Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s addicted to the contact.

At the end of the day we lost by 6 points to a team tipped by many to win the comp by a flukey ass try. Their so called gun halves weren’t much better.

it was a clunky game..first game of the season with very unsettled buildup/prep

Give the guy a break
I don't death ride the guy, I love the way he gets in there in defense. But he has never shown any ability with the ball in hand.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But tonight Lewis just seemed like he was on a mission to prove he was the man and it backfired as it exposed his limitations even more.

Given it was only Wakeham's fourth game I'll cut him some slack. Hopefully he finds his big boy voice next week and gets at least half the touches. His defence was pretty good though as he was targeted all night by some big dudes.. I love that he's throws his body into tackles and doesn't just half ass it like Moses and most other young, skinny halves.
He needs to. They were both following a game plan too. Lewis is a lot more experienced so probably should’ve taken charge

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to. They were both following a game plan too. Lewis is a lot more experienced so probably should’ve taken charge
All I know is that if Lewis is the dominant half each week, we'll continue to struggle to score.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wonder how long the team can go playing with such effort for no reward till some of them are just mentally drained... it must be so frustrating to put all that effort in only to do nothing with the ball and then turn the ball over cheaply at the end of every set

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the first game give the kid a chance, he will get better!
I thought we showed a lot of heart last night and I am proud of the boys as no one gave us a chance!
Their only try was a fluke, we were the better team all game!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9-Lewis
7-Cogger
6- Wakeham

We need Lewis on the field but NOT in charge of attack.
JMK needs to be our 9!
so dangerous in attack when he runs the ball

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought we showed a lot of heart last night and I am proud of the boys as no one gave us a chance!
He’s had plenty of chances, if we continue to settle for mediocrity, we’ll continue to finish closer to the bottom of the ladder than the top. Trying hard isn’t enough

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s had plenty of chances, if we continue to settle for mediocrity, we’ll continue to finish closer to the bottom of the ladder than the top. Trying hard isn’t enough
Cogger isnt any better!

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It wasn’t a fluke, it came from 2 errors, RFM dropping the ball and then Lewis failing to clean up the grubber

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn’t a fluke, it came from 2 errors, RFM dropping the ball and then Lewis failing to clean up the grubber
exactly they got lucky scoring that try, it wasnt due to our poor defence or any skill on their behalf!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta work on our own grubbers and chase, plenty more to work on.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant agree. Lewis had more touches than anyone in both teams. If you throw in the cover defending he did he was probably man of the match in a losing team. My only process improvement would be to think run more.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gotta work on our own grubbers and chase, plenty more to work on.
Lewis should of worked on his grubbers in the off season - thats what the off season is there for, to work on your weak areas of the game.

Wakeham got one opportunity with a grubber, and he nailed it in the ingoal.

After last nights effort, you can see that the forwards have improved with there fitness tenfold, meaning they have improved over the offseason

Where and what has Lewis improved over the offseason? Every single clearing kick was guided down the adams apple of the parra backs. Trump would of given Lewis the sack this morning after those attempts at bombs. Consistently turning his back and the ball in attack. Shocking ball distribution. Waving his hands in the air like a little girl when he didnt receive the ball.

Looks like the only improvement of his, in the offseason, is that he has mastered the art of "shit talk"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is he our play maker we need. NO
Is Cogger or Wakeham gonna make us better. NO
Is Lewis in our best 17. YES, without a doubt.

we are stuck with him there due to no one else of better quality.

we are in for a long year
We'd like to explore some better options...not just accept that long year

Is he our play maker we need. NO
Is Cogger or Wakeham gonna make us better. NO
Is Lewis in our best 17. YES, without a doubt.

we are stuck with him there due to no one else of better quality.

we are in for a long year

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I cant agree. Lewis had more touches than anyone in both teams. If you throw in the cover defending he did he was probably man of the match in a losing team. My only process improvement would be to think run more.
Have you seen him run, my grandmother would be more of a threat to the defensive line and she died 5 years ago

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he had more touches because he wouldn't let his halves partner near the ball. Maybe if he had less touches we might have offered something in attack