Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played well today and didn't do anything special. Had a solid game. Still not good enough for FG in my opinion.
What is it you look for in a football player anyways??

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Even IF you overlooked his obvious talent I would give him a run just based on his pedigree. Time and time again it has been shown that bloodlines continue on in talent. What's the worst that can happen....we lose all of our games...ohh wait.

Can already see the norm happening though. We don't give him a go and in 2 years time we see him carve it up for another club.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think we’re running out of time, he will get snapped up,, they need to move..don’t think we have seen all this guys talent yet. Smart player
Lewis has alot to learn but he has all the attributes to become one of best players in the game... His not the flashiest, composure needs a bit of work and technique isn't the best but his got the brains, heart, effort and attitude to be up there with the best. Kids tough and needs to be next to Foran who can turn him into a gun.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think we’re running out of time, he will get snapped up,, they need to move..don’t think we have seen all this guys talent yet. Smart player
You have just hit upon one of my biggest fears. in time this kid will be something special and while we drag our feet another club like the Roosters, Broncs or Storm will sweep the rug from under us and steal the kid away.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have just hit upon one of my biggest fears. in time this kid will be something special and while we drag our feet another club like the Roosters, Broncs or Storm will sweep the rug from under us and steal the kid away.
Exactly well said

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even IF you overlooked his obvious talent I would give him a run just based on his pedigree. Time and time again it has been shown that bloodlines continue on in talent. What's the worst that can happen....we lose all of our games...ohh wait.

Can already see the norm happening though. We don't give him a go and in 2 years time we see him carve it up for another club.
So does that mean reimis Smith comes in as well? There are plenty of father/sons/brothers combinations in league that don't measure up and btw Lewis is a nephew not a son of Wally so the 'magic' is further diluted.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just sat down and watched a replay of the ISP game and there were a couple of things to like from the game but that's about it. Workers were very poor defensively but then again it is only second grade and the quality is just not there. Brown was a standout in our spine. He's quick, he likes to score a try and defensively was OK. Interestingly at DH he takes two steps just like Lichaa (and most other DH's take) before passing the ball. Still I think he would be a better option off the bench than Holland. To'omaga played strongly as well. He ran with purpose, has an offload and held the middle pretty well. Where does he fit in though? Again, he is playing well enough to be a benchie and while he doesn't have the class of Eastwood he does have more to offer than Fualolo. I don't think he is anywhere near Klemm and Woods but he might make a 13 which would need Elliott to go to the bench. At worst he could be useful rotation for the tight 3.

I didn't see anything that was "wow" about Lewis or Cleeland to make me think they would be better options than JMK at this stage. Neither did anything wrong but realistically didn't exactly grab the game by the throat and we won by 30!! Priest didn't do much either but its his first game back. Olive didn't do much either. In fact Smith looked better than him today.

IMO, beyond Brown and To'omaga I didn't see anyone knocking on the door.....

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would of started lach Lewis in the 6 or 7 this year before Frawley and jmk .... jmk has butchurd the right side and a lot of other things in the games he is a hooker or maybe lock right now I don't care about the love fest for him should of been bench#17 all this time
We where all over the shit squad and players last year wanted to see fresh young guns have a go with ToOmaga and Lewis and Martin but not one has been included dean pay is a dud or a pussy
If we did lose him to broncos they will turn him into a superstar while he could be doing this for us now
Seems he did choose cogger over him and not seeing Lewis potential so I take it his a dud of a dumb **** with a side of pussy
Looks like Martin and Frawley will be in NRL next week as they were left out of ISP yesterday

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So does that mean reimis Smith comes in as well? There are plenty of father/sons/brothers combinations in league that don't measure up and btw Lewis is a nephew not a son of Wally so the 'magic' is further diluted.
But we need a halfback more, it's not a gamble if we don't lose anything. I know he is a nephew but the force flows strong with the King lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis plays with the attitude reflective of the culture that the club keeps talking and reminiscing about - bit of mongrel and toughness.
He must lack that 'madness' Pay speaks of lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would of started lach Lewis in the 6 or 7 this year before Frawley and jmk .... jmk has butchurd the right side and a lot of other things in the games he is a hooker or maybe lock right now I don't care about the love fest for him should of been bench#17 all this time
We where all over the shit squad and players last year wanted to see fresh young guns have a go with ToOmaga and Lewis and Martin but not one has been included dean pay is a dud or a pussy
If we did lose him to broncos they will turn him into a superstar while he could be doing this for us now
Seems he did choose cogger over him and not seeing Lewis potential so I take it his a dud of a dumb **** with a side of pussy
Move Foran to lock or centre or hell even try get him medically retired if it means keeping Lewis... Would hate to see him go on and kill it elsewhere, especially in Brisbane...
Lets be real we wont threaten for a title anytime soon, so id be happy to see the young boys given a crack

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Need to re-sign him first before he see's the NRL... Last thing we need is his price going up. Make it happen u dix
will be cook 2.0 in that regard... and it will still be Des' fault thanks to our cap the fucker

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets put Lewis in there on that right side what have we to lose. Great defender. Reads the game so good. Put him centre wing who cares just get him in there to stop those tries on our right.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is improving season-by-season. He isn’t too far off debuting in the first team.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is improving season-by-season. He isn’t too far off debuting in the first team.
Yeah i think this is his time. This guy will be a star but i dont think he will wearing the blue and white after this year. Like to see what he can do in nrl. Appart from his defensive qualities has a foitball brain which we seem to be missing at the moment.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His unique, I'll give the kid that. We need to desperately offload Mbye and I think he wants to leave too now.. If he leaves we will have enough money to sure up all the off contract players we want to keep and then have some extra $$ to play with for next yr.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that we have to bite the bullet and that the scavengers are circling but I see such an up side to Lewis that in my opinion he is a must keep. The longer we go without re signing him the greater the chance is that we will lose him. I can envisage the Broncos making a play for him.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that we have to bite the bullet and that the scavengers are circling but I see such an up side to Lewis that in my opinion he is a must keep. The longer we go without re signing him the greater the chance is that we will lose him. I can envisage the Broncos making a play for him.
Well said I’ve always rated him as a player I’d hate to see him leave he needs to be in FG ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.