Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That last kick with about 1 min to go was some sort of special play. It was our last chance to score so he decides to put in a 4 metre diddly kick straight to the Titans. Game over. Almost any other option would have been better. A high mid-field bomb, long pass out to someone in a better position, but no, he tries to do a little chip and chase for himself and be a hero.
The little 35 metre punts from about 10 minutes to go were worse. Legit didn’t even test the defense, was terrible game management

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? He has no leg drive, no speed, zero line running ability? Why can’t he just be dropped. He doesn’t have to be in the side anywhere
Yes very true but he doesn't need to be another Mariner, Elliot or even Tolman (though it wouldn't hurt) but on the strength of his defence should give him a spot.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would like to see Lewis under Barrett.
Last year the Cleary was dead average and this year he is amazing.
I hope Barrett can improve Lewis because I don't think he has ever had decent coaching or a real opportunity to improve his game.

Also all this dropping players weekly business has lowered the confidence of individual players and the whole team.
no way man... Cleary is an out and out half, whereas Lewis is a pretender. Also if he's never had a decent coach to get the 'best' out of him then how come he's never humble and thinks he's the man lol

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes very true but he doesn't need to be another Mariner, Elliot or even Tolman (though it wouldn't hurt) but on the strength of his defence should give him a spot.
But he has to be a play maker.
Today he had an accidental try, near crapped himself. Actually beat a tackle, probably first one of the year.
When has he put a runner into a gap?
Last minutes with players lined to the right he kicks for himself straight to 5 or 6 defenders. FMD.
I admire him for his head on defence, although he gets stepped easily, but unfortunately he Lachie has no vision.
He would make a great CCC captain for the Mounties next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well here we go for Twenty twenty One.

The man who has more come backs than Johnny Farnham.

What a putrid time to be a Bulldogs fan
At least we know Burton is coming next year and Khaled Rajab looks like a gun in SG Ball.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well here we go for Twenty twenty One.

The man who has more come backs than Johnny Farnham.

What a putrid time to be a Bulldogs fan
Lewis is the Stephen Bradbury of our halves. He's still getting a run after debuting in 2018 simply because those in front of him keep screwing up.

At least this will be the last season and we have Burton to look forward to. That's like replacing Holdsworth with Thurston.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis is the Stephen Bradbury of our halves. He's still getting a run after debuting in 2018 simply because those in front of him keep screwing up.

At least this will be the last season and we have Burton to look forward to. That's like replacing Holdsworth with Thurston.
Man I would take Holdsworth at the moment haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You'd think he'd pursue an ESL career after this season. One of the lower clubs would sign him.
Wakefield Trinity would love him tbh. The way Lewis loves to throw cut out passes out to the left edge (wayward or not) would bring star winger Tom Johnstone the ball a lot more.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just when you think you will never see Lewis play FG then this happens. You know then Barrett is clutching at straws 3 rounds in. I am honestly very worried about this year if Lewis is our go to man...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as I hate watching Lewis, he had to come into the team this week and I'll hope he plays well. His effort and competitiveness alone is something the team needs more of right now.

If he struggles, it would be no surprise but our halves options are so bad that Baz had no other option. Wakeham amounted to nothing so he's not an option. Maybe Bailey-Odo gets a few games later in the season? At least we have Burton coming next season.