Lewis has nothing as a half

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you guys justify such shit comments? He had a reasonably good game, got some long haul kicks in, made like one error but then rectified it because he's just always in the game.
The guy doesn't deserve the negative comments written about him. He has proven his worth in many try saving moments. He has proven his worth in destroying opposition heavy weights such as Burgess by keeping on top of him.

These comments are unwarranted for a player who is so involved in play and who is just new to playing nrl 5/8 .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you guys justify such shit comments? He had a reasonably good game, got some long haul kicks in, made like one error but then rectified it because he's just always in the game.
The guy doesn't deserve the negative comments written about him. He has proven his worth in many try saving moments. He has proven his worth in destroying opposition heavy weights such as Burgess by keeping on top of him.

These comments are unwarranted for a player who is so involved in play and who is just new to playing nrl 5/8 .
That’s the point, you don’t pick a half 9Now his defence capability’s
Just pick a forward in the 7 if you want a defender
His passing game is horrible and all he does is put up bombs...
I like the kid, but his never going to be a great half

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s the point, you don’t pick a half 9Now his defence capability’s
Just pick a forward in the 7 if you want a defender
His passing game is horrible and all he does is put up bombs...
I like the kid, but his never going to be a great half
Why will be never be a great half? Are you claiming being a great halfback is a position that can't be learnt ? That it's like a DNA trait of something ?

I wouldn't be sticking up for him if I didn't see his commitment to improving. He has been mirroring Foran

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't forget he usually saves at least a try each game. One of the best defenders if not the best in the NRL. Yes I can't understand his kicking down the throat of the fullback all the time but Cogger does the same only Cogger's kicks are less powerful / less distance. I agree Cogger is much better in attack but we need to find Lewis a place in the team somewhere. Wish we could develop him as a hooker. He's got the defence for it already.
He doesn't have a short passing game and limited ability to draw in defenders. He doesn't run. I'd like to find a place for him too but we have so many players already in FG learning their positions....JMK, Meaney, DWZ (to a degree), OK....one more in Lewis is too many.

Would have to be CCup to learn if he is to change positions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Over him now in the halves. Pity we didnt see cogger get a run tonight
If Pay couldn't see a place for him off the bench in 83° heat when Lewis couldn't contribute and Foran was on his last legs....well....just what confidence does the coach show him. Cogger must be a lonely figure sitting on that bench and in the sheds....3 games in a row of the coach not having the ???? to use him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
(83° humidity that the guys were not used to)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I agree he is a good defender but it ends there!

He is our halfback not 5/8

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree. he is the best defender half we have. We win more games when he plays that any other half we have.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Pay couldn't see a place for him off the bench in 83° heat when Lewis couldn't contribute and Foran was on his last legs....well....just what confidence does the coach show him. Cogger must be a lonely figure sitting on that bench and in the sheds....3 games in a row of the coach not having the ???? to use him.
Very unfair on Cogger He should have had a run for at least the last 20

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Wakeham was playing right now he'd open the team right up.

On form Cogger should have never been dropped but I'd still rather Wakeham long term and I think he played well in his two and a half games in FG.

Either way it's obvious to everyone but Pay that Lewis offers nothing but defense and isn't a FG half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Wakeham was playing right now he'd open the team right up.

On form Cogger should have never been dropped but I'd still rather Wakeham long term and I think he played well in his two and a half games in FG.

Either way it's obvious to everyone but Pay that Lewis offers nothing but defense and isn't a FG half.
It isn't obvious to some, so many on here are praising him and claiming he is doing well in attack. I even had someone say he is a very good passer of the ball... Like wtf?!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It isn't obvious to some, so many on here are praising him and claiming he is doing well in attack. I even had someone say he is a very good passer of the ball... Like wtf?!!
Maybe people want him to be good because he's a good dude and great defender? I'll admit after last season I had hopes for him but he's been diabolical in attack this season and holds the team back as much as he helps it in defence.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very unfair on Cogger He should have had a run for at least the last 20
exactly! Pay has little fore vision.. Apart from poor use of resources such as the bench, his decision also lacks maturity in understanding how it affects a players self esteem/confidence. The seasons over pay or didn't you get the memo??? Get a grip and let the young guns have a go too

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, but if we’re going to play Cogger in Lewis’ place, we need to drop CHN. Because his defence is dus and Lewis is helping to hold his edge together.

I still think Lewis can improve.... he did some good things in attack last year.
CHN’s defence isn’t that bad he needs to be dropped with Lewis. I think Cogger defends on the other side from memory but I could be wrong.

Those games at the end of last year were a long time ago now. He has been under a lot more defensive pressure this year and doesn’t have no wear near the time he had last year. I don’t think you can get away with one half having to carry the other one just because they can defend.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, where do I start, If you cant see the skills and potential in Lewis then you should try following the netball. Plenty of girls there like you
Your right i will start following netball. Because im still a better half than lewis. Sign me up.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
exactly! Pay has little fore vision.. Apart from poor use of resources such as the bench, his decision also lacks maturity in understanding how it affects a players self esteem/confidence. The seasons over pay or didn't you get the memo??? Get a grip and let the young guns have a go too
cowboys were shot the last 20. Putting cogger on would off finished them off

Last edited: