Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silly comment ? So Politis didn't re-sign Manu before Nov 1 ?

I never thought the Trbojevic brothers were leaving Manly unless they were unable to afford them of course but I did get a feeling from everything I've read that maybe our board were pinning too big a hope on achieving that and if they were then they were focusing on totally unrealistic targets and that was a warning sign.

What made me believe that we would sign a superstar or more were comments like those below

Apr 2, 2019 - "Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay says his club needs to sign a "franchise player" in the mould of Kalyn Ponga when their salary cap troubles subside in 2021 if success is to return to Belmore"

- along with numerous media articles quoting club management that we were forced to shed players so we could be more active in the player market in near future

Yes I would be happy for the Dogs to offer 900K to a MIL a season to Mitchell (as many others on here would also) to play fullback potentially but definitely no compensation to the Roosters. It just shits me that we definitely need an outside back and both Manu and Mitchell were available for 2021 but we failed to get Manu and we've decided to not even put in an offer for Mitchell. Big name players available are getting picked off all the time. Parra signed Matterson the other day. I tend to believe the post quoted above about the Dogs playing hard ball with player managers when we have nothing to really offer other than a bigger paypacket. I feel our current management could be doing things a lot better
It’s easier to resign a player at your club then it is to poach a gun player at another club...

And yes pay did say that, but like I said, the first week of the open season if signing players for 2021 just started, you’ve driven yourself crazy by thinking in 8 days we would sign a elite player for 2021, no other club has... so what on earth makes you think we would...

You’re clearly not in grip in what occurs when signing elite players, so do yourself a favour and take a step back and just let the plan take its course when 2021 comes along and IF we still haven’t built up for then... let rip, but for now let’s just see what transitions. Believe it or not we still have back ended contracts for 2021 that are under control but has still restrained us a touch...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s easier to resign a player at your club then it is to poach a gun player at another club...

And yes pay did say that, but like I said, the first week of the open season if signing players for 2021 just started, you’ve driven yourself crazy by thinking in 8 days we would sign a elite player for 2021, no other club has... so what on earth makes you think we would...

You’re clearly not in grip in what occurs when signing elite players, so do yourself a favour and take a step back and just let the plan take its course when 2021 comes along and IF we still haven’t built up for then... let rip, but for now let’s just see what transitions. Believe it or not we still have back ended contracts for 2021 that are under control but has still restrained us a touch...
Sorry for 2020.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and it's pathetic that you're so uneducated and weak you think members and fans can't influence decisions.
Wow, I don't even

I was calling for the sacking of Des Hasler long before the majority started and did everything I could to bring change. If I see something heading the wrong way I voice an opinion (make it as loud as I can so those in power hear it) and I try to encourage others to do the same. Is that wrong ?
Nothing wrong with an opinion (TK has hundreds of them per member). The main thing I'm pointing at is your apparent belief that you can influence things. That is very different to having and voicing an opinion. Also you will find that in the world of opinion makers and takers, people who become known for opinions based on fantasy or gross assumption quickly become undervalued.

Stay silent and be thought a fool, or open your mouth and remove all doubt.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fmd. Straight to the peanut filing tray

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With respect though pay is on record saying he is actively looking at marquees of the ponga type...
The poor bloke thought that
Fifita
Mitchell
Manu
Trbojevic brothers

we’re all gonna be signed first week of November, he’s done it to himself... believed all the media hype

Last edited:

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Brah..you need you calm your fucking farm. What makes you think this Latrell situation is so black and white? It’s 50/50 whether our fan would want him or not. Fuck me, he’s not the 2nd coming of Christ FFs. No need for letter writings like you’re expecting a reply from Dear Abbie.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not up to speed with everything NRL news, but only parra so far has signed a significant signing in Matterson.
Every club has been very astute in resigning their emerging talent on longer term. The dogs have not done any different. It's a responsible business approach by all.
Sure there's plenty of million dollar players available ie Mitchell fifita etc. Any club would love them on their roster yet somehow one week later no-one has gone anywhere. Are all 16 club CEOs dick pulling? I don't think they are.
We aren't privvy to what discussion takes place between player and clubs but I feel we haven't signed any marquee players yet because of not of their talent, but perhaps the rubbish that comes out of their or managers mouths.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any reply yet? I reckon andrew is looking for some of rae raes old replys to copy and paste

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club had to listen to every fan, we would get nowhere. Best if the fans had no input.
As the old saying goes.... if you listen to the fans, you might as well go and sit with them

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As the old saying goes.... if you listen to the fans, you might as well go and sit with them
A bit of undercover boss would serve the club well.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well done mate - writing to them is seldom done. When it put together with logic and reason, it will spark awareness and can often cause some infludence.

Most of the people on here assume their efforts will be a waste so they do nothing and to mask their apathy they shoot others down who try because they want to protect their little bubble of reality that says, "what you do won't matter so don't bother," which proves them right because assuming your effort is useless makes you useless!
Cheers :o)