Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who's to say we didn't make a formal offer and the offer was not what he wanted? Do you have evidence to say we did or didn''t make a formal offer or are you going by what the media are speculating?

We probably offered him $850k to play centre because we have DWZ at fullback but Mitchell wanting to play fullback refused it. Have you considered that?

Look how many clubs have dropped off from signing him. All probably for the same reasons we did who knows?!! We aren't there to see what's going on. What I am saying is we know jack shit what goes on around the negotiations table and to give it to Hill and the Board without knowing the true facts is just stupid.
Hallelujah. And the Tigers are now baulking at Mitchell because they want him ‘risk free’. They’ve already answered their own question!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scandalous that Hill has no experience with previous rolls. You’d at least think he’d had a sausage roll in his time. Oh, you meant role.

The thing is Brad - you have absolutely no idea, just like the rest of us, why he went to the UK (twice). All the bleaters on here and I’m sure the reliable scribes from the Terrorgraph were sure he was going to sign Holbrook to coach or Thompson to play yet the club says they never wanted Holbrook and have said nothing about any players - so no-one apart from club insiders knows the truth.

Oh, but he failed in his mission, didn’t he, because you can’t see some instant result.

You need to learn more about strategy big fella.
I can recommend some books if you’d like.
I just have some serious doubts about the capabilities of Andseron, Price, Hill, and Pay (considering their lack of experience) in negotiating successfully with player managers - Recruitment is not the full time job for any of them. Many other teams have experienced coaches who can assist in the process because they have dealt with many many players in negotiations. Pay is a rookie coach and needs full support around him. I just hope we have someone who works full time on a kind of database, in proactive contact daily with player managers while fully aware of exactly which manager has who in their stable and which players are open to an offer from the Dogs.

Just like what happened with Hasler, there are always warning signs before it becomes too late to fix a situation. What happened with Api and Mitchell in particular just raises concerns with me and I hope you also. I also would have thought the club would have made an offer to Manu basically too good to refuse and we would have got him 100%

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hill, was chosen after a thorough interview process that saw an original figure of over 2600 applicants for the highly coveted role.

Mr Hill has strong credentials, having held the position of General Manager Football at Parramatta Rugby League Club, in addition to the role of General Manager – League Integration and Development at the National Rugby League, before taking on the role of Chief Executive of the upcoming World Cup. Hill, has also worked in AFL, as General Manager of Community and Game Development with the GWS Giants.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hill, was chosen after a thorough interview process that saw an original figure of over 2600 applicants for the highly coveted role.

Mr Hill has strong credentials, having held the position of General Manager Football at Parramatta Rugby League Club, in addition to the role of General Manager – League Integration and Development at the National Rugby League, before taking on the role of Chief Executive of the upcoming World Cup. Hill, has also worked in AFL, as General Manager of Community and Game Development with the GWS Giants.
And, for all the current board haters...
Hill was chosen by Dib.

What say you now?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hill was chosen by Dib.

What say you now?
Wait that would mean all the fan boys hate hill surely! The old board are the devil!

Also working at parra can’t be a good advertisement from any year bar this.

Spoons collected consistently and cheating the cap?!

Ffs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wait that would mean all the fan boys hate hill surely! The old board are the devil!

Also working at parra can’t be a good advertisement from any year bar this.

Spoons collected consistently and cheating the cap?!

Ffs
Nope. I’ve spoken to him a couple of times.
Seems like a decent and smart bloke.

Hill started in Dec-17, after the World Cup.
They barely worked together before Dib was tossed out where he belonged after the damage caused on his watch - damage that is still being repaired.

As for Parra, that stuff happened at levels above Hill at the time, so you can’t tar him with that brush - that’s like saying all Boeing employees are hopeless because of the 737Max or all VW employees are crook because of the emissions scandal. Turn it up, that’s drawing a very long bow.

He did also work at the Giants in their early days and they just made their first GF and are building nicely, which is actually a competitive problem for the Dogs in some respects.

He IS now accountable as CEO however - and by 2021 if clear improvements on and off the field are not starting to show, then - and only then - would I question his suitability for the role.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I just have some serious doubts about the capabilities of Andseron, Price, Hill, and Pay (considering their lack of experience) in negotiating successfully with player managers - Recruitment is not the full time job for any of them. Many other teams have experienced coaches who can assist in the process because they have dealt with many many players in negotiations. Pay is a rookie coach and needs full support around him. I just hope we have someone who works full time on a kind of database, in proactive contact daily with player managers while fully aware of exactly which manager has who in their stable and which players are open to an offer from the Dogs.

Just like what happened with Hasler, there are always warning signs before it becomes too late to fix a situation. What happened with Api and Mitchell in particular just raises concerns with me and I hope you also. I also would have thought the club would have made an offer to Manu basically too good to refuse and we would have got him 100%
Nothing is ever 100% Brad and the minute you start believing that you start making mistakes. Even once you’ve signed a contract - it’s not forever as we often see with players now.

Who knows about Manu - maybe he was approached, maybe has wasn’t. Maybe he never wanted to leave Bondi - maybe he was shrewd enough to realise that Mitchell had issues and hence he would likely be re-signed over Mitchell.

There’s a lot of speculation here...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nope. I’ve spoken to him a couple of times.
Seems like a decent and smart bloke.

Hill started in Dec-17, after the World Cup.
They barely worked together before Dib was tossed out where he belonged after the damage caused on his watch - damage that is still being repaired.

