Lewis has nothing as a half

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Find it funny that so many think that Cogger instantly would have won us the game last night no questions asked. Didn't realise the games he played this year he was our MVP. How many games has he single handedly won us this year out of what 15 -16 or so?
Not saying Lewis is the Messiah but fk me some of you jump on Bandwagons quite easily.
I don't think Cogger would have single handedly won us the game but the when the attack was so clunky I think it would have been worth putting him on to just change things up.

What were doing wasn't working and Cogger has shown in his last few NRL games that he can spark something.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Cogger would have single handedly won us the game but the when the attack was so clunky I think it would have been worth putting him on to just change things up.

What were doing wasn't working and Cogger has shown in his last few NRL games that he can spark something.
Agree 100% mate, but the way some are carrying on he would've set up 4 and scored 2 himself in 20 mins.
He needed to either come on for Foran or have all 3 on at once.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the persistence of a Lewis type player in our defensive structure, would jmk be a better fit when api comes over.
I feel he's a more complete player than Lewis. Defense is good. Has speed and passes that stick. And kicking game is improving. That 40/20 last night was good improvisation.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree 100% mate, but the way some are carrying on he would've set up 4 and scored 2 himself in 20 mins.
He needed to either come on for Foran or have all 3 on at once.
Yeah,i was thinking they should've brought Cogger in for maybe JMK for the last 20, especially with the Cows down on interchanges. Having the 3 halves on at the same time could've created somehing. I'm not saying JMK deserved to be hooked over anyone else, but playing in the more physical position, he might've appreciated the early mark also...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
CHN’s defence isn’t that bad he needs to be dropped with Lewis. I think Cogger defends on the other side from memory but I could be wrong.

Those games at the end of last year were a long time ago now. He has been under a lot more defensive pressure this year and doesn’t have no wear near the time he had last year. I don’t think you can get away with one half having to carry the other one just because they can defend.
Our recent run of wins has coincided with Lewis coming back into the side and solidifying that edge. Our d has been worst in the comp for most of the season smd d is where building a good team starts. That’s all I’m saying.

Lewis was brought back in for a reason....and CHN’s d is definitely very suspect. People happily overlook it because he’s an exciting attacking player.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You leave CHN and he gets better, can be protected all the time. Defence can be taught and improved, attacking play and general awareness as a half... you either have it from a young age or you don't imo
So what? We just settle for being the worst defensive side in the comp while we wait for him to get better? Lewis has things he needs to work on, but his return to the team has coincided with us winning more games and that is no coincidence.

He did some decent things in attack last year and his kicking game was better. He is capable of improvement in attack.

To deliberately weaken our defence would be a big step backwards.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our recent run of wins has coincided with Lewis coming back into the side and solidifying that edge. Our d has been worst in the comp for most of the season smd d is where building a good team starts. That’s all I’m saying.

Lewis was brought back in for a reason....and CHN’s d is definitely very suspect. People happily overlook it because he’s an exciting attacking player.
There has been a improvement in the whole sides defensive effort since round 15 and its a disservice to the team to put this entirely on Lewis. Cogger also played in a half of those games so it wasn't like we were leaking points through him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There has been a improvement in the whole sides defensive effort since round 15 and its a disservice to the team to put this entirely on Lewis. Cogger also played in a half of those games so it wasn't like we were leaking points through him.
I never said it was all about Lewis, but he is playing a huge role and if you take him out the team will suffer. Lewis played alongside Cogger in those genes early in our run. It wasn’t Cogger who was holding things together in an area that was previously a big weakness for us.

Lewis is playing an important role and if he is dropped we’ll need to find a back rower who is much more reliable.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never said it was s snout Lewis, but he is playing a huge role and if you take him out the team will suffer. Lewis posted alongside Cogger in those genes early in our run. It wasn’t Cogger who was gluing things together in an area that was previously a big weakness for us.

Lewis is playing an important role and if he was up be dropped we’d need to find a back rower who is much more reliable.
We take Lewis out and we might not be relying on last ditch defence to keep us in games and cling on by the skin of our teeth to get wins.

A bigger weakness now is our attack and a lot of that falls on Lewis' shoulders. His defence is good but when you are a half it shouldn't be the only think you are selected on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We take Lewis out and we might not be relying on last ditch defence to keep us in games and cling on by the skin of our teeth to get wins.

A bigger weakness now is our attack and a lot of that falls on Lewis' shoulders. His defence is good but when you are a half it shouldn't be the only think you are selected on.
Ok.... so let’s drop CHN and make sure our defence on his edge is solid. Because if we don’t do that, we take a big step backwards. Defence is the building block of all good teams. If CHN plays, Lewis must stay.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok.... so let’s drop CHN snd ndke sure our defence on his edge is solid. Because if we don’t go that, we take a big step backwards. Defence is the building block of all good teams. If CHN plays, Lewis must stay.
Yeah nah I’m not dropping CHN purely because Lewis isn’t there. He’s not a complete basket case defensively without Lewis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So what? We just settle for being the worst defensive side in the comp while we wait for him to get better? Lewis has things he needs to work on, but his return to the team has coincided with us winning more games and that is no coincidence.

He did some decent things in attack last year and his kicking game was better. He is capable of improvement in attack.

To deliberately weaken our defence would be a big step backwards.
Deliberately weakening our attack is a step backwards to...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah nah I’m not dropping CHN purely because Lewis isn’t there. He’s not a complete basket case defensively without Lewis.
Lewis is a big part of the reason we’ve gone from the worst defensive team to one of the better ones. He’s not going anywhere. Nor should he.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is a big part of the reason we’ve gone from the worst defensive team to one of the better ones. He’s not going anywhere. Nor should he.
Fair enough we are going in circles now agree to disagree.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kicks are crap and has no vision and passing game... Next year its Foran and Cogger ...Lewis should be let go..
You've got to be kidding,he is by far one of our best defenders,some of his ball and all tackles has saved us so many tries since his been back in first grade,and he has been taking the line on a bit more recently,he's still learning,and under a good coach will b a future star.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is tough and defends well but I can’t see the skill or potential in him, and I know what I’m looking at
You should definitely try netball,you might find a nice Polynesian heavyweight,that the club can sign

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Deliberately weakening our attack is a step backwards to...
Defence is more important at this stage in the team’s development. If Lewis is so bad for the team, why has his return coincided with our best winning run in years?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding,he is by far one of our best defenders,some of his ball and all tackles has saved us so many tries since his been back in first grade,and he has been taking the line on a bit more recently,he's still learning,and under a good coach will b a future star.
"Star" fucking hell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Defence is more important at this stage in the team’s development. If Lewis is so bad for the team, why has his return coincided with our best winning run in years?
Lewis is a shit half, end of. He could be the best defender in the comp and he would still be a shit half.

Where was his crucial match winning defence at the start of the season??? Can't believe we have people defending this overhyped golden boy, I'd take Reynolds over him every day of the week and we all know how I feel about him