Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw Meaney on weekend Nat. He just seemed so frustrated with players inside him. He hardly got the ball untill he went to fullback then it was on the back foot. He had a few times he had words with Cotric then when he did pass the ball to him he had less than no room.
I’m with you. He’s good with early ball. He may not be a 110kg islander but he plays to his strengths which is speed and agility. Trying to steamroll players wouldn’t be effective at all but doesn’t make him a coward or soft

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many people told us Wakeham was miles around of Lewis. I’ll have faith in Baz for now until Burton arrives. Lewis did have a blinder against an experienced Raiders team in reggies. Lewis/Flanagan might work better together than Averillo/Flanagan, it’s not like it can be any worse.

The first post is still pathetic and over the top. It makes me cringe every time I read it
Agreed, arguably the most overstated headline ever WAFJ.Wakeham has been poor this year and underwhelming generally.
Honestly don't understand the hate for Lewis even if he is average or below average.FWIW i reckon he will go ok in a tough situation on Friday and as some have said probably can't go any worse than we have been so far, plus he deserves a go on form under the new coach.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m with you. He’s good with early ball. He may not be a 110kg islander but he plays to his strengths which is speed and agility. Trying to steamroll players wouldn’t be effective at all but doesn’t make him a coward or soft
i recall one of his first touches against tigers 2 years ago in broken play he was electric and set up one of the tries of the year.
That's his strength and it was like someone shackled this out of his game ever since.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can tackle and very well. At this point its all I care about. Doory needs a start also.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy Lewis is back. Averillo & Wakeham have both been underwhelming and their defense is not NRL standard. Flanno is our batman so let him run the show and let Lewis pop up every now and then but , at the same time, shore up our defense. Lewis, despite all his shortcomings, has a dig everytime he wears our jersey which is better than 75% of our current run on 17.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least his defence Holds up. Let’s see how he goes.!!!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand the negativity in here. With our forwards being so ineffective you could line up the Kangaroo backline behind these blokes and they'd all look like park players at best.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
can't believe I am writing this but its the right move from baz he has to stem the bleeding defensively and lewis will help that but fuck me it just shows how bad things are that bringing lewis back into the side is a positive move

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can't believe I am writing this but its the right move from baz he has to stem the bleeding defensively and lewis will help that but fuck me it just shows how bad things are that bringing lewis back into the side is a positive move
A lot of that team that Lewis was having a blinder against wouldve walked into your NRL side. Take how you will, its a plus to me. Fuck I hated watching him last year but he killed it last game.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he has to be a play maker.
Today he had an accidental try, near crapped himself. Actually beat a tackle, probably first one of the year.
When has he put a runner into a gap?
Last minutes with players lined to the right he kicks for himself straight to 5 or 6 defenders. FMD.
I admire him for his head on defence, although he gets stepped easily, but unfortunately he Lachie has no vision.
He would make a great CCC captain for the Mounties next year.
Swapping a bloke that doesnt run for a bloke that doesnt run with a boot and the half he will be playing with so far has no vision either!

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis played a lot better with experience around him. When the Morris twins were around his game was good. The team needs time to gel and Lewis has to be in there be it half or lock. Defence wins matches and he is that. The rest will come with time if they can maintain a good team and not chop and change. They need leadership, confidence and team spirit which is currently missing.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its a good move from Baz. His got nothing to lose except another game and against an in form souths we will be struggling. Lewis will improve our defence, fingers crossed with our attack

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know which part of his "defence" excites people the most? When he runs out of the line leaving gaps both sides, his horrendous lateral movement, his lack of pace to turn and chase, laying on tackled players giving away repeat sets/penalties, or tackling around the legs to allow quick play the balls?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know which part of his "defence" excites people the most? When he runs out of the line leaving gaps both sides, his horrendous lateral movement, his lack of pace to turn and chase, laying on tackled players giving away repeat sets/penalties, or tackling around the legs to allow quick play the balls?
I agree with all of those things but he's there by necessity and at least he shows effort which is something that we need more of at the moment. Last week was unacceptable from a pride/effort standpoint.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with all of those things but he's there by necessity and at least he shows effort which is something that we need more of at the moment. Last week was unacceptable from a pride/effort standpoint.
I know Trent's really over a barrel and doesn't have a lot to choose from. This Lewis defence myth is driving me nuts, I feel like smashing something everytime I read it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope he locks fullback down long term. They way Burton plays we will need a fast fullback sniffing around him as that's what he's been use to in grade with Staines and Laurie.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the criticism of Lewis is harsh. A lot of posters on here just repeat what the village idiot says.
The halves have failed. He had to come into the side. I suspect he may just about find a permanent spot in the team.
Not just the halves, the forwards have failed us big time.