Lets play a game....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Here’s another interesting big of info, Elliott ran for more metres than all our forwards. And made more post contact metes thanks Jackson, Waddell and all our bench forwards’ total metres count.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Welcome Payne Haas
We have TPJ and Kikau on 1.6 million combined….. possibly Thompson on 800k too, unless we can offload him…. And you want to sign Haas for upwards of 800k too? Insanity.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have TPJ and Kikau on 1.6 million combined….. possibly Thompson on 800k too, unless we can offload him…. And you want to sign Haas for upwards of 800k too? Insanity.
I don't like the idea of spending big money on forwards but our current group are shit and we don't seem to have much coming through in that position, so I would be all for moving on players like Jackson and Thompson to get Haas.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of spending big money on forwards but our current group are shit and we don't seem to have much coming through in that position, so I would be all for moving on players like Jackson and Thompson to get Haas.
It's not that they're shit, it's more than they don't work effectively as a unit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m all for moving on overpaid forwards, but Haas costs too much. We need to bolster our backline too. Can’t see us ever making finals if 2.4 million of our dap is being used up on three forwards (none of them a hooker)

Our forwards were poor tonight, but our go forward hasn’t been that bad on the whole this year. Vaughan has been really good for the most part.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Just has to stop the one or two stupid brain farts per game and he is awesome.
Sorry......but when you are carrying the rest of the pack, you are allowed an occasional brain fart.....no one else is putting in a great deal of effort.....even Elliot probably outperformed our forwards.......but then he had a motive. We have too much one out running from the forwards and it is so predictable for the opposition defence.....I don't doubt the physical effort, but I just question what is going on between the ears for our forwards and in particular our coach (bearing in mind that he does not drop the ball or throw stupid passes). In addition, Averillo has not offered a great deal since he came back into the side....maybe time to blood Alamoti..........We all knew that Dufty was a dunce in defence, but a one on one (Frawley) is not easy to defend....Frawley got past the forwards before he got to Dufty.....At least Dufty is offering something in attack.....he is starting to pop up in mid-field to take advantage of any GOOD offloads. Not perfect but getting better......

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
It's not that they're shit, it's more than they don't work effectively as a unit.
And tie up 50% of your salary cap in 4 or 5 players.........not sure that this is what we need........we have to live with what we have (be it it good or bad) before you start concentrating the $'s on a select few......

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do I come on this forum it’s not enough to watch the rabble I read this shit afterwards and makes me even more depressed

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vaughn - 7 runs 86
JuNK - 9 runs 89m
Thompson - 7 runs 78m
Waddles - 8 runs 65m
JJ - 5 runs 53m

Stinkson - 3 runs 27m
Ava - 2 runs 13m
King - 5 runs 56m
BBO - 1 run 11m
This is where Tolman was good for us over the years - stock standard punched through 15-20 hit ups for 150m… as stifling as TTF (Tolman The Forth) was, he worked hard.

We wouldn’t have anyone near the VB hard earned top few with the exception of JJ but geez, even the captain went for only 5 runs, atrocious - adding Thommo 7 runs on his pay packet qualifies for fraud.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it's not really surprising since we barely had any possession as we made dumb errors for majority of the game