As for Parra, that stuff happened at levels above Hill at the time, so you can’t tar him with that brush - that’s like saying all Boeing employees are hopeless because of the 737Max or all VW employees are crook because of the emissions scandal. Turn it up, that’s drawing a very long bow.

He did also work at the Giants in their early days and they just made their first GF and are building nicely, which is actually a competitive problem for the Dogs in some respects.

He IS now accountable as CEO however - and by 2021 if clear improvements on and off the field are not starting to show, then - and only then - would I question his suitability for the role.
Oh you spoke to him and declare him a decent and smart bloke. Case closed then!

Not responsible at all for eels mess when there but should be applauded for gws set up making the grand final now when he has had nothing to do with them for some time.

Got it! Perfect logic!

To be clear I don’t give a fuck who’s the board or the coach or the ceo. I just want us to be successful and to see us moving forward. Sadly neither the previous mob nor this mob have shown that YET!

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh you spoke to him and declare him a decent and smart bloke. Case closed then!

Not responsible at all for eels mess when there but should be applauded for gws set up making the grand final now when he has had nothing to do with them for some time.

Got it! Perfect logic!
Halloween is over - but - you OK Pumpkin?
Get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?
No wait - that’s every morning it seems.

What’s your solution champion - sack everyone in club management and sign Mitchell?
Bring back Dib?

EDIT - since you edited yours...

I AGREE! I have no loyalties either - what I’ve been saying constantly is GIVE THEM TIME.
They haven’t even been in the job two years.
They need at least two terms to repair the damage and set the course for the future. If that’s not obviously bearing fruit by mid 2021, I too will be calling for them to be replaced.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Halloween is over - but - you OK Pumpkin?
Get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?
No wait - that’s every morning it seems.

What’s your solution champion - sack everyone in club management and sign Mitchell?
Bring back Dib?

Enlighten us with your strategic genius.
This’ll be entertaining...
That’s the best you have to respond with?

Seriously that’s the best you can muster up?

At least you are stumped on your completely idiotic comment. Perhaps you allow that to soak in and come back with something worthy to respond to.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s the best you have to respond with?

Seriously that’s the best you can muster up?

At least you are stumped on your completely idiotic comment. Perhaps you allow that to soak in and come back with something worthy to respond to.
See edit above. Funnily enough we actually agree on something. Almost.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
See edit above. Funnily enough we actually agree on something. Almost.
It doesn’t support the comment regardless.
He was directly involved when the eels sucked. He is not directly involved with gws success.

He’s proven nothing at all and if anything is showing signs to be out of his depth.

I hope I’m wrong.

Also if you actually read past the certain bluntly biased people with obvious agendas you will see I have none. I don’t care if it’s this board; the past boards the next or the board or the board of abc kids for fuck sake. I just call it as it is and am not having others bullshit agendas convince me nor am I following blindly in hope and living in denial.

We are a complete Fucking mess. We are without a doubt one of the least desirable clubs and that is something everyone overlooks.

We are kidding ourselves if we believe the last 5 weeks make up for the first 5 months.

We had the second worst for and against at the end of the season and have lost one of our best players for the year and arguably the only bloke that could create points which we already Fucking struggle with.

I’m not hanging my hat on other clubs getting injuries. We need a major overhaul and we need many positions strengthened and as long as montoya or holland are in our backline we are kidding ourselves sadly.

This isn’t rocket science.

It’s a competition we play to win. If we aren’t doing that what the fuck are we doing?

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn’t support the comment regardless.
He was directly involved when the eels sucked. He is not directly involved with gws success.

He’s proven nothing at all and if anything is showing signs to be out of his depth.

I hope I’m wrong.
OK mate. I’m more glass half full it seems and that’s fine.

I’d still like to hear your alternative.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hill was chosen by Dib.

What say you now?
More reason for Hill to go. Guess he may be good at kissing arse at least. Didn't take long for the new board to sack Andrew Farrar did it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
More reason for Hill to go. Guess he may be good at kissing arse at least. Didn't take long for the new board to sack Andrew Farrar did it?
Why? He worked with Dib for less than 2 months. He’s not and shouldn’t be tarred with the Dib brush.

Farrar lasted 15 months under the new directors, he left in May 2019.

So I’m struggling to understand your point?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
B95AA98B-DC46-4EB1-B7D8-1E66092A8570.jpeg Exclusive pics of andrew hill reading your email today

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What happened to Mbappe
Klopp ruined the party and shut down the meme. Onto Sancho now... if that dies then we're onto Havertz/Werner lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 11934 Exclusive pics of andrew hill reading your email today
No Hill is the best. We shouldn't ask any questions of him or the board. We should have total faith in him to sign the best players because he's a terrific very experienced negotiator and has a track record to prove it.

I think Chris Anderson did most of the work though in signing Stimson and Britt before he left the board. Hill has managed to upgrade 3 "current players" for likely more coin - BRILLIANT performance so far !!!!!

Funny that Dean Pay was publicly stating not long ago that we need at least one franchise type player in the mould of Ponga. Hope he gets the support he needs to get at least 1. I'm not as confident as you obviously nor are the majority of fans who voted in the poll asking if the Dogs will make a big signing in the next 12 months. Go check it out.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

All those qualifications and yet still no major sponsor.
Time to put the theory into practice