Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This thread degenerates the entire forum. Delete it.
It is what it is. When we have comments like just before where apparently his vision is "Thurston like" then you're going to get threads like this.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on mods, how does this thread still exist??!!! Its such a load of shit, and clearly baitposting!
Even if there was a way to actually quantify who is the worst half ever, there is no way it would be Lewis.
Just close this thread already!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is what it is. When we have comments like just before where apparently his vision is "Thurston like" then you're going to get threads like this.
Thurston like comment is nonsense- we all know that but so is the thread title.
Equally ridiculous.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Kill the thread

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s an opinion thread where the OP has not broken any rules or resorted to personal attacks like several in here. The personal attack posts should
Be cleared up and the thread left to serious discussion among the adults, those who disagree or agree.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thurston like? Are you fucking serious? Bahaha.
Typical knob that just see's the name Thurston and totally reacts as if you basically say he is Thurston. Lol.. Grow up *****.

That dink chip shot out of the bunker and over the top to Meaney when the structured shift play shit itself was clear off the cuff vision and skill, don't agree, in denial, do I care what you think? Not a single fcuk given.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Typical knob that just see's the name Thurston and totally reacts as if you basically say he is Thurston. Lol.. Grow up *****.

That dink chip shot out of the bunker and over the top to Meaney when the structured shift play shit itself was clear off the cuff vision and skill, don't agree, in denial, do I care what you think? Not a single fcuk given.
It is in no shape or form Thurston like, keep sucking off one of the most average halves in the game if it makes you so happy. I've said for a while that his only play is a long ball to the winger, vision is still non existent when it's constantly focused on that exact area time and time again.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is in no shape or form Thurston like, keep sucking off one of the most average halves in the game if it makes you so happy. I've said for a while that his only play is a long ball to the winger, vision is still non existent when it's constantly focused on that exact area time and time again.
I'll jump on this and say while i don't think he's near thurston in terms of ability and execution i do think he has great vision. He is too complacent and sticks to structures and trying to set up for something a play or two later rather than taking chances or playing whats in front. Last night he played what was in front of him and set up 2 tries for Meaney, if he can gain confidence in his own decision making i think the execution will follow and he will improve greatly next year. I've seen it more than few times with Lewis where he takes a decent option but the pass just isn't good enough and things like that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll jump on this and say while i don't think he's near thurston in terms of ability and execution i do think he has great vision. He is too complacent and sticks to structures and trying to set up for something a play or two later rather than taking chances or playing whats in front. Last night he played what was in front of him and set up 2 tries for Meaney, if he can gain confidence in his own decision making i think the execution will follow and he will improve greatly next year. I've seen it more than few times with Lewis where he takes a decent option but the pass just isn't good enough and things like that
I've seen him play for years and his vision has always been lacking and has always relied on looking for an unmarked winger of centre in space. How often have we seen him just throw the ball to the wing without it being on or not even hitting the mark?

His skillset is low, very low for a half. I don't see how you guys can possible claim he has good vision when it's constantly focused on the exact same area all game and neglects so many other areas. CHN is wasted next to him because of how poor Lewis utilises the ball, or what about his shitty inside ball to a flat footed Tolman? Lol c'mon.

He does some good things and I was actually one of the first to call for him to get a shot on here despite people claiming I hate him. I don't hate him, I hate the constant circle jerk over him. Bloke tackled Burgess who has been shit most the year and people carried on like it was the pinnacle of halves play lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly don't start keyboard warlording with me, ill fart all over your face.

Vision out of structure was what I said, wasn't it?? I swear that's what I said... So the kid picks the open man on the edge when the set play breaks down, what's he supposed to do not give it to him? Thankfully he didn't shit himself and lose the ball or pass it into CHN's head.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope during the offseason our halves work on playing on both the left and right side of the ruck.

One important aspect in the game where only the Rorters and Storm excel, is that their entire spine can play left and right side of the ruck

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Vision out of structure was what I said, wasn't it?? I swear that's what I said... So the kid picks the open man on the edge when the set play breaks down, what's he supposed to do not give it to him? Thankfully he didn't shit himself and lose the ball or pass it into CHN's head.
Yes it is what you said and it's ridiculous. Completely unmarked winger from some of the worst defending you will see this season, fuck me if that's Thurston like. Plenty of players in our squad would've been able to spot it. Foz, Hoppa, Cogger, Wakeham just to name a few...fuck Elliott probably would've spotted it if he was doing his Benji Marshall impersonation at the time.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think rather than delete this Thread it should be pinned to the front page. Every game he plays well next year will be a reminder to the knockers who have no fukin idea!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think this thread is complete shit, but I just spat my VB all over the loungeroom while watching the Ashes and lurking here...
Fucking ROFL....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it is what you said and it's ridiculous. Completely unmarked winger from some of the worst defending you will see this season, fuck me if that's Thurston like. Plenty of players in our squad would've been able to spot it. Foz, Hoppa, Cogger, Wakeham just to name a few...fuck Elliott probably would've spotted it if he was doing his Benji Marshall impersonation at the time.
You need to watch the clip again... Yes it was shit defending, Brisbane's right edge is disgustingly shit but the way the kid dummies, looks up, steps back and dinks it over with head over the ball in the same movement is good freaking skill and vision at NRL level. Dude If you think not than we have completely different opinions, end of story.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You need to watch the clip again... Yes it was shit defending, Brisbane's right edge is disgustingly shit but the way the kid dummies, looks up, steps back and dinks it over with head over the ball in the same movement is good freaking skill and vision at NRL level. Dude If you think not than we have completely different opinions, end of story.
And like I said earlier he's constantly focused on that area of the field, that doesn't make it good vision. Yes it was a good play and where the ball needed to go but that's it. There's no need to hype it up because he's thrown far more balls over the sideline, miles behind the player or when the play was simply not on. It's like claiming a striker is world class because he scored a cracker of a goal despite wasting loads of previous chances.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And like I said earlier he's constantly focused on that area of the field, that doesn't make it good vision. Yes it was a good play and where the ball needed to go but that's it. There's no need to hype it up because he's thrown far more balls over the sideline, miles behind the player or when the play was simply not on. It's like claiming a striker is world class because he scored a cracker of a goal despite wasting loads of previous chances.
Clutching. We know his faults, we know his got plenty to work on and may not even make it as a half but that movement deserves plenty of praise. Enjoy the moment bud, enjoy the moment and stop being a negative dick.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no need to hype it up because he's thrown far more balls over the sideline, miles behind the player or when the play was simply not on. It's like claiming a striker is world class because he scored a cracker of a goal despite wasting loads of previous chances.
I'm not trying to take this line out of context but to be fair you also need to consider how long he's been playing first grade. You need to consider his input as a whole , consider what and who he has to work with, consider the poor game plan. Even Thurston with his world class pinpoint kicking last year couldn't get the cowboys outta first gear..

So your concern for Lewis being a shit half is insignificant in the scheme of things.. Our team needs a player with the vision, the cognitive skill, the energy , the strength and enthusiasm that Lewis brings.. Nobody cares about a world class halfback