Opinion Let Foran walk and chase Widdop

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about neither of them?

Go after Brooks and give him the keys to the bus. He could be our Mitchell Moses style signing.

There's too much talent, speed and now experience not to take him seriously. Brooks just needs a change.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For the record I think a very green/rookie halves combination is a disaster. It’s quite amazing, after four years of dog shit and saving up for a phenomenal ‘war chest’ we will probably still have the worst spine in the comp. go figure.
Agree, as it stands right now for 2021 we have less invested in the spine than any other club by a country mile.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I dont think Foran is going anywhere i expect him to sign up again soon. Its a Shame we dont have a contract where as you don't play you don't get paid thats what we need for Foran
Sign him to 250k, if he plays between 60 to 70% of games his pay goes to 500k. If he plays 71to 80% he gets 650k. Capped at 800k. Put 800k aside if he doesn't play all the games we front load a player for next year.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
For the record I think a very green/rookie halves combination is a disaster. It’s quite amazing, after four years of dog shit and saving up for a phenomenal ‘war chest’ we will probably still have the worst spine in the comp. go figure.
I agree, it’s hilarious how everyone is now drooling over Burton...like he’s the prodigal son sent from the football heavens.
Imo it’s Barret who has to turn this team around not some flavour of the month rookie

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard that Widdop wants back into the NRL..
Apparently the saints are hoping for a swap between him and Norman..
If it fails to go ahead though,Widdop wants back into the NRL regardless..
He would be a great get for us,and negate the need to re-sign Foran..
A plus that he goal kicks also..
Thoughts guys
His release from the Dragons was with the proviso he play for no one else but them if he returned.Pretty convenient that Corey Norman has not worked out for them and they happen to need a five eighth...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think Foran is going anywhere i expect him to sign up again soon. Its a Shame we dont have a contract where as you don't play you don't get paid thats what we need for Foran
Let Foran pay the player insurance premium and resign him to $425k for 1 year. Burton is on contract next season....so we can't get him for next year yet.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Let Foran pay the player insurance premium and resign him to $425k for 1 year. Burton is on contract next season....so we can't get him for next year yet.
Fuck me ...another Burton man crush. Why does everyone think this guy is coming to us??!!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
sounds good