when lewis got knocked out vs souths and once he went off we started dominating souths

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when lewis got knocked out vs souths and once he went off we started dominating souths
We scored 3 tries before the 25 min mark then Lewis got hit in the 23rd min so not quite facts!

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We scored 4 tries before the 25 min mark then Lewis got hit in the 23rd min so not quite facts!
True I shouldn't let facts get in the way

Screenshot_20210402-134250_League Live.jpg

Lewis got taken off in the 23rd minute and we scored 4 tries before that mark did you say?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not just the halves, the forwards have failed us big time.
Yep the forwards are not giving the halves any momentum and space to work with. In turn the halves are then unable to give the backs any momentum or space to work with.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There was one try before he came off. We were 8-0 in front and then he came off.
Haha Lewis was literally best on ground for that opening 20 or so before he came off and was the main reason we got off to that flying start.

I remember you weirdly trying to run with this same claim last year that him coming off was the reason we won. Clutching hard as usual champ.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha Lewis was literally best on ground for that opening 20 or so before he came off and was the main reason we got off to that flying start.

I remember you weirdly trying to run with this same claim last year that him coming off was the reason we won. Clutching hard as usual champ.
No one gives a fuck how you try to re-write stories Mr "cogger is our future long term half"

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No one gives a fuck how you try to re-write stories Mr "cogger is our future long term half"
At least I own my statements and will admit when I’m wrong, which fortunately for me is very rare. No ducking, hiding or deflecting here.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep the forwards are not giving the halves any momentum and space to work with. In turn the halves are then unable to give the backs any momentum or space to work with.
Exactly. We need bigger and mobile forwards. Ours (bar Jackson, Elliot and Thommo) are not cutting it.